Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Map Screen Shot?

Default Turn 30 Campaign map screen shot?

I'd like to know how your campaigns are progressing. If you can take a screen shot (print screen) of you campaign map and post it here, I can build up a picture of how things develop. You will need a program like Photoshop or Gimp to covert the .tga to a .jpeg. You can use ImageShack to upload you screen shots.
    Thanks and looking forward to seeing some of your screenies soon!
    Eothese
    Last edited by Eothese; February 05, 2009 at 03:31 PM.

MoToM's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Turn 30 Campaign map screen shot?

I just keep forgetting to take screen shots.
    My favourite campaign so far was with Spain, expansion going fine until around turn 28 when an IRISH army landed to the north, marched directly to Toledo, sieged and took it whilst at the same time my King and his second son were assasinated leaving the eldest son to rule alone for nearly 16 years until his son came of age.
    Real fingernails stuff, I had to abandon a crusade to retake Toledo, allowing the Moors time to regroup.
    Love it.

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Turn 30 Campaign map screen shot?

does it have to be turn 30

No, you can post any turn you like.
    Last edited by Eothese; February 05, 2009 at 03:31 PM.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Campaign Map Screen Shot?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    heres one of me kicking ass as England
    Last edited by Jaketh; February 12, 2009 at 09:24 PM.

♔The Lizard King♔'s Avatar Citizen

Nice Jake, but do you think you can get the image any bigger? Its sort of hard to see.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

alls u need to know is that France is getting raped by me, the HRE, portugal and Milan

♔The Lizard King♔'s Avatar Citizen

Lol, of course. Do you have any land in the America's?

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

not yet

Here's my first campaign with this mod:

Edit: better quality:
    Last edited by BubbleBoy; May 26, 2009 at 07:35 AM.

Here's my Irish campaign again, it's going really well. Ballina is now a citadel and is building the last or sencond last building that it can, and Edinburgh has a huge population, 40000 or something. I think I forgot to explain the campaign in my the previous post so I'll go from the start. I began by getting Scotland as a vassal, which meant that I got some of their money script (so I have a lot of money). Then I looked around the map (can't resist toggle_fow, especially as I want to see the AI in this mod) and found arguin in africa, so I sent an army there and took it.

Now the bit I can remember better. The Aztecs declared war in the Incas and I quickly saw that the Incas would win. I had a long time of peace, gaining lots of money and going on crusade to Iconium. And when the army got to Iconium, Sicily had taken it, so the army went all the way back to arguin. So thats basically all I did in the long time of peace except for building lots of buildings. By now Sicily and Venice had taken all of the byzantine empire and venice were going into the turks. Also I was thinking of taking Timbuktu. Oh and have tonnes of merchants and priests at timbuktu. Later Spain got the moors off iberia, I found an Aztec diplomat next to marrakesh, and Portugal had beaten france. So I launched the attack on the moors and allied with spain, which resulted in, well, you can see from the picture. The vassal thing with the moors has switched from vassal to war about 4 times now and when I can I will probably destroy or horde them. While this was happening, I sent an army to the american Island which I control and took them. The pope then went on rampage becuase they don't like the Italian factions anymore(I've never seen the pope even declare war or get attacked by anyone before). The incas have finished the aztecs, portugals getting beaten a little and turkey is getting stronger. And now I get to see the timurids for the first time ever! Yay! I really wanted to see how strong they were so I decided to call a crusade on them and see what happened.

So at the moment, I'm dominating the sea, newfoundland has a huge army guarding it, but I could take it with a night attack () and somehow poland is huge but I haven't noticed because they've been so slow at it and I can't see their colour on the timeline. And Scotland has been my vassal for 112 turns but have a bigger army than me (they have about 8 full stacks doing nothing).

Just pressed the preview post button, I think I wrote too much.

EDIT: Also kievan rus have vassaled the mongols so the mongols might need strengthening a bit more.
    EDIT2: Forgot to mention a really annoying part of the campaign, some time in the story I had tonnes of priests in algiers, then there was a flood there and they all died. And another one happened, I had about 14 merchants in timbuktu getting about 25000 florins every turn, and an earthquake appeared, only 4 survived
    EDIT3: I also have every seat in the collage of cardinals
    Last edited by BubbleBoy; June 29, 2009 at 01:21 PM.

Impressive stuff, and you can never write too much information here! The floods seem to be a common thing, for timbuktu at least. As the 'human' factor in the game, your faction has the most influence on how the AI factions around you progress, so I won't be making any AI based changes unless something significant becomes repeatedly apparant.

Thanks for the feed back, please keep it comming.

Jynx's Avatar Decanus

I'm going to get this mod soon and see how long it takes me to pwn the world with Milan (i.e. total blitz)

And bascally,this is a 'post your empires' thread

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blitzing is hard in this mod, I'm on turn 24 and the moors are defending against me with 5 full stacks. This is me on turn 24:

But I've seen tat you forgot to edit water_surface.tga, This is a part of the atlantic ocean

Can you see north africa, italy, cagliari and corsica?

I think I should revert to my normal slow tactic
    Last edited by Jynx; July 05, 2009 at 12:35 PM.
    80 years is simply not enough to enjoy all of the fun in the world, and out of it...

I thought there was something about them brighter lines when i looked at it.

Naw thats the vanilla map, as you can see its in an area that I didn't add. And I'm glad people are finding this mod a bit challenging, after all thats what make the game fun to play.

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Been away for a while and come back and see 3.0!!! Why am I not surprised! Congratulations on the book deal -may you become the next Heinlein or Cornwall!

Am starting a new campaign with 3,0, so no screenshots, and also just got ETW, so a lot of catching up to do.

Whenever you think my signature needs changing, just let me know, I still like having it to tell people about your mod, which quite frankly, should be as well know as the Stainless Steel one!!!! In fact, I thinkl it's BETTER than SS!!!!
    Search THEN ask on these forums!!!

.... and check out the Expanded America's mod at :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185565

Quote Originally Posted by uk_john View Post
    should be as well know as the Stainless Steel one!!!!
    I think that too, this mod might be better actually, really not sure which mod is better(which means this is an amazing mod).

Thank you both for your praise.

#uk_john, its good to see you back . Your link is still pointing to the first release, if you want to change it to the version 3.0 page, I would be most obliged. My next project will be Akthross Total War, as I just can't help modding...

Haha, first time posting. I couldn't resist; you guys made such a great mod you convinced me to sign up! This was just the type of mod I wanted. Here I am, about 30 turns into the game playing as the Incas. I let the Aztecs think they were my friends while I conquered SA and built up an army of Temple Guards.

After taking NA and the islands, I'll be sending off quite a large army and hopefully take Africa. Europe is going to be a very hard struggle for the Incas!

Last edited by LionheartDamacy; July 15, 2009 at 10:35 PM.

MiiKLL's Avatar Semisalis

Hello All...

Here are some sceenshots of a test campaign I am running to try out some personal changes[XAI]. I am Ireland...(yes I gave them a ton of cash, didn't want them to run out as I am away from the hotseat game as it runs...). Turn 41 and you can see that the New World Invasion has begun in earnest. Also as the rebals get down to their final settlements they really build up forces. Also note the nice use of the forts by England and France.

Eothese....thank you for the hard work you put into this fine mod. This mod is proving to be great fun and is very stable....no CTDs.
    Last edited by MiiKLL; May 07, 2010 at 11:33 AM.

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast