Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Map Screen Shot?

Default Re: Campaign Map Screen Shot?

Thanks MiiKLL, you have picked some good screens there; the forts, Antioch doing well after emerging and the meso port with a cog in harbour. It's nice to see!

Turn 100 and I now control two continents (yay). I may have forced the Aztecs into Cuba by gifting it to them--don't ask me why!

The Apache have been driving me completely INSANE. I defeated them quite a while ago but trying to kill all of their family members is a pain. I have noticed the Apache have all come together, creating one large mass of differing strength armies. Makes it easier to find family members, but harder to kill them.

The Mongols were wiped out a few turns back and the Pope recently called a Crusade against Lithuania, leading to their demise. Besides that, no other factions have been wiped out. Currently Morroco/Egypt are contending for most advanced faction. You can also see that England is slowly being defeated (having once controlled a large portion of Europe). I have taken the rebel island city of Palma from which I will launch an attack on some unsuspecting Empire.

And my Newfoundland is also surrounded by six full flag armies, too.

Nice empire! The Timurids will appear on turn 105 I think.

Turn 128 and the HRE has really taken a hold of Europe. I'm actually several turns ahead and HRE has taken another two provinces. You'll also notice I've started my invasion of the Old World--I'm taking both Ireland (easily defensible) and Africa.

However, those pictures were taken to also ask a question. Why does it seem that the AI will automatically generate masses of armies on any island with only one city? In my game, Crete, the Iceland city, and the Greenland city are the only ones who have not done this.

I think a night fighter will be helpful for those places.

Quote Originally Posted by LionheartDamacy View Post
    However, those pictures were taken to also ask a question. Why does it seem that the AI will automatically generate masses of armies on any island with only one city? In my game, Crete, the Iceland city, and the Greenland city are the only ones who have not done this.
    I can't really say for sure, it probably has something to do with prefering naval invasions in descr_sm_faction. But a lot of what the AI gets up to is a bit of a mystery to me.

Icon10 Re: Campaign Map Screen Shot?

well we could look at this in my way, the AI knows the timurds shall destroy em so theyre making their last stand on islands

Is there a way to lift the black screen that covers the map in order to take a screen shot? I would like to post a pic of my current campaign, but a lot of the Americas is covered in darkness on the mini-map. Also - how do you "blow up" the mini map so it is a large picture. Do you take a screen shot and use Photoshop to edit?

Check the campaign script in the bottom of the world folder. There is a line ;disable_fow, or similar, at the start of the script. Remove the ; to make the line work, not sure if it will work mid-game though. As for the mimi map, just use photoshop or gimp to scale the section up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eothese View Post
    Check the campaign script in the bottom of the world folder. There is a line ;disable_fow, or similar, at the start of the script. Remove the ; to make the line work, not sure if it will work mid-game though. As for the mimi map, just use photoshop or gimp to scale the section up.
    Eothese - haven't tried doing this yet as I'm currently in the middle of a campaign. Do you know if this removes the black box on top of the Americas, or does it just remove the fog of war (so you can see the colored nations boundaries on the world map)?

What I'm really trying to do is remove the black box over the Americas.

Thanks!

You can enter the same command in game, via the console ` or @ to enter the console. Then type in disable_fow, it lets you see the whole map.

Quote Originally Posted by Eothese View Post
    You can enter the same command in game, via the console ` or @ to enter the console. Then type in disable_fow, it lets you see the whole map.
    I'm ignorant - you just type "@" while playing the game and then type "disable_fow"?

(I realize I can just try this out when I play next, but I'm not able to do so at the moment.)

Thanks for the help!

Pretty much but I gave you duff info. Via the console, which you activate and close with the @ key, the command is toggle_fow.

Cool. Thanks, man. I appreciate how you're always keeping tabs on these forums and are quick to help!
    Aztecs invading France? The Pope himself charging into battle? Challenging AI that brings the pain? Check out the Expanded Americas mod.

The shore of northamerica is not that great yet, why don't you add Nova Scotia? =)

Screenshot of my current campaign playing as the Papal States. One thing I love about this mod is the sense of a large world, and the back and forth between the ocean. Check out the New World... England has Florida, Castille has Cuba, and France has half of Haiti.
    Aztecs invading France? The Pope himself charging into battle? Challenging AI that brings the pain? Check out the Expanded Americas mod.

Glad you've still kept going. I see that Venice has expanded in the east as well. Denmark looks to be going strong in the north, whilst KoJ and PoA look like they're hording in Egypt and Turkey respectivly.

Wish I had found out how to remove the fog of war for my other games, so I could have posted some shots from those as well. But, yeah, this mod is really fun! Playing on hard/hard right now because I was getting steamrolled *most* of the time in very hard/very hard. And the game is still pretty challenging! You definitely can't just blitz blindly.

how can do I take pictures of the campaign?

Use the printscreen button on your keyboard. They are located in the tgas folder in your main M2 folder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast