Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloopers

Dr Zoidberg's Avatar A Medical Corporation

We've had best line, worst line, best scene, best soundtrack, now we shall discuss movie bloopers. Why? Becasue I said so.

For me, the most standout blooper is in Braveheart, in the Battle of Stirling scene, when the Scots charge. Wallace goes from an axe, to nothing to a sword to the axe again and then pulling out the sword. Its so bloody noticeable you wonder how it was picked up during the editing process.

Oh and of course, who can forget the stormtrooper hitting his head on the door in A New Hope.
    Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

I'm afraid I can't really think of anything right now, although I swear there were dozens in the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.

I'll edit this later as I go over 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Turnus's Avatar il Flagello dei Buffoni

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg+Apr 8 2005, 10:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> (Dr Zoidberg &#064; Apr 8 2005, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>For me, the most standout blooper is in Braveheart, in the Battle of Stirling scene, when the Scots charge. Wallace goes from an axe, to nothing to a sword to the axe again and then pulling out the sword. Its so bloody noticeable you wonder how it was picked up during the editing process.[/b]

What about the absence of a bridge? *tongue*

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg@Apr 8 2005, 10:39 PM
    Oh and of course, who can forget the stormtrooper hitting his head on the door in A New Hope.
    That&#39;s an absolute classic&#33;

<!--QuoteBegin-Octavian
    @Apr 9 2005, 02:42 AM
    I&#39;m afraid I can&#39;t really think of anything right now, although I swear there were dozens in the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.
    [/quote]
    Yeah, that has heaps. The only one I can think of right now is the frequent Legolas eye-colour changes (most notable in the scene in Two Towers where Aragorn and Legolas are speaking in the armoury at Helm&#39;s Deep). Apparently that in the original theatrical release of Fellowship you could actually see a car in the background in the scene where Samwise takes his furthest step away from home, but it was digitally taken out for the DVD release. :lol
    Force Diplomacy Modifications for Rise of Persia 2.11 Beta and Roma Surrectum 1.5a.
    Member of S.I.N.
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Probably Dog soldiers, At the start Cpt. Ryan is holding a gun to coopers head and he tilts it... and there isnt a mag inside it... 10 seconds later he shoots a dog, or the scene where a ladder the actors had been using (the actors not the actual characters) was left round the back of the house and you could see it in the barn scene.

I remember in "Children of the Corn" you could see the camera crew in the relection of a hubcap, I laughed my ****** off when I first saw that.

"And I have felt the sudden blow of a nameless wind's cold breath,
    And watched the grisly pilgrims go that walk the roads of Death,
    And I have seen black valleys gape, abysses in the gloom,
    And I have fought the deathless Ape that guards the Doors of Doom."
    -Robert E. Howard "Recompense"

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Braveheart probably has the best ones.

Like when Hamish&#39;s dad get hit by an arrow in the first battle and at the funeral with Wallace wife you can see the arrow has been removed but the scene after the funeral is when they remove the arrow from him.
    And also if you notice the clan next door is at the funeral but in the scene afterwards they comes runing and says "we heard what happened".
    And then there is also when you the irish man like 10 minutes before he joins Wallace and during the battle of stirling a guy gets hit by an arrow twice in the same spot. :erm

Hamelkart's Avatar Senator

I remember one western, I don&#39;t recall exactly which one, when some comanchero bandits were hunting a chariot and then you could see a bus on a road above. :lol
    PADAJ SILO I NEPRAVDO!

In the Last Samurai, just before the battle, Tom Cruise&#39;s horse kicked an extra in the crotch. Best part of the movie

Hamelkart's Avatar Senator

Gladiator:
    When Comodus trains swordplay with couple of his servants you can see a guy trying to fit into jeans in distance.
    PADAJ SILO I NEPRAVDO!

shadepanther's Avatar Senator

In Ben Hur at the chariot race a guy was wearing a rolex

A heard that the apple that Aragorn throws to pippin in the fellowship of the ring has a sticker on it, but it&#39;s not in the DVD so it could have been edited out.
    Also in the same movie Frodo leans on a balcony at rivendale but its exactly in proportion to him (he is meant to be 3 feet tall)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters

From Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope

It&#39;s after Obi-wan, Luke, Han, and Chewy are taken into the Death Star. After they&#39;ve gone to disable to tractor beam, they leave R2 and C-3PO in the command station, and not long after they left, Stormtroopers hotwire the door. As the Stormtroopers are walking in, you&#39;ll see the guy on the far right forgot the door didn&#39;t quite open all the way, didn&#39;t duck, and ended up slamming his head into it. It&#39;s clearly visible as they&#39;re walking in and audbile because of the microphones they have in their helmets.

First time I saw it after getting the DVD, I must&#39;ve replayed the scene at least a dozen times and it never got old.

lol that stormtrooper thing was funny, I wonder why Lucas "fixes" so many things but never fixed that.... i&#39;m glad it wasn&#39;t removed.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Centurion Quintus's Avatar Campidoctor

I Heart Huckabees&#39; Jude Law puke scene. It disappears from his hand.

Gladiator, in the third stadium fight, his armor changes.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

In Ben Hur at the chariot race a guy was wearing a rolex
    Damnit, I was about to post that.

Anyhow, I&#39;m going to watch Zulu tonight, probably end up seeing a Zulu wielding a rifle.

EDIT - There were several Zulu&#39;s with rifles but that was apart of the story.

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Apparently in The Sound of Music, they kids pass a box labelled &#39;produce of Isreal&#39; which is a bit odd as isreal didn&#39;t exist then...

In LOTR The Two Towers, when the Uruks are attacked by the Rohirrim on the edge of fangorn, there is a shot where Pip almost trampled by a horse.
    He goes from having his hands tied together as he scrambles around the floor, to having them wide apart as the horse bucks above his head, to having them tied once again before crawling away and cutting the rope.

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

I&#39;m looking at the new hope dvd and I cant find it, anyone know where it is?

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Turnus's Avatar il Flagello dei Buffoni

Originally posted by Zuwxiv@Apr 11 2005, 12:23 AM
    I&#39;m looking at the new hope dvd and I cant find it, anyone know where it is?
    Should be about the same time as the scene in the garbage room.
    Force Diplomacy Modifications for Rise of Persia 2.11 Beta and Roma Surrectum 1.5a.
    Member of S.I.N.
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Templedog's Avatar Biarchus

In that movie Pearl Harbor, the japs hit in the morning I guess...and they showed kids out playing baseball at 5 am. The movie was full of errors I read. It broke records.

They got lucky and hijacked some airplanes. I could of done that drunk. War on terror is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamelkart
    Gladiator:
    When Comodus trains swordplay with couple of his servants you can see a guy trying to fit into jeans in distance.
    Really? Why was he doing that? :laughing: :laughing:. I'm gonna watch the movie again to see if I notice it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast