Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: THERA my thanks

Default Re: THERA my thanks

One other thing i noticed i thought i would point out where are the Thick black like forests, i would love to see more coastal city's with some heavily forested areas to add to the lore. diverse and very detailed terrain makes for good atmosphere in game.
    http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Dark11
    Click the link above and Join eRepublik today its FREE and FUN!

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Ive never been a fan of the huge dense forests, as fighting battles on forest battle maps is so dull (I find)

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Jaguar6's Avatar Campidoctor

I was going to say the same thing, the map currently seems rather dull, as there are almost no Forests or Mountains, which in my opinion there should be a lot of.

The Unfinished Tales submod for Third Age: Total War

rather dull LOL, well the map is as it is. I believe it is balanced without being clutttered. I do not plan any major changes to it

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Caki's Avatar First Consul of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by dark11 View Post
    I have been on these forums since the beginning, and i rarely post anything ive played the total war series since shogun and i have to say besides the blue lotus mod for RTW this is by far one of the most creative and jaw dropping mods i have ever seen not only in the TW series but out of all games and believe me i own and have played literally thousands of games.
    I was looking forward to the lord of the rings mods for the fantasy feel however this mod has now captured my lime light. It is great to play on a map and in an atmosphere that is not based on real world locations, but it almost takes a life of its own with the thought and detail involved.

expand on the history and lore of this mod, and for each faction release a preview that explains the culture and society of each faction. Do this for your upcoming release's and you will have quite a brain child on your hands.

I smell success for you guys keep doing what you love and don't stop im looking forward to a release before Empire Total war hopefully. Advertise your masterpiece as much as possible and expand your fanbase and this WILL be one of the most dominant mods out there much like stainless steel.

Keep up the work!!! It certainly is a New Beginning.
    WOW like SS man if you think that than THANX VERY MUCH to be in the same level as SS is really something
    Proud To Be Under The Patronage Of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of Thera, A New Beginning

I really believe with more work and detail this mod definitely has the potential of being one of the juggernauts of the mod community.
    http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Dark11
    Click the link above and Join eRepublik today its FREE and FUN!

you will find version 2 is much fuller, it is what I wanted version 1 to be, but I wanted to release a working verison to keep people interested in the concept I had previewed. There was some pressue to release a version

Hey talking about the map, did the modders here ever planned to make some sort of scorched earth map for the new faction? (like the area of mordor they made in TA:TW) It's a bit silly to see the legions of darkness walking trough green fields full with red/yellow roses... Sure the lands they are conquering are just green and the like but their capital/starting cities should be black lands ("devastated")

And how will their "cities" look like? normal cities? Islamic? Eastern-style? hmmm curious...

second: what about the upkeep prices? If i remember well uruks were quite expensive units (300 upkeep for 30 men right?). Do (or did they already have) the uruks get some rebalancing?
    Last edited by Pink Beard; February 14, 2009 at 02:33 AM.
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Beard View Post
    Hey talking about the map, did the modders here ever planned to make some sort of scorched earth map for the new faction? (like the area of mordor they made in TA:TW) It's a bit silly to see the legions of darkness walking trough green fields full with red/yellow roses... Sure the lands they are conquering are just green and the like but their capital/starting cities should be black lands ("devastated")?
    In your opinion, , no their areas of control will still be green and lush,

Hey second: what about the upkeep prices? If i remember well uruks were quite expensive units (300 upkeep for 30 men right?). Do (or did they already have) the uruks get some rebalancing?
    I told have told you how much balancing I have been doing, why would I do that and leave the uruks out of the excercise

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    In your opinion, , no their areas of control will still be green and lush,
    Oh nvm I can understand it. It would be a crapload of work just to do that.

I told have told you how much balancing I have been doing, why would I do that and leave the uruks out of the excercise
    Sorry I'm just scared you forget something and when you release V2 all we can afford is 2 units of Uruks otherwise our economy would die...

ZzzzZZZzzzz If u release v2 soon then u made my day
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Oh nvm I can understand it. It would be a crapload of work just to do that.

Sorry I'm just scared you forget something and when you release V2 all we can afford is 2 units of Uruks otherwise our economy would die...

ZzzzZZZzzzz If u release v2 soon then u made my day

If their areas were devasted then their economy would be wreaked, and then you could only afford two units of Uruks.

You have seen from my campagain screenies that the faction is capable of expansion

You have seen from my campagain screenies that the faction is capable of expansion
    Yeah but that doesn't says . God knows what the AI can do. Conquering the world with full stacks of artillery is one of these things...

I have to see it for my own eyes wether they are good (or not )

God knows what the AI can do. Conquering the world with full stacks of artillery is one of these things...

you will never see that in Thera, artillery is balanced well, by using limited replen pools, and recrutiment bias
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 14, 2009 at 06:40 AM.

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

Full stacks of artillery

Yeah, I did once besiege a castle in M2TW, and I went like, WTF?, when I saw it's garrison....1 unit of peasants and 3 of catapults....:hmmm:

I would also like to extend my thanks to the First O'Neill. This is one of the most promising and refreshingly distinctive mods I have played in ages.

I particularly enjoyed using Roman legions against mediaeval units! Putting many legionary units together in a shield wall and marching them toward the enemy is great fun. I set up a battle like the beginning of Gladiator.

I did find that some of the custom battle maps drowned both armies before the start of play though! I am not complaining as the mod is obviously in an early stage. To be honest I laughed harder than I had in ages, when I saw the corpses of my soldiers piled up under water with seagull cries sounding in the background. I have an odd sense of humour, you understand...

Quote Originally Posted by AmbrosiusAurelianus View Post
    I would also like to extend my thanks to the First O'Neill. This is one of the most promising and refreshingly distinctive mods I have played in ages.

I particularly enjoyed using Roman legions against mediaeval units! Putting many legionary units together in a shield wall and marching them toward the enemy is great fun. I set up a battle like the beginning of Gladiator.

I did find that some of the custom battle maps drowned both armies before the start of play though! I am not complaining as the mod is obviously in an early stage. To be honest I laughed harder than I had in ages, when I saw the corpses of my soldiers piled up under water with seagull cries sounding in the background. I have an odd sense of humour, you understand...

That is caused because I didnt include a custom_locations file, so it is drawing location co ordonates from the vanila file

It is fixed in version 2 , a list of the custom battles effected is listed in the known issues thread

That is caused because I didnt include a custom_locations file, so it is drawing location co ordonates from the vanila file

It is fixed in version 2 , a list of the custom battles effected is listed in the known issues thread
    Cool! I'll look forward to version 2. I just mentioned it because I thought it was funny lol.

no worries mate

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

What a great mod ! At last a bit of fresh air !

I've been longing to play TW games with non historical factions, . But now that dream comes true. I can play an entirely original mod, 100 % free of historical references.

So, keep on the good work, that is a master of the art 'fantasy' mod.

PS : when will the privateers get their mark I tank ?
    PPS : avalon is lacking in machineguns, I hope you'll implement them sometime soon.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; October 05, 2009 at 06:04 PM.
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

Excellent mod two thumbs up keep up the great work guys
    cheers.