Thread: 2008 Modding Award Winner!

Default 2008 Modding Award Winner!

For King or Country has won the
    Favourite non-Medieval Timeframe Mod Award for 2008.

Congratulations!!
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Default Re: 2008 Modding Award Winner!

Congratulations AlphaDelta!

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone that voted and double thanks to people still playing FKoC.

Cheer
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

tobi_808's Avatar Civis

Oh I just started 3 days ago, and i am very surprised, what you have done !

And seriously, i never expected, that the gamplay will work, only with cavallery, pikeman and musketeers ...

But it does and also listen to the music (even if the most titles sound like 18th., but that is nice too ) is a quite a joy, because it really gives you the right mood for Empire.

But it also works for it selfs - because of the historically accuracy (authenticy whatever ..) - nice Atmosphere and nice AI ...

But 1 question: i'm in round 5 or 6 and i have ripped up 2 or 3 Royalists Armies, but now it seems to get extremely hard to make any move further, cause i am f__cking poor !
    I never had such experience in any mod, that my finyncial founds aren't enough to pay enough sold for my small!!! army !
    - Even if i lost quite view men in a battle - if i recruit 1 or 2 units, i am again at the point were it meens: "+/- 0,00$"
    And i even have no chance for researching or building anything -
    even if i conquer 3 or 4 cities (I did so) nothing really happens with your financial household - "I see no end of that tunnel"
    (similar to the real financial crisis )

= a bug ?

Is that right / a generally case in fKoC ???

and is that normal, that the Royalists cheating mony, every round abaout 12000 (from round 4 to 5 they even cheated 60.000 !!!!!)
    I can not believe that this is planned or scripted ...

And Thanks for that Mod !!!

Tobi,

Thanks for the compliments. It's always nice to see people enjoying FKoC.

Regarding money/difficulty; Forget the 'easy', 'medium', 'hard' options. The true difficulty control is money. The less money you have, the more difficult it is to techup, expand and defend yourself. The more money the AI has, the greater the pressure on the player.

With only one enemy faction to put pressure on you, I knew straight away that things would have to be different to vanilla to prevent the player simply steamrolling through the AI. Therefore I made cash tight for the player, and scripted large sums of money to the AI. Without this free money the AI would rarely field decent quality armies.

To improve your financial situation you should attack early. Take important cities. Coastal cities will give you decent financial bonuses, as will cities that have mines or large populations. If you take the enemies capital city you will hurt him badly.

If you still find it too difficult then you can reduce the cash scripts awarded to the AI.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Marcus Bestia's Avatar Civis

congratulations for AlphaDelta and all FKoC modders!
    i started with this mod 2 weeks ago and i must say it's great to play it, totally different experience in comparison with Rome or Medieval2. In the begining, i was afraid of too few unit types in mod. Now i'm enjoying every battle and watching close-up views of musketeers fire.
    Yes, money is main issue of this mod, i think it's realistic. Money is main isue for every war.
    I play on H/H, it's september 1643, i took 5 parlamentarian regions and lost 1, killed many parlamentarian generals (most prominent was Oliver Cromwell - executed after battle), lost 6000 men while parlament lost nearly 30000 soldiers.
    For King!

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

yay ^-^

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

there you are ad!!told you that you were very nearly famous.well done,you deserve it.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Excellent work,and it is pleasing to see that there are so many here abouts TW Center that have the excellent taste to recognise a masterpiece for what it is,congratulations.

congrats well deserved

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

Well done mate you deserve it.

Well I found this mod a few weeks ago after seeing the write up in PC Zone and have joined this forum just to post this note of thanks.

What can I say, fantastic work.

I love the subtle graphics (refreshingly lacking bumb-mapped excesses), you've got pikes to actually work, there aren't a million made-up different unit types, the period atmosphere is superb......

The only issues are down to the developers e.g. the musket bug (Kingdoms doesn't fix it, I've tried with both versions) and the strategy side could be much improved if armies were restricted to roads on the big map.

In fact, it's better than Kingdoms and I would have been happy to have paid for this as an expansion. In fact, if you get a donate button up and running I will seriously pay for it.

Der Angelsachse's Avatar Tiro

Well deserved AD!

You have done a bang up job.

Wildfowler's Avatar Civis

I have been playing this mod for sometime.

A well deserved award.

Having studied English 17th century history I can vouch for the accuracy and attention to detail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I would rather have a russet coated Captain who knows what he fights for and loves what he knows. Than him who you call a Gentleman and is but little else

Oliver Cromwell

This mod is still very interesting to play with,so many battles to fight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPe3RkzDc7Y