Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

Ragox's Avatar Foederatus

Icon4 The Elder Scrolls: Total War

>The Elder Scrolls: Total War

I'm starting to plan this Mod based on The Elder Scrolls Universe right now. So I'm looking for some People to help me out with it

I think it would fit really good, since theres a lot of Factions, a big Map and lots of Informations about everything.

The Timeline would be based way after the famous Games TES3: Morrowind (3rd Era) and TES4: Oblivion (also 3rd Era) in around the 5th Era, so that we can have more Freedom and fictional Gunpowder Weapons (wich does not yet exist in the other Timelines).

So if anyone wants to join the Project, just tell me

>The Factions

The Bretons

The Imperial

The Orcs

The Redguard

The Nord

The High Elves (Altmer)

The Dark Elves (Dunmer)

The Wood Elves (Bosmer)

The Argonians

The Khajiit

>The Map

Last edited by Ragox; February 11, 2009 at 06:41 AM.

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

I think there should be area factions instead of racial factions, I know each race has its specific area, but racial factions don't represent it well, also think of that this can't be canon lore, so you need to make up a lot of stuff because a game has not been set in every province.
    The best setting would be (imaginative) that the empire breaks apart and many factions form, and there racial factions would not fit.

For research use www.imperial-library.info

Edit: i don't think gunpowder would fit well, except cannons that ARE in hammerfell.
    Last edited by Lupu; February 11, 2009 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [COJOT]Alpha-Lupus View Post
    I think there should be area factions instead of racial factions, I know each race has its specific area, but racial factions don't represent it well, also think of that this can't be canon lore, so you need to make up a lot of stuff because a game has not been set in every province.
    The best setting would be (imaginative) that the empire breaks apart and many factions form, and there racial factions would not fit.

Edit: i don't think gunpowder would fit well, except cannons that ARE in hammerfell.

Thanks for your Suggestions,

I see you're also a big Fan of the Series

I know the Factions were originally more polictical than Race specific, thats why I'm planning to use some Timeline in the futuristic 5th Era. Since theres nothing known about the 5th Era, I can make a Story up.

Racism (wich was also very present in the Games already) would have been greatly increased and that's why the Races (exept the Empire) splitted up into Race specific Factions.

Why shouldn't gunpowder fit well?
    The only race I can't imagine using it are the Wood Elves.

Also Melee Units would still be the Main Part of an Army, just like in MTW2.

Of course there's still so much to figure out first, so I really appriciate all kinds of suggestions

Beeeno's Avatar Decanus

Please keep on going with this MOD !!! it looks interesting !!!!
    Si Valete Bene Est Ego Valeo

Beeeno

Why do you want it to be futuristic?

Why do you want it to be futuristic?

That has many reasons: First off it's a lot easier to create the mod if it's based in a similar Szenario. People won't be disappointed, that places don't look the same like in the other Games. The race specific factions would fit much better for Total War. And most importantly: There's enough Freedom to make things up.

Why would the race specific factions fit better? I know many of the people are racist, but that's too extreme, also futuristic I think really sucks for ES because than you could just make it for another world, bowmen and things like that will be in or modded in, and if you don't want to try anything to make it ES, don't try to make ESTW.

Why would the race specific factions fit better? I know many of the people are racist, but that's too extreme, also futuristic I think really sucks for ES because than you could just make it for another world, bowmen and things like that will be in or modded in, and if you don't want to try anything to make it ES, don't try to make ESTW.

Well it's not that I don't want to make a Mod playing in the 3rd Era. The point is you would need a lot more people for something like that. Just think of all the parts that would need to be replaced. If only I could get an Army of experienced Modders and some Researchers I would gladly do it. But the sad Truth is, that won't happen.

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

Well as far as I know, the third starting of an ELDER SCROLL mod here in TWC.
    Can i ask you how is your modding skill for an ambitous project like this ?
    Anyway good luck and perhaps start a little bit smaller just an island and then.....

Regards A.U.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Argent Usher View Post
    Anyway good luck and perhaps start a little bit smaller just an island and then.....

Regards A.U.

It's the third one already? I would like to know what happened to the other ones!?

I've been modding for more than 6 years, and I already worked professional in an EA Studio (EA Phenomic) as "Map Artist". Still it's my first time at modding TW. But it shouldn't be a big problem for me... I'm a fast learner when it comes to Modding

I think I will follow your suggestion to do some part of the (really huge) Map first, and after that the other Parts.

I'm sure archers, spearmen and shield and weapon melee units will be in, magic would be the main problem, and it would be in a later as well as earlier era, also special cities like vivec, but they would also be in.
    I'm not asking for third age, in the third age the empire is united, it would have to be in the fourth era because we don't know what happens there.

Both the other ones have already died off. Morrowind: Total War and Tamriel: Total War, correct?

In any case, if you're going for factional lore-friendliness, racial factions are the way to go. There's a reason each of the provinces is dominated by their native race, you know. They all have native governments, and racial pride.

Here's an example faction list for you:
    Nibenay (Eastern Cyrodiil)
    Colovia (Western Cyrodiil)
    Valenwood
    Forebear Kingdoms (Northern Hammerfell)
    Crown Kingdoms (Southern Hamerfell)
    Daggerfall-Camlorn (Western High Rock)
    Wayrest (Eastern High Rock)
    Orsinium (Straddling the High Rock-Hammerfell Border)
    The Elsweyr Confederacy (Elsweyr, if you wish it could be divided into Anequina and Pellitine)
    Argonia (Black Marsh)
    Morrowind (Could be divided anywhere from 1 to 5 factions, based on the Great Houses - Hlaalu, Dres, Telvanni, Indoril, and Redoran. Personally, I'd divide it into a unified Hlaalu-Dres-Mournhold (representing Helseth), and Redoran-Indoril-Telvanni (representing the anti-Imperialized Morrowind)

Why not put it at the beginning of the Fourth Era? The Empire is crumbling, and the factions are scrambling for power.

Also, magic can be simulated. Imperial Battlemages, and others, can shoot special projectile units, with the ammo counter representing the amount of magicka they have left.

Yes, places are dominated by different races, but it's too collective to just mash for example all dunmer into one faction, called dark elves, they certainly would use mercenaries and people from other races, there's also the great house structure, which all are own factions, and nomads like ashlanders(ETW I have heard has 50 faction slots, so most minor factions could also be represented as own factions for the sake of diplomacy) And don't start on hammerfell and high rock, not just "redguards" and "bretons" factions.

Magic would still be difficult, would require special animations, effects, and magic has a lot more effects than projectile firing.

it will be cool to implement the deadra in the mod lol
    Vox populi, vox dei!!!
    "The voice of the people is the voice of God"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xmpBWGJ1_Y

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Do it. I was involved in tamriel mod for mtw2 but that died. oh well

Oh yeah and to Lupus, you dont need special animations, you just need to use that flaming projectiles thing it was done with the four seasons mod

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Blue Lotus has done it all when it comes to projectiles I would seek them out for wisdom.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Sure... Hold off on the whole "racist" junk. I don't think there should be "areas" as factions at all. The races would be perfect as factions. The Nords don't even like the Dark elves, there would no Easter Skyrim, and Western Morrowind team. That wouldnt even a-line with the history of the area. The Dark elf's, or what ever elf's were there previously did a pogrom against some Nord's, the Nord's then came back from their homeland and obliterated the elf's completely out of what is now Skyrim. Races teams would be perfect for the mod. There are other wars, and at not one time can I recall reading a book in game that the races of the game formed and forged reign alliances with each other. The Dark elf's do have House like you mentioned already, but they are still united under there race.
    Last edited by 14Viking14; February 17, 2009 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argent Usher View Post

Regards A.U.
    Yeah, didn't one of them actually lose some one? One of the leaders holding all the stuff got sick or something. It was Tamriel TW for Rome. I was expecting soooo much from that mod, it was a sad loss.

Quote Originally Posted by 14Viking14 View Post
    Sure... Hold off on the whole "racist" junk. I don't think there should be "areas" as factions at all. The races would be perfect as factions. The Nords don't even like the Dark elves, there would no Easter Skyrim, and Western Morrowind team. That wouldnt even a-line with the history of the area. The Dark elf's, or what ever elf's were there previously did a pogrom against some Nord's, the Nord's then came back from their homeland and obliterated the elf's completely out of what is now Skyrim. Races teams would be perfect for the mod. There are other wars, and at not one time can I recall reading a book in game that the races of the game formed and forged reign alliances with each other. The Dark elf's do have House like you mentioned already, but they are still united under there race.
    So all nords are allied under one rule and have the same opinions?

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Personally the whole Race faction things I find sucks... You cant make up a reason as to why all Tamriel would become at a racial war. Most people love their settlements especially in Imperial City. It should be based on areas not races.

I bet all the goblins would probably unite too wouldnt they lol.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast