Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: THERA my thanks

Default Re: THERA my thanks

Fantastic Mod

Would have like to see a Hellenic Faction separate from the Romuli with longitudinally inspired Classical Greece inspired units, like Mycene Beserkers, Thracian Cavalry etc.

Nevertheless, congratulations!

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I finally found some time this weekend and was very pleased with my Dracule campaign! Great work as always.

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Snipe's Avatar Tiro

I was addicted to version 1 of THERA when it came out, just started up my old Dracule save again the other day, and i love it again! downloading the latest version currently, I have to say thanks to the creators, this is the only game that has kept me interested lately and its very stable. good job!

My first post in TWC is to say THANKS to u all for Thera.
    This mod is More the Awesome.
    (and sorry for bad english)

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Welcome to the forums Jacopo19! It's always nice to see new members in our community

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Welcome to the forums Jacopo19! It's always nice to see new members in our community
    Thanks for ur welcome
    I was really surprised of how much this mod was near to The Perfect Mod in my mind :b
    it is a great work.

Default Congratulatios for an incredibly enjoyable mod

I only very recently tried out this mod. I enjoy TW in short, sharp bursts and was looking for something new while I wait for Broken Crescent 3 or Third Age 2. I love history or a solid fantasy scenario. I knew about Thera, but to be honest I thought it was just a bit too silly. How wrong I was! Well... it IS silly, but it's also brilliant. The ubiquitous plagiarism of names is a bit shameless and regularly batters my sense of immersion but the backstories work remarkably well.

I never thought I would enjoy using Roman musketry against orcs, pirates or crusaders quite so much. Choosing the right weapon for the job against different factions is also fantastic. I have started a new game as Faust and just roleplaying the diplomacy has me chuckling away.

Keep it up guys!

My dream us if an Indian faction with many-armed demon swordsmen, blue-skinned elephant-mounted archers, tigers on a leash and some nifty bronze guns and rocket artillery.... *sigh*

Enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling inside

P.S. Thanks for moving the thread to the right place.
    Last edited by MaximilianII; June 01, 2010 at 06:25 AM. Reason: thread moved - thanks

Citizen

Default Re: Congratulatios for an incredibly enjoyable mod

Quote Originally Posted by MaximilianII View Post
    I only very recently tried out this mod. I enjoy TW in short, sharp bursts and was looking for something new while I wait for Broken Crescent 3 or Third Age 2. I love history or a solid fantasy scenario. I knew about Thera, but to be honest I thought it was just a bit too silly. How wrong I was! Well... it IS silly, but it's also brilliant. The ubiquitous plagiarism of names is a bit shameless and regularly batters my sense of immersion but the backstories work remarkably well.

I never thought I would enjoy using Roman musketry against orcs, pirates or crusaders quite so much. Choosing the right weapon for the job against different factions is also fantastic. I have started a new game as Faust and just roleplaying the diplomacy has me chuckling away.

Keep it up guys!

My dream us if an Indian faction with many-armed demon swordsmen, blue-skinned elephant-mounted archers, tigers on a leash and some nifty bronze guns and rocket artillery.... *sigh*

Enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling inside

P.S. Thanks for moving the thread to the right place.
    Silly MaximilianII, there are no Orcs in Thera! Those are too fantitious. There are only Uruks!

and at least I got another person to agree with my Indian faction idea

Lastly, welcome to the world of Thera! I do hope you enjoy your stay.

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

Welcome MaximilianII,it's good to see that you managed to go past the apparently silly settings of this mod and decided to try it out
    About names...it's more about "easter eggs" than plagiarism altogether,but I can see your point in wanting something a little more "fantasy"(my advice would be:conquer the settlements and rename them,being lord of half the world let's you have some satisfactions from time to time)

And yes,I too enjoy diplomatic subtleties during my Faust campaign,it's good to see that in the long run your efforts make everything tick into place just fine

Logik's Avatar Campidoctor

Just wanted to thank the creator of this wonderful and entertaining mod and to all involved. I am a huge Stainless Steel fan but this mod right here has won me over. Brilliant absolutely brilliant work. Rep to all. Keep up the great work.
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

Welcome Logik,glad you like the mod,it's obvious they put a lot of effort in making it,and the results are top notch.
    Now off to conquer the world!! (Have you chosen a faction already?)

Quote Originally Posted by Daraunon View Post
    Welcome Logik,glad you like the mod,it's obvious they put a lot of effort in making it,and the results are top notch.
    Now off to conquer the world!! (Have you chosen a faction already?)

Thanks man not yet Probably go with the Teutonic order.As i like playing with the ritterbruders there absolutely ruthless. And you are correct this mod is amazing from what i have seen. I played version 2.0 and loved that one but went on to SS 6.2 but no more i am back playing Thera for good.
    My gaming rig nicknamed The Beast. OMEN by HP Obelisk Gaming Desktop Computer, 9th Generation Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB, HyperX 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (875-1023, Black)

Well the TO is a very good start I assure you,enjoy slaughtering those filthy pagans
    Oh and don't forget to keep an eye on the other Christians as well,only you are worthy of spreading the word of God...

Quote Originally Posted by Daraunon View Post
    Well the TO is a very good start I assure you,enjoy slaughtering those filthy pagans
    Oh and don't forget to keep an eye on the other Christians as well,only you are worthy of spreading the word of God...

Will do man thanks. rep+ for making me laugh.

You're welcome my friend,enjoy your stay

I have very rarely ever wanted to finish an entire campaign in a Total War game. No mod I've tried has really managed to get my attention for long......until now. This mod is downright brilliant and an absloute BLAST to play. I started a campaign as the Faustian Reich and its the best Total War campaign i've ever played. Fighting as the renesiance era Germans against the Aztecs and Spanish is just awesome.

You've done a fantastic job with this mod and I hope you keep up the good work.

Citizen

I'm glad that you like the mod Codeman90! And welcome to our evergrowing Thera community! It's great to see new faces around here

Yes welcome Codeman90,the Faustian Reich are sure to give you a very different campaign than usual,more"medieval" factions. Enjoy your stay.

Well i just edited my Descr_strat file and made the papal states playable and i tell you i am having a blast with them.

I love the fact that you can recruit from all the Knightly orders like my favorites the Canons of the Holy Sepulcher etc.My only gripe with them is that you can't recruit navy ships at all even when you have ports.

So i am forced to use the Move_character cheat just so i can move my army around which i hate doing but what can i do with no ships.

And also you can't call any crusades at all every time i request one i get turned down as it says that the target is not worthy or i don't have enough papal points which is funny because i am the pope.

But other than those minor things i love my new campaign and the mod runs beautifully.I say again fantastic job to all involved i think i will be staying away from SS.6.2 for awhile.I got a new toy to play with.

Cheers

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Logik View Post
    Well i just edited my Descr_strat file and made the papal states playable and i tell you i am having a blast with them.

I love the fact that you can recruit from all the Knightly orders like my favorites the Canons of the Holy Sepulcher etc.My only gripe with them is that you can't recruit navy ships at all even when you have ports..
    This is to stop an overpowered Inquistion (under AI control) becoming expansive, since it destroys the balance of the game

And also you can't call any crusades at all every time i request one i get turned down as it says that the target is not worthy or i don't have enough papal points which is funny because i am the pope.
    This is a restriction of the game engine, and is the biggest realson why the Inquistion should not be a playable faction

But other than those minor things i love my new campaign and the mod runs beautifully.I say again fantastic job to all involved i think i will be staying away from SS.6.2 for awhile.I got a new toy to play with.

Cheers
    Glad you are enjoying themod

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :