Thread: Thermopylae Map 1.0

Default Thermopylae Map 1.0

The famous battlefield of Thermopylae comes to M2TW with Thermopylae Map 1.0, a brand new and huge historical battle map, playable with vanilla game as well as mods (using Byzantines and Turks as 'placeholder units'). The result of weeks of hard editing and modelling of the landscape, the Thermopylae 1.0 map is divided in two main thatres: the Thermopylae Pass close to the shore and the Anopaia path, hidden by mountains... the passage that your enemies will try to cross and outflank you!

Defend the passage HERE!

Senator

Default Re: Thermopylae Map 1.0

Cool! wish they had that in RTW as well!

Thompson45cal.'s Avatar Ordinarius
    The Great State of Texas and George W. Bush ain't no Texan.......

Nice map. ever play the thermo300 map?

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Very good Aradan. Looks realistic, as far as the descriptions we have from that period, go.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Yep, great work Aradan! Though I think david.coole may have had something to do with it too...

It is nice.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Great work! But there seems to be a problem with this:

Whenever I attempt to play on this , the red barriers are far too small to allow me access tp the majority of the map, my soldiers arent able to manouver to the actualy "hot gates", instead, the only play to deploy troops is in the "secret trail". Also the enemy AI deosent react to my movements, they stay in their starting positions no matter what I do to them? Any solutions?
    "The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

>>========Niccolo Machiavelli=====>

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Quote Originally Posted by StalkAndStrike View Post
    Great work! But there seems to be a problem with this:

Whenever I attempt to play on this , the red barriers are far too small to allow me access tp the majority of the map, my soldiers arent able to manouver to the actualy "hot gates", instead, the only play to deploy troops is in the "secret trail". Also the enemy AI deosent react to my movements, they stay in their starting positions no matter what I do to them? Any solutions?
    simply cuz every army on battlefield, is related and linked to a specific part to the map.. phoceans could be deployed only in a point of anopaia etc...

- Byzantine army who has archers in formation, is playin the role of phoceans and it will be deployed only in Anopaia

- Byzantine army without archers are "spartans"... (see the shore)

for the ai, the battle's not scripted.. simply because i dunno how to do it... btw, if u wait few time in battle, Ai works even if it's not scripted. Not scripted ai, just needs few time to recognize the map coords, heights, passable ways etc, and then make their movements after a scan of the map.. this is why in complex maps, Ai doenst react quickly at the beginning

for the manual deployment of soldiers, i chose to disable it.. cuz byzantines are very upgraded and pumped up.. if i could let u deploy them, then turks will not so able to beat u or make the fight hard to win.. i made this in the name of game balance..

Good job man! One question: can you play as Persians?

Quote Originally Posted by Xomiak View Post
    Good job man! One question: can you play as Persians?
    sure.

at selection army screen, u simply left click on the army shield u want...even on turks ones

to know what of those shields/armies are linked to on map, i made u this who could help you:

Awesome map, just won the battle as Persians. The map is perfect, the athmosphere is brilliant (I feel like forcing people to call me Xerxes the Great now). The thing I liked was that the Spartans didn't rout till the end. Well they were seriously pwned in the end so 2-3 squads of them routed, but the battle was to death. +rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Xomiak View Post
    Awesome map, just won the battle as Persians. The map is perfect, the athmosphere is brilliant (I feel like forcing people to call me Xerxes the Great now). The thing I liked was that the Spartans didn't rout till the end. Well they were seriously pwned in the end so 2-3 squads of them routed, but the battle was to death. +rep.
    thanks

great map, i'll prbly download it. One question tho. Does it work in multiplayer?
    "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" - Louis Hector Berlioz

Thompson45cal.'s Avatar Ordinarius
    The Great State of Texas and George W. Bush ain't no Texan.......

Quote Originally Posted by ReyMandez View Post
    great map, i'll prbly download it. One question tho. Does it work in multiplayer?
    custom maps work just fine in multi-player, as long as all players have the map data.

exactly