Thread: landscape shining through body

Default landscape shining through body

In the center line of many units there is a small coloured line about one pixel wide, at most units this line is grey. I know this is because of the seam in texture wrapping. But why is at some units for example the light tarentum missle cavalry (epirus) or the cretan archers the landscape shining throug this line? :hmmm:
    A green line (if grass) in the middle of a body looks realy awfull.
    An is there an easy way to fix it? For myself i have no idea of modding/changing textures like moving the textures in the dds. textures file. By the way why are some units nearly without a line and at others it is so clearly visible?. Thanks for an answer.
    Last edited by philip w.; February 08, 2009 at 02:12 PM.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: landscape shining through body

Quote Originally Posted by philip w. View Post
    In the center line of many units there is a small coloured line about one pixel wide, at most units this line is grey. I know this is because of the seam in texture wrapping. But why is at some units for example the light tarentum missle cavalry (epirus) or the cretan archers the landscape shining throug this line? :hmmm:
    A green line (if grass) in the middle of a body looks realy awfull.
    An is there an easy way to fix it? For myself i have no idea of modding/changing textures like moving the textures in the dds. textures file. By the way why are some units nearly without a line and at others it is so clearly visible?. Thanks for an answer.
    I honestly don't know. It probably is something in the texture file, but that's something I've never learned how to mess with.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.