Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Prophesy of Pendor - A M&B Fantasy Mod

Default Re: Prophesy of Pendor - A M&B Fantasy Mod

Your call.

Changes to 2.5 Which IS NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Manhunters now give rumors as intended

- Player can now attack friendly factions directly

- Fixed "Rune Axe" to allow for intended thrust

- Gave interior body/footwear to those lords reported as being without

- Corrected steward feedback when gifting center, now correctly displays new owner name

- Fixed creating endless honor troops from prisoner stock

- Villages bound to towns now change ownership to sovereign/independent player when town is taken

- All banners are now working properly; including updating, removal and uniqueness

- Many small fixes; e.g. spelling and spacing

- Changed center list in "Diplomacy/Gift Center" to include current owner's name

- Added cancel option to "Gift center to which Lord" dialog

- Added current player/lord relation to "Gift center to which Lord" dialog buttons

- Revamped steward training; One meeting brings steward up to party stats; 1hr/150denars per skill point, values clamped to 3 to 18

- Changed hidden chest message to display after accepting proposition; Dialog now auto-closes

- Added mine closing confirmation dialog to both village and town/castle steward dialogs

- Added confirmation dialog to "dismantle the Knighthood Order" warroom option

- Modified relation needed for fealty offer from Lord; Lord/Player dialogs now have equal conditions; (+7)

- Corrected player dialog with Brother Randalph when discussing mines

- Changed party screen wages to reflect wages for all player troops, including those garrisoned

- Modified player/center relation change when taking center; goes up if positive and down if negative, based on 25% of original relation; values clamped to +/- 3 to 15

- Attacking minor factions now produces a relation decrease; (-4)/attack

- Added cancel option to "Assess the local prices" in town trade menu

- Revised text and response dialog in screen displayed after taking a center when player is sovereign

- Revised change in center prosperity message to be more descriptive

- Added ability to send out tax collector via town/castle steward. Collector travels from center to center via script. Charges for travel time plus 10% of taxes collected. Player must own at least 1 town with undamaged tax collector building and 3 other centers to use the services of a tax collector

- Defeated and captured signature heroes no longer "escape" if player's prisoner party is full

- Troops purchased from ransom brokers no longer "disappear" if player's main party is full

- Added player inventory check/alternate hero dialog to keep qualis gems from being lost due to full inventory condition

- Added +1 relation boost with associated village for "saving lives" of farmer party

- Modified relation gain/loss for gifting centers to/away from vassals based on center type +5/-10 village, +10/-20 castle proper, +25/-50 town

- All center improvements now display in menu as intended

- Only centers with Knighthood Orders will spontaniously spawn their related honor troops into their garrisons

=====================================================================

Best regards,

Saxondragon

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Darnit, it IS worth it.

Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

I dunno. If you're 400 days in and only have 1 kingdom left to conquer, I'd push through...

SCGavin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspur View Post
    I dunno. If you're 400 days in and only have 1 kingdom left to conquer, I'd push through...
    For the sake of finishing the mod, I would do that, too Except for that, finishing off the last faction is rather joy- and rewardless, though. (The later stages off the game will hopefully be more rewarding in PoP 3.0, but in 2.0+patches it's rather boring, because you just fight weak enemies with gigantic armies, many vassals, good troops and lethal weapons.)

Honestly is any game's ending very rewarding?

Unless it's one of the most ungodly difficult games ever, no not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos Haimon View Post
    Unless it's one of the most ungodly difficult games ever, no not really.
    I wouldn't say that.
    CoD4 had a VERY nice ending, CoD1-2 had very nice endings as well, Medieval 2 has a nice ending scenario but allows you to continue (Then again, who wants THAT game to ever end?), DF:BHD had a very nice ending as well, the GTA games had nice endings, Heroes games had very nice endings (Especially III)... I can show you plenty of games with very satisfying and fun endings

To be honest, the ending that left probably the most impact on me was CoD4, left me gasping for more.
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

SCGavin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgūl Killer View Post
    I wouldn't say that.
    CoD4 had a VERY nice ending, CoD1-2 had very nice endings as well, Medieval 2 has a nice ending scenario but allows you to continue (Then again, who wants THAT game to ever end?), DF:BHD had a very nice ending as well, the GTA games had nice endings, Heroes games had very nice endings (Especially III)... I can show you plenty of games with very satisfying and fun endings

To be honest, the ending that left probably the most impact on me was CoD4, left me gasping for more.
    The most impressing ending and overall story yet for me was in Mafia, although COD4 was pretty impressive, too. In such cases the lack of a storyline in Mount & Blade can really be felt, as there is no story that can be finished (and consequently no reward in satisfaction for beating the final foe or something like that) and the simple annihilation of enemies tends to loose it's appeal to me in many games, once I have the supremacy and when the defeat of the enemy is only a question of time.

Gavin, I see your point and I usually feel the same, but what I absolutely love about M&B is that you're not limited to one storyline.
    To be honest, I think that if we were, it'd make the game dreadful and boring - But that's only for M&B as far as I'm concerned

thatguy's Avatar Domesticus

I think one thing I do not like about Pendor is how there are just so many uber units with super gear in all the armies.

Also, Leadership needs to give you more men, or fighting those 500+ armies is a ho.

http://www.battledebate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    I just got 9 inches.

Not really. Fighting those 500+ armies should be done with your allies or vassals by your side - They'll be the cannon fodder and you'll do the actual damage.

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Okay, so I installed this about a week ago and I've been having a blast so far. I just fought a 300 vs. 250 battle outside of Ravenstern with King Ulric and four Ravenstern lords against five Fierdsvain lords. Though we held the advantage it was a defining moment for the kingdom of Ravenstern, as they had previously been steadily losing land to their barbaric neighbor. The blue dragon will yet spread its wings across Pendor!

Does anyone else recognize some similarities between this mod and the "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels? Not that that's a bad thing of course .

Perhaps now that I have my new graphics card I'll start playing this again.

A Song of Ice and Fire? Should read that novel

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

i've been playing this mod and it's great fun

i'm yet to own my own castle since every attempt to conquer one gets screwed
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Does anyone else find the ransom enemy lords system a bit OP? I've made 100k+ only a few hours in with an army of 50 men...

i think it's fine

as long as you keep the hardest settings
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

PoP is very money friendly, but it should be since every castle has 150-300~ men and each city 600-1000~ men. They can be very hard to beat and you need a lot of money to get properly equipped companions.

i remember in vanilla to trash castles with 3x more man than i my party (i have 60+-, and they have around 200)

in PoP i have trouble beating parties with 1.5x more (have 60, they have 90) :S

Hear me, people!
    I have created the perfect Ravenstern army!

10 companions
    30~ Hero Adventurers
    40~ Ravenstern Kierguard
    40~ Ravenstern Rangers
    20~ Ravenstern Mounted Rangers
    50~ Ravenstern Horsemen and Knights
    The rest are random troops (Like Jatu warlord and Foreign Knights ).

That party is simply unstoppable, I mean, seriously. Ravenstern, once you get to Rangers, are unbelievably powerful! Even Sarleon's armored longbowmen can't face it!