Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Fallout 3 moments

OccamR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Best Fallout 3 moments

I'm a little bummed out by all the negative Fallout 3 threads, so I wanted to make this, since I didn't see any similar threads in the search:

What was your favorite Fallout 3 moment?
    Anything from a big plot twist (use spoilers if necessary) to something tiny that made you go 'aww' or 'holy !'(I suspect there may be more of these).

Mine was when, at level 11, after finding Dogmeat, I traveled to Big Town, and, after leaving and exploring for under minutes,when I turned a corner and saw a hulking brute not 15 yards away from me! I literally jumped in terror and after a couple seconds I zoomed in with VATS, and I noticed it was called a 'Deathclaw'. It had no doubt seen me, and I had no idea what to do. I exited VATS and used my pipboy to take out my shotgun. I knew I had to run, but I was 5 minutes away from Big Town and I doubted I had the time. So instead of trying to kill it, I turned tail and ran. Dogmeat, however, had a different plan in mind. He immediately attacked the monster and bought a few precious seconds for his master to escape. I did, and though it almost caught me, Big Town was able to defend itself (and me) from it with it's big robots.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Best Fallout 3 moments

When I let the zombies into Tenpenny of course. After I got got one of the four slaves Paradise Falls wanted.

And of course when I purchased Clover. Always wanted a slave.

After that was the whole Liberty Prime sequence.

And finally, uninstalling the game.

Let me guess, you were playing a 'evil' character?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I played a 'good' character and I played a 'kind of evil' character.

The kind of evil was much more fun. Although, I wish I could have whored that character out...

Fav moments?

-When playing an evil char i escaped the Vault, passing through the room their interrogating Amata in. The officer tried to get me, so blasted his head off. My insults didnt seem to work on the overseer, so i blasted his head off My guy seemed to like blasting heads off.

-My level 20 good guy is just roaming around the wastelands, somewhere south of Megaton when i come by an Enclave camp by highground (so im looking down on it) I get into sneak mode (for no reason for whats about to happen) and launched a mini nuke into it. Lots of little Enclave bits Obviously, being stubborn bastards, one of their heli's dropped some more in... so Fawkes took care of thm wilst i looted the nuked bodies.

english tyrant's Avatar Domesticus

Running into 3 super mutants with miniguns when I had no ammo left, it turned into a wild charge with the trusty police baton.... I died.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Finding Bryan Wilks a home... at Paradise Falls...

Bryan & Three Dog's reactions are priceless
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    Finding Bryan Wilks a home... at Paradise Falls...

Bryan & Three Dog's reactions are priceless
    Not if you kill Three Dog... lol

Odovacar's Avatar I am with Europe!

Leaving Vault 101 and behold the wasteland for the first time..the mood, the ruins, the distances, like another, real world.

I begun to head randomly through the centre. It was darkening. Close to the Potomac some dark giants went towards me..I tried to shoot them with my pistol, but they, the bulky figures were just comin'..so I ran away back to Springfield.

Frightening, alien experience in an unknown world.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB HORSEARCHER
    quis enim dubitat quin multis iam saeculis, ex quo vires illius ad Romanorum nomen accesserint, Italia quidem sit gentium domina gloriae vetustate sed Pannonia virtute

Sorry Armenia, for the rascals who lead us.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

1. The first moment when you enter Wasteland.

2. The whole Liberty Prime scene.

3. The opening scene of "Super Heroes" quest.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

A Yao Guai charged at me one time. I used my Chinese Assault Rifle on it, and blew the head off.

Its corpse flew over my head in slow-mo. It was glorious.

so id just uncovered deathclaws after visiting that town in the north east that is overrun by them. killed a few and decided my equipment wasnt good enough should i accidently have 2 coming after me (id only just got a gattling laser by watching a deathclaw tear apart a red-brotherhood patrol).
    im somewhere in the central area, just looking around at the great textures because i upgraded them with a mod so they were higher resolution and got some sky/sun/moon mod for prettyness.
    im watchin the sun rise at the foot of this hill, its glorius and glared, suddenly a shadow is cast over me from it (the sun) and just before i died i saw the deathclaw , that which had jumped from the centre of the sun blinding me , had in one slash cut off my head which i enjoyed watching in slowmo.

moral of the story= deathclaws are smarter than i thought.
    the 'red baron' from the worldwar sky battles used that tactic, attack from the suns direction to prevent enemy seeing you out right.

also watching that first friendly town get destroyed by its own nuke from the highrise tenpenny building and visiting it the next morning.
    quite very ambient and atmospheric indeed
    Last edited by Don in the North; February 07, 2009 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    A Yao Guai charged at me one time. I used my Chinese Assault Rifle on it, and blew the head off.

Its corpse flew over my head in slow-mo. It was glorious.
    I did that quite often, by shotgun though.

Well, personally, I like to use A3-21's Plasma Rifle on Yao Guai. Takes 'em out REAL quick, and this is needed, when you're playing on Very Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Well, personally, I like to use A3-21's Plasma Rifle on Yao Guai. Takes 'em out REAL quick, and this is needed, when you're playing on Very Hard.
    Mmm... I find Plasma Rifle is not good fighting fast-moving monsters...:hmmm:

Anyway, off topic but when our duel of DoW2 would come??

It comes when it comes. Uni's busy work right now, and besides, it has Killzone 2 and Empires to contend with. Don't worry about it man.

And yes, the plasma rifle is slow. However, A3-21's Plasma Rifle is just unbelievably good, because the damage it causes is incredibly high.

Yeah, I think the a3-21 plasma rifle is the best energy weapon in the game, maybe even best weapon due to rate of fire when compared to Lincoln's Repeater. But when facing Yao Guai or Deathclaws nothings gotten me out of more scrapes than the Dart Gun. Almost makes it too easy.

One time I was simply walkign around. My character has a Boba Fett vibe to him. He is neutral and only cares about money. He sides with who can pay him most. Anyway I was walking through the wasteland in my T1-5B armour and who comes? A group of Enclave troops. I waste em but my health is low and ammo is all but spent. So I begin to limp my way to Rivet City. I tried to FT but there were more enemies. Out of no where another Copter comes down and tons of more Enclave come out. I know at that moment I am going to die. But I decide to take them with me. I down all my stims and health helpers and take out my mini nuke. I run full speed at the bastards and nuke em at point blank range. It was glorius to see all those bits
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

DimondLight's Avatar Senator

Slaughtering all of Megaton and looting it before blowing it off the face of the Earth. Kinda felt bad afterwords, but I was rich.
    Proud American

uninstalling it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast