Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Progress

Default Progress

How is the progress on this mod? About when are you expecting a release?

Default Re: Progress

Probably tomorrow.
    Stupid is as stupid does...

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

You will see in the next preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
    Probably tomorrow.
    Didn't you know? The mod's already been released! Version 99.8 baby!

...In all seriousness, though. Probably a long way's off, too far for any date to be reasonably set for release. Too many things can come up with modding.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Still can't believe people are already asking for release dates, we've justed started.

Now I might be a bit biased working on RNJ as well which hasn't release for about 3,5 years.
    But still, damn you are fast in asking...

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

I don't blame people who ask for releases, really. I have the same inclination as a casual observer, but such is the way of things. One thing I can say with an almost certainty is that we probably won't see a release until the 2010 calendar year. At least not the full mod, though other things might pop up before that, it all depends on our path to the end product if those other things are feasible.

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

wow,2010,I didn't know mods took that long

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander of Jordan View Post
    wow,2010,I didn't know mods took that long
    Most people don't seem to, which is why most mods die. Mod creators think it will be a done deal lickity split, and then they hit a wall and give up, so the mod dies. Mods take different shapes, some smaller mods which I can appreciate will take a much smaller timeframe. Take AlphaDelta's For King or Country, which he finished in under 3 months from start to finish, give or take. Other mods like Europa Barbarorum have taken 5 years or more to get to the completed state we see now. As for how long it will take us, that will depend on a variety of factors, but we will pursue courses of development which lend way to previews and forms of release as best we are able without staunching developer enthusiasm.

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Yeah, I once tried to develop a mod with my brother in R:TW and my friends- I worked 1 hour every day on it- and so did my friends kept faith on the progress- turned out out few thousand fans just disappeared, and we had to call out the mod. It was sometime during 2006, before I joined the forums.

Our mod was a recreation of the 100 years war. We made a lot of progress though- I still have my old files

My point is- mod making is not such a easy thing to do

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

you know I mean don`t get mad at the plebians cause they are dying for a release! if you don`t like people asking you had no business getting this forum should have just released it on the hush hush, discrete but this mod will rock! and you drew the eyes of twc now deal with it!
    good luck though I can`t wait it is gonna be great!

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by druvatar View Post
    you know I mean don`t get mad at the plebians cause they are dying for a release! if you don`t like people asking you had no business getting this forum should have just released it on the hush hush, discrete but this mod will rock! and you drew the eyes of twc now deal with it!
    good luck though I can`t wait it is gonna be great!
    Who's getting mad?

I don't care if people ask about release, they can ask whatever questions they want and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. With release, the best of my ability is pretty vague, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

lo! good luck! suggestion though you should implement very rare and espensive missions were you send a whole unit of shinobi or ninjas to wype out a whole factions family and like in the mod I am working on kigdoms of affluence total war develops a new family tree from within its own faction but now it is your vassal? just an idea?

You should have a progress topic which you would update regularly. It will be easier for us to wait if we see that progress is being made!

Support your mods ^ | Vacuus Lux Lucis 2d artist | my workshop

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

^I would second that one

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie_ View Post
    You should have a progress topic which you would update regularly. It will be easier for us to wait if we see that progress is being made!
    I've never been a fan of progress topics, probably because unless you have most every facet of the big picture in place and are just filling in the blanks, it is hard to gauge, and you realize you've created more work for yourself and 20% is really 15% or whatever it is. We will have one, but only after we have an idea of everything that is going into the mod on paper so we can actually reasonably calculate how much of it is done, since we know what it is. We're still in the collaborative stages of development right now, there isn't a super long list that if I had 500 hrs I could just complete, the development is progressing intuitively.

Ok cool, I just thought I'd suggested it

Support your mods ^ | Vacuus Lux Lucis 2d artist | my workshop

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

When was the making of Broken Crescent started and when was the first version released?
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    When was the making of Broken Crescent started and when was the first version released?
    Don't know, you should probably ask in the BC forums, doesn't have much bearing on our mod.

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Still, I give full support

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

George Maniaces's Avatar Tiro

It'll be released when it is finished, and it will be fantastic. Keep up the good work, modders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast