Thread: Multiplayer - "Not compatible"-error

Default Multiplayer - "Not compatible"-error

Hi guys. Two months ago, I got Rome: Total War - Gold Edition. When I try to play original Rome: Total War Online, it works fine. However, when I try to play BI online, all the servers says "Not compatible". I hold my mouse over the servers, and they say "BI v1.5". There isn't a 1.5 version for BI, is it? I know GE can't be patched, so I haven't tried it. I'm pretty frustrated. Can you help me?

//Thank you.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Multiplayer - "Not compatible"-error

First of all welcome to the forum.

When RTW BI was first released it came as 1.4. There is a patch to bring it up to 1.6. So, I have no clue what the server message is about.

I don't know if many people play RTW BI on-line.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Yeah that's a problem with the Multiplayer display.

BI is a rarely played expansion on multiplayer. Most players don't play it. All the games that you see as "Non-Compatible" are actually RTW Vanilla games that are being played in the same lobby. Though it says "BI v1.5", its actually meant to mean "RTW v1.5".

If you want to play some BI games, go to the Multiplayer forum and arrange to play, cos honestly, I have rarely seen any non-previously-appointed BI games when I go on multiplayer.

Dartagnan's Avatar Civis

I'm having a problem very similar to this, but I'm using Rome Total War vanilla.

I have BI installed and am on V1.5 but all games appear as incompatible for me...

Any thoughts?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dartagnan View Post
    I'm having a problem very similar to this, but I'm using Rome Total War vanilla.

I have BI installed and am on V1.5 but all games appear as incompatible for me...

Any thoughts?
    Try deleting the map.rwm file before you launch the game for a MP battle.

Edited: OP question answered (no response for a while) = closed.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here