Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV symbol and GUI pack (now in > BB 4.01)

Myshkin's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: TOKUS' strat map banner symbol micro-patcher (from Hell) for DLV 6.2

Now I have a feeling if I say this someone may hit me on the head - and rightfully so!

Tokus, the banners you had at first were easier to visually understand when zooming out at the campaign map. Adding the shield around them, makes them more beautiful, but when zooming out you can't see them very well (1600x900 resolution).

Since, we spend most of our time on the campaign map with a zoom out setting, maybe it would be better to use the ones with the shield as faction emblyms (where you choose your faction etc) and remove the shielf from the banners?

Does anyone have the same feeling?

A thousand apologies, if I get really annoying now.
    Last edited by Myshkin; November 22, 2009 at 06:30 AM.

Default Re: TOKUS' strat map banner symbol micro-patcher (from Hell) for DLV 6.2

Myshkin,

Oh, I play close up and like seeing everything sharp. The symbols in every other mod are low res (I like the strat map on higest res possible). That's why I made 'em super sharp. They also 'ported overto the GUI nice and strong. I suppose I can do a low resolution version for you chaps who enjoy playing the strat map game zoomed waaay out. Sorry for not thinkin' o' this before.

I remain sirs, your most disobediant bastich,

Ts. Maximus esq.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shadrach

Thats a Kalmar lion, 200 years later. For the next 4,5 century til 1814.

As I said in the past post, the current Coat had no shild, no axe, no crown, osv.

Tokus

Can't trust 'em not to drink when working Yeah, a couple of drunk danish designers.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

Quote Originally Posted by Tokus*Maximus View Post
    I suppose I can do a low resolution version for you chaps who enjoy playing the strat map game zoomed waaay out.
    That would be really nice Mr*T
    A big THANX for your efforts

Agis
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar

Myshkin's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tokus*Maximus View Post
    Myshkin,

Oh, I play close up and like seeing everything sharp. The symbols in every other mod are low res (I like the strat map on higest res possible). That's why I made 'em super sharp. They also 'ported overto the GUI nice and strong. I suppose I can do a low resolution version for you chaps who enjoy playing the strat map game zoomed waaay out. Sorry for not thinkin' o' this before.

I remain sirs, your most disobediant bastich,

Ts. Maximus esq.
    You are such cool guy! Many thanks indeed!

Tokus, just discovered another bug.

If you want to properly load all your rebel banners, you need to edit the file "descr_standards" and change the line where it says rebel_factions to:

rebels_factions
    symbols DLV_ext/banners/symbols8.tga

If you don't, it will load rebel banners from medieval default folder. So, finally ALL your banners are now loaded!

One more thing, the rebel banners look too white on greyish/white background. Screeny attached.
    Last edited by Myshkin; November 22, 2009 at 04:31 PM.
    ™–—˜ Mini-projects under developlemt for TATW and ETW ™–—˜
    ™–—˜ Œ Total Retrain ™–—˜  Total Movement ™–—˜
    ™–—˜ Ž Total Economy ™–—˜ x Navy Mod ™–—˜

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Myshkin View Post
    One more thing, the rebel banners look too white on greyish/white background. Screeny attached.
    Yes, I noticed that with some of the rebel flags, specifically those two in symbols8.tga, they look pretty bad when zoomed out.

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ok, it's all here:

There is no physical example of the a Coat of Arms. Non-existing. Therefor we can be strict on specific details(no axe, no crown), but flexible on details which is general on the continent in a few years(escutcheon).

Use the Attached Sketch to check the following numbers:
    1. What is most likly the look of the lion, because lion's were pretty ugly back then. It's not pretty, and you can pollish the head drawings the way you feel. The missing piece is a mane on the head. (but, no axe, no crown)
    2. What the most likly look of the Norwegian escutcheon, because all the future shilds have the same shape. There never was any escutcheon at the time, but we can be 10 years flexible. (the blue lines are the most likly borders).
      1. Colors: Totaly optional, tho I suggest: the dark red, dark blue works good as main colors. Aswell as 'yellow'-ish/gold for the lion. Silver, white, gold or other "clean"-colors works good for the letters/borders.
    3. I put it togather in a paint-sketch unit, with technical imagination. The Escutcheon inscription:
      • The location: LATIN or Norse (you choose):
      • Chief: RIKI NORVEGIA or Rνki Norπvegr/Rνki Norπweg.
      • Dexter: REX MAGNUS or Magnϊs gσπi.
      • Sinister: SANCTUS OLAVUS or St. Σlαfr Haraldsson.
        • Inspiration: Norwegian middle age penny. Example of the 1st coin: + (a cross) REX SVERUS MAGNUS, with the Kings pass port picture in the middle... if you can see it:
          Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
          Norwegian Bracteates: (The coins are from a coffin including 5000 coins from the reign of King Sverre, 1177-1202. This means this style was commen among freemen)
    4. Sketch inspiration:
      • a.) (What is left from the) Norwegian Coat of Arms: 1227
      • b.) Norwegian Coat of Arms: 1274
      • c.) Norwegian Coat of Arms: 1289
    I think this will be the best Coat!! I did all which is within my expertise, obviously not graphics, but I hope you get the intended frames. Can you work your Tokus-magic?

Much much regards,

Wille, (the) Nissen from the mountains of Dovre
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; November 22, 2009 at 10:25 PM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Sir Tokus,
    Any news of the update you are making?
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Yes,

I have implimented the symbols into the GUI for the Northern Europeans. They prob' look good enough but I'm not sure about them. I have to pop them into the other Cultural folders and the micro-mod is ready. I've also put all the glorious Angus McBride painted loading screens back into the mod too.

GREAT! Can't wait... When do you plan to upload..?

Greetingz Sir Agis,

Thanks for asking upon the health of my fledgling GUI symbols. I dunno if you'll like them. Urrghhh. Will let the gang decide though. I've been playing 6.2 again to test them out. Good to play again. It is a good game - just when it gets too repetitive something pops up to pull the rug from under your feet. When I've a moment this weekend I hope to knit the GUI symbols over to the other culture folders and will upload. The file 'n' folder structures always makes my head spin and it takes me ten times longer to do anything as I struggle with computers. Photoshop's practically it.

Download the latest version of the Symbols improvement Project [SiP]
    Then, just delete all files and keep the folder tree to put in your files...

PS. I've bumped the Symbols improvement Project [SiP] thread so you will find it easier

Thank you kind Sir Agis, that will help me get the folder structure correct. I'm not affecting the city strat map flags, I like the variety and difference (especially as you did such a good job of them). Will try to get the GUI in place for the cultures this weekend - I'm away every week - only back at Castle Tokus at the weekends.
    Last edited by Tokus*Maximus; November 28, 2009 at 03:46 AM.

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Hey, after modifying descr_standarts.txt I've got stars back but some symbols are messed up or missing.

Any news from Sir Tokus?

Great work Tokus!

I am wondering if you plan to make Banners for other Factions not included in this Mod, in case some of us want to create new factions to add on or replace current ones w/ other factions, would be great to have your high quality banners & symbols ready for them as well.

Factions such as Aragon, Wales, Antioch, Eddessa, Almohads, Navarre, Sweden to name a few.

Any update on your current project?

Thanks & keep up the great work & people keep up the great feedback & suggestions!

Last edited by TMSKILZ; December 21, 2009 at 04:32 PM.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Hi TMSKILZ (ouch hard pseudo),
    Maybe you wish to use other font for other people to read you ?
    It hurts my eyes to read this (not saying anything about the contents, just the format is unfriendly).
    Cheers,
    Cedric37.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    Hi TMSKILZ (ouch hard pseudo),
    Maybe you wish to use other font for other people to read you ?
    It hurts my eyes to read this (not saying anything about the contents, just the format is unfriendly).
    Cheers,
    Cedric37.
    LOL, none taken friend, I just like the "Impact" font style, wanted to be a little different.

Any word on Tokus latest project? Seems he hasn't posted in a while.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Ha ha, much better!
    Thanks, mate!

PS: Tokus come out regularly on this forum, just wait a little bit
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Hi Chaps,

My dear Agis, am back! Business was busy; the daily tasks and usual deadlines my only excuse. Now I've a festive week to play and enjoy DLV 6.2 while I nail down the GUI and test test test.

@TMSKILZ - Aye, am happy to do new banner stuff upon request. Wales and Aragon I've done for Harry's fine Europa (may some good modders convert it up to 6.2). Folk contact me from to to time and I do a symbol or two for them.

@Everyone - Here's to the festive feeding frenzy - hope your wallets havn't been hit too hard an' you've a good looong holiday to play DLV and mod too.

-- Tokus