I thought I'd start this to point out some of the errors that even well-made mods can suffer from. This is not a thread for well-known errors, but rather for recently-discovered or little-known ones that can trip up the best of modders. Often these little gems are spread about the modding forums and hard to find, so I thought I would start this here.
* Port Upgrade CTD. Caused when a port is upgraded and a ship is being built at the same time where that ship has an XP upgrade. This is not true of land units trained from ports
* Cloned-Character CTD. Occurs later on in a campaign when a named character in DS was unassigned to the faction's family (i.e. they should all show up in your family scroll in-campaign). However, see DVK's posts below (#19 and #22) (in this, not the linked, thread) for an apparent workaround for this problem by using the sub_faction element.
* Radar Map Overspill. Leave the 2 radar maps in your campaign folder the same dimensions as vanilla. Do not resize them for what you think suits your map, they are automatically adjusted by the game to fit. Failure to this will see the names of regions or the sea overspilling into your unit panel.
* Morale Bonus Broken. The recruits_morale_bonus building capability effect in EDB has been shown to have no effect (though it may possibly affect the decisions the AI makes in construction priority).
LINK: None Known
* Units Using Building Conditionals in EDB. These will, as known, cause a CTD when using the right-click feature to bring up the unit info scroll from the building info scroll. However, even when this is avoided through use of the hidden building (or a building with an oversized constructed image that effectively blocks the player from using the right-click feature) a CTD can still be triggered depending on the number of active recruitment lines in any city and the presence of other building capabilities.
* Carthaginian KTM. The Carthaginian Kick-To-Menu occurs when a mod employs that culture and adds new buildings or new levels of building and fails to make the necessary change in the DUB file.
Please add your suggestions for additions to this list below (with links). Thank you.