Thread: Errorless ctd

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Default Errorless ctd

I'm playing as the Danes, and I besiege the settlement of Lundenwic, which is under the control of the West Saxons. Their army decides to Sallie out. My Vikings make short work of them, but when I chose the enslave option, I CTD. I fought the battle again and choose the Exterminate option with the same results.

BTW I've had no other problems up until this point and I used the EXE version when installing.
    Last edited by Finn; February 07, 2009 at 10:22 AM.

Default Re: Errorless ctd

I believe this is the standard-issue vanilla settlement occupation CTD, not much we can do... Will have a look at it nonetheless, thanks for the savegame.

Settlement occupation CTD? I'm not familiar with this RTW bug. I don't believe I've ever com across it before. Anyway if I can get around the CTD by auto resolving or some other means, then no biggie.

Well it's called settlement-exterminate CTD or sth usually, but it can kick in after a siege/assault when you take the settlement and select any of the 3 options. Let me know if you can get around it by autoresolving.

By loading the autosave instead of selecting "continue campaign", I was able to lift the siege and move my army away. I'll stay away from Lundenwic for awhile. I'm sure I'll eventually end up besieging that settlement again, and if anything unusual happens I'll let you know.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

It's nothing to do with Lundenwic. It's exact cause is not known but it happens in all mods and vanilla. It's doubtful you'll come across it very often.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men