Thread: What's the launch cmd line for Steam?

Default What's the launch cmd line for Steam?

I've tried -modname:BI to no avail.

Does any have the line I need?

Default Re: What's the launch cmd line for Steam?

I too would like to know how to make it work on steam, i brought gold from steam just so i can play this and its not working!

I even tried moving all the game files from steam to the defualt it would have been from a boxed version, still with the same error messege "Failed to find steam".

Please say someone out there knows how to get round this!

erm, mod team hasn't used Steam, so no idea at the moment... will have a look around other mod forums for clues

if -modname:BI would work for a mod called BI
    then you'd need
    -modname:bi\eod2
    for this, but not sure if that is whole story

have found this by Aradan for getting FATW to work via Steam, the mod's are quite similar in structure so hopefully same principle will work

follow all his instructions here:
    http://www.thefourthage.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3067

except where it says
    -nm -show_err -mod:bi\ci
    use
    -nm -show_err -mod:bi\eod2

Thank you ever so much for your help and effort looking around forums!

I will try this out now and post here with results

EDIT: hmm i entered in the line but it seems to run BI normally...i looked around for launch instructions but as far as i can tell it should go right into the mod? i did start a new campaign but there was no auto script thing and i didnt fancy playing normal BI

P.S. Sorry i am a noob to installing mods to steam AND the total war series...

EDIT 2: ahh got it working, needed to reword the command line, it says in the instructions you linked me to to use -nm -show_err -mod:bi\ci (obviously change were needed) but i looked in the shortcut on the desktop and it said this -show_err -nm -mod:bi\eod2 this worked just changing the place of the -nm

Thank you again.
    Last edited by Experiment13; February 11, 2009 at 04:30 AM. Reason: results of previous post.