Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DLV 6.1: Strategy Guide for New Players! (Updated 9/16/09)

Default Re: DLV 6.0: Strategy Guide for New Players! (Improved, Revised and Condensed!)

Xtiaan72

Thank you very much!!! This Guide very good! It has helped me.

Default Re: DLV 6.0: Strategy Guide for New Players! (Improved, Revised and Condensed!)

Nice lego dude... + Rep

Did changing the medieval preference work for you?

Yes it sure did, still getting the CTD's tho. However thats not for this thread :p
    The sound stuff i just clicked the batch file, adapt english sounds then it worked again.
    Does there exist a unit tech tree somewhere?, i cant seem to build tier 1 knights at my castle, i have the stables i need and such and the right % of christianity in the region.
    Last edited by Verminaard; February 09, 2009 at 07:38 PM.

Nice, I will update the guide. TNX

If you are playing 6.0 beta 1 or 2 you are going to need a Knight "barronet" to make those troops...If you move your King to the castle he can make any cavalry type troop...Check the beta thread for the details on how to recruit cavalry in the betas and what "rank" of general you need to recruit them.

I shall wait the information on revolution. As in DLV 5.8 revolution went infinitely. The turn behind a turn destroyed the same rebels armies, but they appeared again constantly. And so during 4 turn. And, the quantity and an arm of the service remained former. How here?

I'm having trouble following you here...

indeed, we haven't covered that in the guide yet. You are having trouble with rebels I take it?

The first thing you need to do is check if your leader has the 'offends the nobility trait? Also are all the happy faces in your towns green?.. Even a yellow has a chance of spawning a stack...Finally make sure your treasury is never ( even one gold piece) in the negative.

If you have the 'offends the nobility' or 'Inspires civil war' trait there are several things you can do but first we need to figure out what you did to piss your people off so much!

My treasure was ~(+70000fl). All the happy faces was in green. Hence it has occured only because of 'offends the nobility' or 'Inspires civil war'. But what exactly then was the reason I do not remember. That it is necessary to do, if revolution has already occured.. How to extinguish revolt, in fact, to recruit armies during this moment it is impossible or I am mistaken?

Either you took too many turns to crown the King or he has low authority so the nobles just don't like him...If you have low standing with the pope, that can cause it too.

To get rid of that trait put your unfaithful characters with your king and win some battles with him..

If the rebel characters are really bad throw them in the dungeon or pay them off...

You need to do this one character at a time...with your king and the rebel in the capitol with a dungeon...You should get a pop up. decide whether to lock em up or pay them off. You have plenty of money so that is the best option. Hopefully it's not too late... The stacks will keep coming until your king wins some stature 'or lose the trait'..Sometimes it's hopeless...

Sometimes arranging an "accident" for your bad king is the best answer especially if the heir would make a better king.

If you don't get a pop-up for dungeon/reconsile follow the instructions in the thread beloq. The pop-up can be a little quirky.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...91#post4413791

Hope that helps I can use our discussion to help write a 'Rebellion' section

Xtiaan72

Many thanks for advice! I Shall try to not strike the face in a dirt! But, as they say, "Deus lo Vult"!!

Updated the Preferences section of Getting Started.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nice Sig you got Xtiaan, DLVeloper 'nd all. Looks like Merchent thread are coming together, only a few more regions to left cover...
    Btw: You could stick each link into the text in your mini-mod section.
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; February 11, 2009 at 09:04 AM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Chuffed for sure Dvloper....big stretch. But glad the strat guide is appreciated

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

X,
    have you thought of putting each older topic in spoilers and the new(er) parts open for all to see right away? Then imo people could more easily browse to what they are looking for.

Cheers on the DLVoper
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Oh, I see what you mean......Your saying the guide would be in spoilers except the updates which I could label "new" with asteriks or something!

That's a really good idea especially when the guide is caught up, people could see what I updated lately...Nice idea!

I'll put that on my list of future improvements.... I need a new intro with a nifty piece of tokus artwork too...And a table of contents with annotations.

Then I can put the new bits with the annotated number next to it.

There is still so much raw info that needs to be written up... It's daunting.

I get where you are coming from. It's getting pretty big, it's starting to really need that stuff..Perhaps I should spend the weekend sprucing it up before I move on.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

I think I should mention this here as I know this can be a big issue for new players. Check in the minimods section for Battlefield Ballance, my latest version fixes cav-spread. End of Broadcast.

I will update that today....Thanks Taiji....That cleans up the guide alot!

i think you should add the "also fixes cav spread" to taijis
    and "if bb is installed, this is not needed" at the cav spread fixes minimods

//cya in 10 days!
    Last edited by ivanhoex; February 13, 2009 at 03:44 PM.

hotcobbler's Avatar Tiro

My king started to offend the nobility quickly, but all of them are now reconciled since he's been crowned. I was wondering if he'll ever get rid of the "Offends the Nobility" attribute now that he has significantly more authority and is at the seat of power?

True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance. --- Pharaoh Akhenaten,
    mid 12th century.

Fight lots of battles with him..Usually that works...If not, he is a bad apple......You know what to do with those!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast