Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: THERA my thanks

williammarshal's Avatar Civis

Default Congrats on new forum & game

The title says it all.

Default Re: Congrats on new forum & game

Seconded.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Skooma Addict's Avatar Campidoctor

YES!!!!!! And soon, the knowledge will spread. The masses will know of this superb mod.

Caki's Avatar First Consul of Thera

Friend now all will know of this master piece good job a few more days and I will start making units again and help you if you with bugs

Huh whats this? Well, havin a try, sounds quite interesting compared to all these 0815 medieval mods.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Thank you all, both for your suppourt during development and the ongoing evolution of this work, I shall take some time tonight to organise this new forum, (stickies etc)
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; December 17, 2008 at 06:22 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Default AWESOME

finally a hosted forum lol
    gj first o neil
    u should add an a before thera so this is at top of the list of hosted mods lol jk
    btw if u need a moderator i can help
    last of all this mod needs banners

Default Re: AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by feroXXXed35 View Post
    finally a hosted forum lol
    gj first o neil
    u should add an a before thera so this is at top of the list of hosted mods lol jk
    btw if u need a moderator i can help
    last of all this mod needs banners
    Banners will be modded further, most factions have new banners, except Lao Che, but the trans.banners are not complete so routing units dont flash white

once the forum is seen and (*hopefully) well received I may well call upon the help of more moderators, for the moment Caki and Julius2 helping me run this forum

cheers for all your support and help during pre_release development Feroxxed
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; December 19, 2008 at 06:12 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles

this really sounds interesting and fresh!!

Default Dear Mod Team...

Why is your mod made of awesomeness? Is it possible that this mod is TO good? Honestly, I have played every mod on this website, and this one takes them all and crushes them into dust for many, many reasons.

First the map, I got sick of playing in Europe, and your world is so much larger, so much more beleivable, and it feels and looks like a whole planet rather then just part of one. Everything from the rolling hills to the large wildernesses, scream out awesomeness. My only question, how many settlements did you use? Seems like a 150+ which I approve!

The factions... Jessy Chresy, they are all so unique! I love how you redid many of the units, the new stats are near perfect, and the ROMULI! *falls on his knees and cries in joy* You are a saint... So much fun... I mean all of these factions, with all these units, new descriptions, and the LOCAL recuitment... is made of awesomeness...

My complaints are tiny. The romuli units grind up my RAM (currently 1 but soon to be replaced by 4), the romuli plated units should have more armor, and I think the farms across the world should be .5 percent more productive. My friend who doesn't own this game was struggling in the beginning, but then again is the lack of farms to show how chaotic this world is?

This mod, is epic, I can't wait till future patchs... you... have a royal fanboy.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I'll tell you how good this mod is, I'm going to have to fight between this and a new PS3, and this might win!

Default Re: Dear Mod Team...

Quote Originally Posted by Jovanicus View Post
    Why is your mod made of awesomeness? Is it possible that this mod is TO good? Honestly, I have played every mod on this website, and this one takes them all and crushes them into dust for many, many reasons.

First the map, I got sick of playing in Europe, and your world is so much larger, so much more beleivable, and it feels and looks like a whole planet rather then just part of one. Everything from the rolling hills to the large wildernesses, scream out awesomeness. My only question, how many settlements did you use? Seems like a 150+ which I approve!

The factions... Jessy Chresy, they are all so unique! I love how you redid many of the units, the new stats are near perfect, and the ROMULI! *falls on his knees and cries in joy* You are a saint... So much fun... I mean all of these factions, with all these units, new descriptions, and the LOCAL recuitment... is made of awesomeness...

My complaints are tiny. The romuli units grind up my RAM (currently 1 but soon to be replaced by 4), the romuli plated units should have more armor, and I think the farms across the world should be .5 percent more productive. My friend who doesn't own this game was struggling in the beginning, but then again is the lack of farms to show how chaotic this world is?

This mod, is epic, I can't wait till future patchs... you... have a royal fanboy.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I'll tell you how good this mod is, I'm going to have to fight between this and a new PS3, and this might win!

Many thanks for the kind words,

All praise for the map goes to Gundug who made it for his 'Otherworld' mod, he then kindly granted me permission to use the beautiful map

All priase for the Romuli 'roman' units goes to Caki, who modelled them, and again kindly allowed this mod to have use of them.

I dont want the roman plated units to be 'too' armoured or they simply become medieval knights

And you are correct about the farms, Thera has been decimated and is only now beginning to develop again, that is why their are so few 'developed' settlements, which tend to be the starting capitals fo the factions.

Again thank you for your involvement here

cheers
    Jason

And many thanks for your praises really, and one more thing I am honoured to be a contributor to this master piece which is Jason O'Neill s (TheFirstO'Neill) work
    OOHHHH GREAT ONE I HUMBLY RECEIVE YOUR PRAISES AND RETURN THEM BACK TO YOU
    Proud To Be Under The Patronage Of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of Thera, A New Beginning

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm downloading this now, it looks superb!

YES CAKI! YOU... ARE... A... GOD! I've been waiting to play as super Romans in MTW 2, and you have made them perhaps to epic for there own good, everything about them, the designs, there shields, it just screams out realism and beauty. I love the legionaries, how they charge at enemies with there massive shields and are a living battering ram. I was gonna try a new faction tonight, but I haven't played the Romuli since I started... Tonight I play as them again! You... are Mars.

I do have a question concerning actual trade fleets and such. I have noticed that Constantium doesn't have any sea trade whatsoever, even within the empire after serious infrastructure has been built? Is this intentional?

I noticed this at Athens as well. However some of my castles have trade fleets.

I ask because my economy suffers incredibly.

EDIT: I just swapped playstyles to the one I use for Chivalry II: WotSV and hoarded my starter gold.
    Last edited by Mattress; December 23, 2008 at 01:21 PM.

Default Wow Thanks a lot Thera Team....

Wouldn't ya know it, I'm just going about my ole business on TWC forums and then out of nowhere, I see my old (yet still favorite) mod THERA sitting there in innocense. I tell myself, no no obliterate you are very far in your Fourth Age: Total War campaign to give up. So I made the right descision....THERA: A New Beginning Downlaod Complete! I hate all of you lol.

Default Re: Wow Thanks a lot Thera Team....

Proud To Be Under The Patronage Of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of Thera, A New Beginning

Default Re: Wow Thanks a lot Thera Team....

lol

AAHHH IT"S A MAGNET!!!!!!! CAN"T LEAVE IT ALONE THERA IS DRAWING YOU TOWARDS IT!!!
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Default THERA my thanks

I have been on these forums since the beginning, and i rarely post anything ive played the total war series since shogun and i have to say besides the blue lotus mod for RTW this is by far one of the most creative and jaw dropping mods i have ever seen not only in the TW series but out of all games and believe me i own and have played literally thousands of games.
    I was looking forward to the lord of the rings mods for the fantasy feel however this mod has now captured my lime light. It is great to play on a map and in an atmosphere that is not based on real world locations, but it almost takes a life of its own with the thought and detail involved.

expand on the history and lore of this mod, and for each faction release a preview that explains the culture and society of each faction. Do this for your upcoming release's and you will have quite a brain child on your hands.

I smell success for you guys keep doing what you love and don't stop im looking forward to a release before Empire Total war hopefully. Advertise your masterpiece as much as possible and expand your fanbase and this WILL be one of the most dominant mods out there much like stainless steel.

Keep up the work!!! It certainly is a New Beginning.
    http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Dark11
    Click the link above and Join eRepublik today its FREE and FUN!

Default Re: THERA my thanks

Many thanks for your kind words, all faction histories wiill be 'filled' out for version 2

Kind regards
    Jason

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast