View Poll Results: Do you want to buy and play it, if there's any?

Voters
417. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

384 92.09%
  • No

33 7.91%
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Play as a German-Axis FPS Game

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Play as a German-Axis FPS Game

Quote Originally Posted by Lumina View Post
    Thats the problem main stream gaming almost started with animeish games. Also live with it, the anime Generation is taking over the film industry, James Cameron is an anime fan, it is rumored he has a stash in his office, as well as directors partner ships for films like Matrix, Iron Man, Transformers, all of their creators gloated about it on an anime documentry about how it inspired them *evil laugh* so is Stan Lee is a big Japanese Manga fan, actually admited it inspired a lot of his own work, and when Patrick Stewart called an anime film absolutely extraordinary, who is going to say he is wrong! It's Patrick Stewart for pete sakes!
    Cool, I guess that's why Avatar sucked.

Lumina's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Cool, I guess that's why Avatar sucked.
    Well it sucks because James Cameron is a bad director, just look at Titanic, great movie, if you ignore Jack and Rose.

Actually now that I think about it I shiver, he is working on a Love Action adaptation of Battle Angel, a manga/anime movie.
    Last edited by Lumina; June 23, 2010 at 06:44 PM.

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
    -- Eddie Rickenbacker (1890-1973)

Numenor's Avatar Campidoctor

Why are we talking about manga anyway?
    [IMG]

Lumina's Avatar Vicarius

I made a comment about making such a game cartoonish and such. Fun how topics stray because of a single comment.

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
    -- Eddie Rickenbacker (1890-1973)

if you want something cartoonish jst look at conkers bad fur day n the evil nazi teddy bears in that (Y) n theres only one good civil war fps and thts call of juarez bound in blood

I would like to see one which either makes you experience the campaigns in Europe, Russia and Africa from the German perspective right till the final battle for Berlin or an Alternate history game where you conquer Britain and Russia. Although there shouldn't be any missions regarding the Jews and Concentration camps or else you are looking at controversy and outrage levels higher then the No Russian mission in MW2. Mentions of it I think are acceptable enough but no imagery.
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by The Thracian View Post
    I would like to see one which either makes you experience the campaigns in Europe, Russia and Africa from the German perspective right till the final battle for Berlin or an Alternate history game where you conquer Britain and Russia. Although there shouldn't be any missions regarding the Jews and Concentration camps or else you are looking at controversy and outrage levels higher then the No Russian mission in MW2. Mentions of it I think are acceptable enough but no imagery.
    The game developers who would make that game would receive much more flak and controversy than No Russian just by doing a game from a German's perspective. Most people connect German soldier in World War 2 to Jew-murdering-then-eating-his-babies Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    The game developers who would make that game would receive much more flak and controversy than No Russian just by doing a game from a German's perspective. Most people connect German soldier in World War 2 to Jew-murdering-then-eating-his-babies Nazi.
    So a game set in WW2 playing from a German soldier's perspective in the Europe, Africa and Russian theaters would cause massive controversy just for the fact you are playing on that side? What a terrible world we live in.
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thracian View Post
    So a game set in WW2 playing from a German soldier's perspective in the Europe, Africa and Russian theaters would cause massive controversy just for the fact you are playing on that side? What a terrible world we live in.
    What an oblivious, indoctrinated world we live.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

That would make them make more money if anything, as far as i know controvery is free publicity, they should make it.

Comes Domesticorum

What an oblivious, indoctrinated world we live.
    Indeed, living in a world where we can relate to soldiers who conquered and oppressed all of Europe and were responsible for the deaths of tens of millions would be much better.

Indeed, living in a world where we can relate to soldiers who conquered and oppressed all of Europe and were responsible for the deaths of tens of millions would be much better.
    It would be because you are making the obvious mistake of associate the common grunt with the brass which is unfair to them. I personally do not care as I have never been interested in a stories for these types of games as cliches will always dominate.

All of the Deutsches Afrika Korps soldiers was found to be innocent of war crimes and actually treated their POW's quite well, this goes with most other troops under people like Rommel's command. I think the only time Wehrmacht troops directly and commonly committed attrocities was in Poland. Otherwise Schutze Johannes Schmidt would be as innocent as Private John Smith.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

If we're going to make incorrect generalizing blanket statements, then the question must be asked as to how playing as Soviet soldiers is any better than playing as the average Wehrmacht trooper?

It's plain hypocrisy on the part of society, nothing more. One regime that had horrible atrocities linked to it happened to be on the side of the victors, and this somehow makes it alright to play as them, as opposed to another regime that also committed horrible atrocities as its modus operandi, yet because it was the enemy, it somehow becomes "wrong" or "incorrect" to play as them.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    If we're going to make incorrect generalizing blanket statements, then the question must be asked as to how playing as Soviet soldiers is any better than playing as the average Wehrmacht trooper?

It's plain hypocrisy on the part of society, nothing more. One regime that had horrible atrocities linked to it happened to be on the side of the victors, and this somehow makes it alright to play as them, as opposed to another regime that also committed horrible atrocities as its modus operandi, yet because it was the enemy, it somehow becomes "wrong" or "incorrect" to play as them.
    Exactly the victors write history so things like Katyn are covered up, the only reason it's ok is because their no longer ussr (but isn't Germany also not Nazi anymore so…)

Comes Domesticorum

All of the Deutsches Afrika Korps soldiers was found to be innocent of war crimes and actually treated their POW's quite well, this goes with most other troops under people like Rommel's command. I think the only time Wehrmacht troops directly and commonly committed attrocities was in Poland. Otherwise Schutze Johannes Schmidt would be as innocent as Private John Smith.
    Perhaps if you win your campaign as part of the DAK you can command be part of the Einsatzgruppen sent to Rommel so he could clear out Palestine from the Jews!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post

The Soviet troops were criminal for a large part, with rapes and killings and murders and such. But while they were fighting to defeat the Nazis, the Nazis were fighting to enslave Europe and commit genocide. I for one do not think that many developers will want to make you part of the army whose actions helped perpetrate the genocide of 11 million people and whose objective was the enslavement of Europe.

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

I recall there being a mod in development for the first Call of Duty. It was probably the closest thing the world would get to a German WWII FPS. I forget the name of it but I'm sure it wasn't completed. It was a full conversion mod that actually had a lengthy singleplayer portion for the Germans. Too bad.

Truth be told I think this'll be the only way we'll see an Axis-sided game - in mods. The trick is finding a mod team who's dedicated, talented, and willing to put a lot of time into it without the promise of financial compensation.

Call me a German sympathizer (read "German" not "Nazi") but I find it ridiculous, like many of you, that no one has the guts to step up and make this game. The assumption that German soldier = Nazi is wrong and will forever be wrong no matter what ignorant people say. How can we make games that feature levels like "No Russian" in MW2 or the bombing of Pearl Harbor in Battlestations: Pacific AS a Japanese Zero pilot but can't make a German sided WWII game? How can we be ok in making a game like World at War where numerous times Russians are shown torturing and executing German prisoners yet use such examples of cruelty to cite why there shouldn't be an Axis game?

It makes no sense.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    I recall there being a mod in development for the first Call of Duty. It was probably the closest thing the world would get to a German WWII FPS. I forget the name of it but I'm sure it wasn't completed. It was a full conversion mod that actually had a lengthy singleplayer portion for the Germans. Too bad.

Truth be told I think this'll be the only way we'll see an Axis-sided game - in mods. The trick is finding a mod team who's dedicated, talented, and willing to put a lot of time into it without the promise of financial compensation.

Call me a German sympathizer (read "German" not "Nazi") but I find it ridiculous, like many of you, that no one has the guts to step up and make this game. The assumption that German soldier = Nazi is wrong and will forever be wrong no matter what ignorant people say. How can we make games that feature levels like "No Russian" in MW2 or the bombing of Pearl Harbor in Battlestations: Pacific AS a Japanese Zero pilot but can't make a German sided WWII game? How can we be ok in making a game like World at War where numerous times Russians are shown torturing and executing German prisoners yet use such examples of cruelty to cite why there shouldn't be an Axis game?

It makes no sense.
    It makes sense.

(zee jews)
    (rly)

It makes sense.

(zee jews)
    (rly)
    Once again I have no ideas what you are talking about. On the fact that the soviets were not as bad as the Nazis they committed as much if not more death than the nazis are you saying it is okay because for the most part their killings were less focused?

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    Once again I have no ideas what you are talking about. On the fact that the soviets were not as bad as the Nazis they committed as much if not more death than the nazis are you saying it is okay because for the most part their killings were less focused?
    I'm not defending the Soviets, but I also do not see any reasons to equate their atrocities with those of the Third Reich. The Soviets committed what amounts to war crimes. The Wehrmacht committed war crimes, but it also facilitated and aided in the systematic and organized murder of 11 million civilians.