Thread: Requesting information . . .

Default Requesting information . . .

Hey, I'm a hardcore EB fan who has been also constantly been on the lookout for a good medieval mod for RTW. To my shame, I didn't know this mod existed until recently.
    Anyway, I was reading through the stickied information thread and still have some questions regarding this mod. This may seem vague . . .but what are the main features? I assume this just isn't RTW with medieval skins. Is there religion and the pope excommunicating people? Are there castles? From screenshots it seems like there are, and also multiple cities in one region. How does that work?

Sorry for the many questions, please direct me to a thread with this info if need be.

Default Re: Requesting information . . .

well i think its hardcoded,you cant have multiple cities in one region,castles there are,instead bulding a fort with the faction member,you create a casle,which is very awesome,it has two epic walls i think,with the troop camp,as to religion i belive it only has on the BI
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

thr are castles (as forts)
    pope will be implemented in the next release
    and cities are one per province as always

this is a awesome mod, check out the units previews in the stickies

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Rome Medieval does have fully functioning castles, which can be built on the campaign map in any place you choose, to improve strategic defense of your provinces. One of the main bonuses of the RM campaign is the thrilling campaign play. It will test your skills in battle and on the campaign map like never before (I know this sounds exaggerated, but it's the honest truth), I recommend Hard/Hard difficulty for the best gameplay experience. There's also a medieval soundmod available here somewhere, to add a little extra atmosphere to the game. The Pope is going to be implemented in some way in the future.

Roman_Wolf's Avatar Campidoctor

regarding the castles, I noticed that they cost as much as a regular vanilla fort (which is very cheap).
    So can you change the price, or is it hard coded?
    Love is the most powerful thing on Earth, unless you have access to weaponry.

we can change the price, but i dono if we will
    btw, heres some pictures of the castles
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140167
    Last edited by Dr. Oza; March 02, 2009 at 11:23 PM.

It has been a while since I played this game but as I recall to many castles will bankrupt you really fast.

DHS
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When is the next release coming? Implementing the Pope sounds awesome. RM2 is almost their, but it seems like a work in progress. RM3 should be great when it is released.