Thread: Installing Probs

Default Installing Probs

Hi,Im trying to install this mod, it looks sweet by the way, nice work. Um im trying to install it and the same stuff is happening as with other people in the past however I try the ways advised to fix it and they arernt working.

Ive just reinstalled RTW and got it up to 1.5 and have downloaded ROP2.2, when it installs it just says skipped next to everything, nothing changes in the RTW folder and the shortcut is put on the desktop, which juts takes me to the original RTW.

Im real keen to play this mod so if anyone can help itd be much appreciated.

Default Re: Installing Probs

Ive now installed it properly, dont know why it wuldnt work before. But now when I try to play it, (Icon on the desktop) it comesup with the error 'could not find aerial map settlem net eastern level 1'.

I though the patch for the mod might fix it but it says that it came find ROP 2.2 and needs to be installed ontop of it or something. Thanks in advance for your help

Do not worry, have sorted it out myself, just kept reinstalling everything until it worked!!!
    Looks good so far, nice work!!

Cool, glad you managed to get it working already Have fun playing ROP!
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Hey ive been having problems with installing ROP. When i install it it says skipped to all the files and the icon on the desktop runs as the vanilla rome total war. Just wanted to know if their was a way to fix this problem?

Yes, you're probably using MS Vista.
    You should right-click on the ROP installer exe and select 'Run as administrator' from the drop-down menu. Then it won't skip the files and the mod will be installed correctly. Have fun!
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Laetus

i really want help over here.i have install RTW "unmod" on my computer i put the patches 1.3-1.5.i have install the ROP 2.2 full (as admin) in the right directory the same i have done for the patch 2.2 you know (as admin)i have the icon of ROP on my desktop and when i press it to start it becomes black like is starting but then it jumps back again in my desktop like nothing happend.i have win7.any idea.