Thread: Single card SLi slayer?..teaser

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

Well guys, here's a bit of a teaser on a possible single card SLi slayer. It's a little old by their standards, but ATI still hasn't said a peep about it.
    This is from a guy who is one of the priveleged few who gets to beta test all the hot new computer equipment.
    While he doesn't actually say what the card is, he posts a record beating 40K in 3D2K1. As well as a fuzzy picture of the card.

Could this be the X900 or r520? It's possible. ATI is planning on releasing the 850XT Platinum in AGP flavor next month, along with their new (secret) answer to Nvidia's SLi technology for PCIe or their 512Mb Ultra.
    I'm honestly an Intel/Nvidia guy myself, but my mouth is watering...

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

4 gigs of ram???? 4.3ghz processor (oh wait its an intel, Ill stick to AMD thankyou very much), and and and its an...ATI..bleh. *tongue*
    When I see Nvidias reply I'll start caring. :grin

As an aside, wouldnt all of his ram slots be full with 4 gigs???
    Unless Im mistaken (And i honestly could be given its ddr2 ram and amd boards dont use ddr2) wouldnt that actually slow his computer down....or would the sheer fact that its 4 gigs override any performace slowdown resulting from all ram slots being full?

Edit: Ive gotta be pessimistic on this because I just went SLI....I'll cry if I don't condemn it (I just have to keep telling myself I did the right thing...I DID THE RIGHT THING. :crying )

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

I can't really say about any of your questions. This guy gets new prototype hardware all the time, so he may even have a couple 2Gb modules.

And sorry to burst your bubble about SLi, but as a rule, early adoption isn't always a good thing if there is no decent competition available. Which up until recently, SLi had no real competition.

When I see Nvidias reply I'll start caring
    Actually, this is more than likely the answer to Nvidias 512Mb Ultra cards slated for release within the next month or so. Then after this ATi is released, Nvidias answer is gonna be "holy :wub:!"
    Word is, ATI is waiting until the 512Mb Ultra is released to pounce.

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

there are so many rumour about R520 in beyond 3d, rage3d, and so on

I'm expecting this card would be at least 70% faster than X850XTPE meaning this card can match 6800GT SLI mode, I can expecting this because the evolution since GF4Ti become soo fast

GF4Ti ----> R9700/9800 generation which is 2x faster then ----> R420/NV40 = 2x 9800XT ----> R520/NV whatever names and code (some said NV47/48, some said NV5x, some said G70/80) will be 2 times faster than X850XTPE?

This has been on the net for like a month already and have any of you thought why it is 3dmarks01 which is extremely cpu limited right now? and its on driver heaven for crying out loud, a site that is known to be heavily bias toward ATI so I wouldn't trust anything until I see some real proof or atleast a 3dmarks05 score.