Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DLV 6.1: Strategy Guide for New Players! (Updated 9/16/09)

Default Re: DLV 6.0: Strategy Guide for New Players! ( 6.1 updates!)

OK here is one suggestion to you guy's and beleive me I know what I'm talking about.

If you want to update your thread don't ask it to be stcikied as you won't be able to update it plus from my experience members don't look too much at stickies you should only bump it up in a legal way because you can't just bump a thread for the fun of it. Try to keep you thread in the first page and it will be better and get more traffic that way.

If you want a good example or you need help please contact me and please go see my Great Informative Guide for M2TW. The link is in my Signature
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; May 01, 2009 at 02:33 PM.
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Default Re: DLV 6.0: Strategy Guide for New Players! ( Chapter 7 Links!)

First, thanks for such hansome guide, second, a questiuon of economics:

Quote Originally Posted by Xtiaan72 View Post

The best and easiest way to accumulate the Government points you need is to get your treasury above 30,000 Florins. For every turn you are above 30,000 Florins you will recieve a Government Point. For every turn you are above 60,000, you will recieve Two Government points a turn.

A good strategy is to think of 30,000 Florins as "Zero" as far as your treasury is concerned during the early portion of the game. If you are below 30,000 Florins then you are basically in the red

how you come to be able to get that much in the early of the game?, Im playing Spain and i barely start with more than fl 7000, due you have to figth to earn 500 a turn, isw there another way? a loan, maybe, i tought loans only come when you're lower than 0 fl...

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Personally I don't use that method to gain gov points at all, probably because I love to spend money too much

Anyway I tend to rely on diplomacy and governer career success, I usually max out gov points quite quickly. The governers are the important one for me though, diplomacy is just to get my first 10 or so points.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I normally just build alot of buildings --> general key, coin, etc. --> gov. points.

6 citis --> 6 merchants --> 30 000 fl. profit ą turn

Spain --> make Portugal or moors my vassal --> 25 000 fl. profit ą turn
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; May 17, 2009 at 08:42 AM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Treasury is a good method to get them if you have patience... Unfortunately that script is not working properly for 6.1 so I've been forced to resort to other methods. Aggressive diplomacy with multiple diplomats.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

OMG! I could never imagine a more complicated TW game than EB! But this far exceeds! Great stuff.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Allways nice to hear some thing nice about the (addicted) family
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.

This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Well, without these guides I would perish in the first 5 turns! +rep to anyone!

hahaha always!

Default Re: DLV 6.0: Strategy Guide for New Players! ( NEW SGFNP NEWS SECTION!)

UPDATE!

The "Getting Started' Section now includes an SGFNP NEWS SECTION.

Default Re: DLV 6.1: Strategy Guide for New Players! (DLV JOURNAL EDITION!)

6/11/09

UPDATE:

1. New Section! 1.7 'Save Game Recommendations'

2. Must Read updates to the Tweaks and Preferences sections of 'Getting Started'.

6/11/09

UPDATE:

New Section! 1.72: How to restore long speeches to DLV!

6/13/09

UPDATE:

Updated Section! 5.21: An Example of a 'Stagnated' Large Town

Above is an example of a stagnated 'Large Town', The settlements that produce the most income in DLV. It's growth rate can be controlled with it's tax rate. It's agriculture level is Second Tier ( Communal Farmland), that should never be upgraded. These cities should not advance to 'Stone Walls' because the additional 'Settlement' costs will actually reduce it's 'net income' (even if it says that the city says it is making more money than it did as a 'Large Town' on the Campaign Screen).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.71 NEW! DLV Save Game Recommendations: After tons of play and experimentation Blackleaf Wille and I have discovered a full proof way to make sure you always have a recent uncorrupted save for your campaign. This is an issue that comes up over and over again on the boards and the problem can be easily resolved.... Also this is not a DLV specific issue, it's a problem present in 'Vanilla' as well. Corrupt saves just occur more often playing DLV because the mod is so huge and there are so many scripts.

1. Turn the 'Auto Save' Feature off in your medieval2.preference file.
    2. Get in the habit of saving after every turn.
    3. Label your saves Faction/Year in Game/Season (
    Example; Scotland1232Summer)
    4. Some players are experiencing CTDs after multi-stack battles when they click around on the campaign map. So, save your games immediately following one of these battles.
    5. That's it... You will always have a recent uncorrupted save (in fact, you will very rarely have a save that CTDs that is repeatable if you follow these directions.)
    6. If you are following these directions and getting corrupted saves anyway, you need to reinstall DLV...
    How did you come to the conclusion in 3. and 4. ?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Although 3 seems a matter of choice, 4 really does seem like a good idea. If you're facing occasional CTDs, you really don't want to lose your progress if you've just fought an hour and a half epic.

3 is just common sense when you are saving so much ( so you can keep track.... You can go back and delete ones you don't need).... They do tend to pile up... Also sometimes I'll add a save right before a cool battle so I can keep track of which is which if I'm posting it for Taiji!

4 does work I haven't had a single corrupt save since I turned off auto-save and save after each turn!

Leonnidas's Avatar Semisalis

I always save before hitting the end turn but I let autosave run, I'll turn it off now, I had some CTD's didn't imagine it was doe to autosave.
    Tks guys

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast