View Poll Results: Do you want to buy and play it, if there's any?

Voters
417. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

384 92.09%
  • No

33 7.91%
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Play as a German-Axis FPS Game

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Play as a German-Axis FPS Game

Quote Originally Posted by SorelusImperion View Post
    Nah nobody asked for playing an Allied Bomber Pilot.
    Touche, sort of.

I've recently read and article on German snipers in Normandy. It would be interesting if such gameplay was covered in the game. There are already RTS games who allow you to play as Germans, they should make FPS as well.

Comes Domesticorum

I just hope they have a special Einsatzgruppen level to unlock. Or DLC.

SorelusImperion's Avatar Vicarius

An unlockable Rape achievement for the Soviet part of the campain COD would be so much cooler. You know Sex sells.
    Frederick II of Prussia: "All Religions are equal and good, if only the people that practice them are honest people; and if Turks and heathens came and wanted to live here in this country, we would build them mosques and churches."
    Norge: "Give me a break. Nothing would make you happier than to see the eagle replaced with a crescent."

Ummon:"enforcing international law will require that the enforcers do not respect it"
    Olmstead v USA:"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means-to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal-would bring terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine this court should resolutely set its face."

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who can't defend themselfs.
    When you stand before god you can not say "I was told by others to do this" or that virtue was not convenient at the time

Comes Domesticorum

An unlockable Rape achievement for the Soviet part of the campain COD would be so much cooler. You know Sex sells.
    Aye, but it would be best if it was combined with a prequel where the German army murders your wife and children and burns down your house.

Aye, but it would be best if it was combined with a prequel where the German army murders your wife and children and burns down your house.
    Yeah and as the intro you'll be shown the parade with your german chums in the ruins of conqu... *cough* liberated Poland to make the turning point more dramatic.
    Last edited by SorelusImperion; January 30, 2011 at 07:27 PM.
    Frederick II of Prussia: "All Religions are equal and good, if only the people that practice them are honest people; and if Turks and heathens came and wanted to live here in this country, we would build them mosques and churches."
    Norge: "Give me a break. Nothing would make you happier than to see the eagle replaced with a crescent."

Ummon:"enforcing international law will require that the enforcers do not respect it"
    Olmstead v USA:"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means-to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal-would bring terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine this court should resolutely set its face."

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who can't defend themselfs.
    When you stand before god you can not say "I was told by others to do this" or that virtue was not convenient at the time

Comes Domesticorum

Yeah but first you'll have to walk on a parade with your german chums in the ruins of conqu... *cough* liberated Poland.
    And while chummy with the Germans you can become friends with a German soldier who later rounds up and kills Polish Jews!

And while chummy with the Germans you can become friends with a German soldier who later rounds up and kills Polish Jews!
    Throw in a few flashbacks from your work at Katyn and it gets perfect.
    Last edited by SorelusImperion; January 30, 2011 at 07:32 PM.

Not without some bonus content where you kill Soviet prisoners during Polish-Soviet war and than in 1938 occup...um, "liberate" Zaolzie.

Comes Domesticorum

Yup.

Not without some bonus content where you kill Soviet prisoners during Polish-Soviet war and than in 1938 occup...um, "liberate" Zaolzie.
    The civil war offers enough stuff for a whole new game whith plenty of raping and murdering to do regardless on which side the player is going to fight. Playing the polish side afterwards just isn't interesting enough. And what does the player get as reward in the end ? Warsaw burning ? Would have to be alt history to make offer the nessecary moment of triumph unless you want to play all the way to the last decade of the 20th century. Germany on the other hand has won once your player avatar has forced De Gaule at gunpoint to accept the terms of the EEG later to be turned into the fourth Reich.
    Last edited by SorelusImperion; January 30, 2011 at 08:21 PM.

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

Like you responses SorelusImperion lol ... and BTW I don't get why we can't have an Axis playable FPS game while we have them playable in other geners???
    Last edited by kambiz; January 31, 2011 at 04:49 AM.

The civil war offers enough stuff for a whole new game whith plenty of raping and murdering to do regardless on which side the player is going to fight. Playing the polish side afterwards just isn't interesting enough. And what does the player get as reward in the end ? Warsaw burning ? Would have to be alt history to make offer the nessecary moment of triumph unless you want to play all the way to the last decade of the 20th century. Germany on the other hand has won once your player avatar has forced De Gaule at gunpoint to accept the terms of the EEG later to be turned into the fourth Reich.
    The problem is, with realisti AI the French campaign would be over in first few seconds of gameplay. But they could introduce a minigame - "go as far as possible before French surrender".

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

Agreed Uncle Joe! But then upon surrender, the devs will have to appease the French population and offer some sort of "underground" French Army operation. (Believe me that still wouldn't last long )

Magnus Senex Hydrus's Avatar Laetus

We could wait for the end to come or we could try and make our own.If anyone is interested,like me,we could use either unreal engine or valve's game engine so we don't have to make a game engine ourself,I have time and basic(barely)skills so I could try that but what I want more is story to the sp campaign, unfortunately even though my imagination is pretty good I can't put into words and make a story so I would need help with that.If we started something like this others will join to help so it could be make able.I mean it's better then waiting on Activision or others like it to make a game like this and find out it's not what we wanted
    Disregard this post or not you decide.

Considering the most famous and interesting memories of the WWII have been written by german soldiers and officers. There is plenty to do for a such game.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Red orchestra 2 anyone? It does a good job of not being very "political" or biased and just shows soldiers as human beings fighting a war regardless which side.

sickpeople's Avatar Semisalis

too bad it is only mp center, with sp side as bots. not a true campaign.

Idiots, Idiots never change.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Agreed, not very gripping to say the least. A good in-depth game will surely happen one day.

I thought it would be interesting to play as a young idealistic German soldier joining to serve his country, only to realize what the true face of war is, even as circumstances force him to defend his country.

But that's too much of a moral quandry for popular society.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!