Thread: mizzencourses and crossjacks

Default mizzencourses and crossjacks

I may have registered an account here just for this post...

...but does anyone else see a MAJOR problem with the fact that every ship-rigged vessel in every E:TW screenshot is flying a square sail from the crossjack yard?

upsettingshorts's Avatar Senator

Default Re: mizzencourses and crossjacks

Totally. In fact, I won't be playing the game 'till this greivous error has been corrected. I am also not convinced by their arguments that the screenshots are from "old builds" and doubtful that their comments about personally adapting ship drawings and information obtained directly from the British Admiralty are genuine.

Basically, I think Creative Assembly is full of not only morons, but coders bent on maliciously removing key historical details like this from as many things as possible.

I hope that if we turn banners for land battles off, we wont loose Flags on ships.
    Also i hope the flags got smaller/different shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by tdpatriots12 View Post
    Totally. In fact, I won't be playing the game 'till this greivous error has been corrected. I am also not convinced by their arguments that the screenshots are from "old builds" and doubtful that their comments about personally adapting ship drawings and information obtained directly from the British Admiralty are genuine.

Basically, I think Creative Assembly is full of not only morons, but coders bent on maliciously removing key historical details like this from as many things as possible.
    Forgot your pills?

To the original poster: No, i don't. A major problem is a dolphin using your nipple hair to bungyjump with while its still attached to you. Trust me, when that happens to you, you wont give a shart about riggs this and square that.
    Last edited by nodey; February 06, 2009 at 12:47 AM.
    They close my modication thread DWWTW ='( please help evryone.

upsettingshorts's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by nodey View Post
    Forgot your pills?
    Nah, it was just an apparently ill-fated attempt to nip this kind of minor nitpicking in the bud. Or at least encourage people to tone down the hyperbole. With extreme sarcasm, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by tdpatriots12 View Post
    Nah, it was just an apparently ill-fated attempt to nip this kind of minor nitpicking in the bud. Or at least encourage people to tone down the hyperbole. With extreme sarcasm, of course.
    It was quite fun actually. Although I also liked the dolphin thing.

rgds/EoE

El Sid's Avatar Libertus

Although adopted late in the game's period, I have yet to see any copper bottomed Royal Navy ships.

I want to copp'er bottom! ;-)