Thread: New eventpics and loading screens (minimod)

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Icon12 New eventpics and loading screens (minimod)

Hello everyone
    When I had started playing End Of Days II, I was upset with its event pictures for all factions. All of them were made with "copy-paste" method, of just one boring picture. And that was in so atmospheric mod! Huh... So, I've begun to collect various artworks and pictures from the internet, to improve ones in EOD 2. My purpose was to add little bit "atmospheric" features, so... criticism will be welcome, but don't be too cruel
    Here I present you my mini-mod with fully reworked eventpictures for Rahala faction (I'll add other faction packs later, when I finish them).

The other part of minimod is a pack with reworked loading screens and background picture for game menu. And... a small bonus, You'll see Hope it will not offend Halie and makanyane

Examples:

History:
    06 February - Initial "release"
    11 February - small update. Simply overwrite some old files.
    Last edited by Lanjane; February 11, 2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Updated screenshots&Attachments
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: New eventpics and loading screens (minimod)

Lookin Good!
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Indefinitely Banned

nice work dude now you have a ring keep it up

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Prince Nuada
    Thanks) I think the next faction for eventpics pack will be severins, because a lot of players prefer them. Rahala was always my favourite.
    Last edited by Lanjane; February 05, 2009 at 11:35 PM.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Indefinitely Banned

im a severin to hehe

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Prince Nuada
    By the way, maybe some pictures with prince Nuada will be suitable for severins? Something like your signature picture)
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

only had a chance to have a quick look in files so far, I like the atmospheric city / landscape scenes

will load it properly later....

(I'm not offended... but I'm not the 2D artist )

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

I've added a small update to first post, containing 5 new loading screens, new pics for daughter\wife\son for family tree (Rahala), and minor improvements of rahala eventpics. It isn't necessary to redownload old archives (I haven't updated them), simply download an update archive separately and combine with previous files, overwriting if it would ask.

Screenshots:
    Initial loading screen (loading_screen_9.tga, changed from the previous version) and family tree with new pics:
    Last edited by Lanjane; February 10, 2009 at 06:36 PM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Cool.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

something new for lycans please
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Indefinitely Banned

nice work there LJ

I like the red one.