Thread: Retaking the Peninsula -Castille AAR-

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Retaking the Peninsula -Castille AAR-

Retaking the Peninsula
    we have a play at school, the theme is the 80 years of war (The Netherlands vs. Spain, wich ended in victory for the lowlands)
    apart from that, i get to play the Spanish Inquisition...enough reason the write the first Castille AAR, not?

Default Re: Retaking the Peninsula -Castille AAR-

First Clashes

we begin in they year 1071, when the Kingdom of Castille had gained a large ground of territory.
    it was here, on the Iberian Peninsula that the first clashes between the Muslims and the Christians would be fought out.

in 1072, after one year of scrambling an army, the Castillian army moved into allied territory wich belonged to the ciy of Toledo, an independent Kingdom, yet allied to Castille.
    It was here that the Castillian army was taken by surpise, since they were attacked in an open field by an army of Toledo that outnumbered them.
    This treacherous Toledan (is Toledan correct? i haven't been paying attention in the battle ) had muslims in their ranks! they betrayed Christianity!
    and so the first battle began...

The Battle is about to commence....

The Battle of Toledo Plains -1072-

The Toledan army moved themselves into battle positions, and so did the Castiallian army.
    The leading Noble knew that the Toledanes were never a people to fight, and so they did not have a strong army.
    The Castillians on the other hand had a well organised host, consisting of Knights, Archers and Militia.
    When the Toledan army advanced, their battalion on the right flank got over-confident, and attack a Castillian militia battalion.
    Three dead Castillians and 30 dead Toledanes resulted in the low-trained battalion of Toledo breaking and routing.

the first rout....

Then the full Castillian army attacked, and upon inpact, the Toledans got SO scared, they almost immediately.
    Only the Toledan General was tougher, and it took 10 seconds, wich was much, to rout him.

the Reconquista Begins!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Nice start

Will add it soon to the AAR-list.

Hist. hint, at this time you start: The Toledanes weren't allied, and in fact it was a quasi indenpendent islamic Taifa state.
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 12, 2009 at 02:58 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Good start. I'm looking forward to the continuing chapters. I also had a lot of fun playing on the peninsula

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Nice start

Will add it soon to the AAR-list.

Hist. hint, at this time you start: The Toledanes weren't allied, and in fact it was a quasi indenpendent islamic Taifa state.
    i had to give a reason for them being hostile

anyway, i'm going to continue this today, i have had alot of fun playing the inquisition in that play, so taking on these Moors will be even better

EDIT: almost forgot, another reason i'm writing this is because my English one got screwed up, and since the Reconquista is very interesting, i''m really planning to continue this as far as possible...haha, and when i have the peninsula i'm going to try to sail to the lowlands and take them, altough that happened later, it's still fun...ofcourse i'l have to try to get them to revolt, so i can replay that war earlier then it actually happened, but that will only be an option once i got the main campaign goal
    Last edited by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze; February 13, 2009 at 01:08 AM.

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

nice AAR still waiting for the major battles with the moors

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

Patrician Artifex

@ Bull, you might restart this AAR on the very soon upcoming version 1.0 with a new campaign-start?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

well, i've been writing in notepad (so i can release multiple chapters at once)

so i'l first finish this

Patrician Artifex

However, you know hopefully that you can't play this AAR further on v1.0, as it is started on 0.99.20.

When you have another chapter i'll add it to the sticky AAR list.
    Edit: Added to the sticky list.
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 20, 2009 at 01:35 PM.

i'm almost finished writing chapter 4, so i will 3 chapters at the same time, then i will DL 1.0...i think