Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Prophesy of Pendor - A M&B Fantasy Mod

Default Re: Prophesy of Pendor - A M&B Fantasy Mod

I think the only cheats that incur penalties are the health cheat ctrl+h and the army wipe out cheat which is something like shift+ctrl+F4.

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

It's the two key combinations of ctrl+x and ctrl+h apparently.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Okay I'm fed up with this mod the textures are poor as hell.. lazy modders ugh I prefer brytenmalta

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

I prefer Brytenwalda as well.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

I love playing as a mamluk type of character however which is impossible in brytenmalta.. do you guys know any mods with deserts?

HI!!! Pls help... How do I turn my recruits lets say Sarleone into cavalry? I dnt get option to convert them into cavalry only infantry.

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

You cannot turn a recruit into a knight.

Default So how can I have a Sarleon Cavalry ?

Can anyone guide me on how to make a Sarleone cavalry? I read that Sarleone have the most bad ass cavalry. Id only been able to upgrade my troops to infantry not to cavalry as it wont let me. In another faction I was able to upgrade them to cavalry. Im not talking about just knights im talking more on Cavalry for now.

And how can i turn them into sarleone knights pls? i read that i have to be in sarleon faction to do this first?

Tiro

The most important thing you need to do is to check the FAQ here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,119.0.html

Knights are brought by upgrade of Noble recruits, which are recrutable by your castle/town steward(in dialog, section 'war room') if you built Training grounds there. Each recuit costs 500, avaliable amount of them depends on your renown, honor and religious buildings(like Shrine).
    To recruit specifically Sarleon Knights, you need to be Sarleon lord or choose Sarleon culture after establishing your kingdom. Latter isn't very clever, because Pendor line of troops gives you a possibility of training the most kinds of different Order knights. Also Pendor Knights are better(in armor and stats) that Sarleon ones - only thing what is good that they have slow, but deadly weapons: mauls and hammers(excellent against armor, free prisoners for you) and morgensterns(high pierce dmg - much better against armor).
    Last edited by HUtH; February 23, 2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english , I don't mind correcting!

Patrician

Hero Adventurers ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspur View Post
    Hero Adventurers ftw.
    Amen, they are awesome but they're expensive as hell. I also like Ravenstern Rangers since they kill of half the enemy army before they can do any real damage.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Hello there brothers of pendor. I find it difficult to gain a foothold on a steady economy at first. True to its word... this game is indeed tough to start. So I actually did money cheat to survive. But.. i find it hard for my conscience to play with cheat. I want to start again and tell myself one day that i did it and became king without a cheat.

So my question is.. where is the best place to hunt as a character with just 10 recruits with me lol. I went around i think around the north of ravenstern and saw alot of roaming thieves with 10 to 15 people armed thieves with them... thats one good spot and i cross my fingers that i wont stumble any freaking enemy bands with knights on them like snake worshipper or devil worshippers and theyre everywhere.

And also... please please please give me any kind of guide that all of you successful traders in this game are doing. Like which rout is good and where i can buy good stuff like which town.. Any kind of guide will do and i will really use it.

And also.... how in the world can i train a sarleon cavalry? I only can train them into infantry leading to halberdiers. Sarleon doesnt have any cavalry??

And also..... since i cant train for now any sarleon into cavalry.. im planning to train the famous Ravenstein archers to Rangers! probably ill have 20 of them and 20 of the fearsome Feidsveir infantry around 20 of them. Thats my plan when i start a new game simply coz i want speed and so i can attract "bad" easy bands to attack me and totally crush them to gain exp.

And also...... Whats the best way to gain exp for myself in the beginning? I know one is fighting in arena and the money I get there for 12 kills is 200 as i remember. How bout the training field? Does it give experience points as well? I really want to do some training there but i find it so time wasting so i end up not doing it and not knowing if they give exp points.

Thank you in Advance and i love this game as well as the story behind it. I read the entire introduction about the maker of this game and about his friend who died from cancer to the monk that made the story a long time ago. Its so worth playing. AMAZING MOD truly amazing.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Cowellini View Post
    Hello there brothers of pendor. I find it difficult to gain a foothold on a steady economy at first. True to its word... this game is indeed tough to start. So I actually did money cheat to survive. But.. i find it hard for my conscience to play with cheat. I want to start again and tell myself one day that i did it and became king without a cheat.
    First of all - what PoP version do you play? 3.205 on WB or 3.01 on M&B?

yes, indeed, mod is far more harder than native and most of other mods. But is also well balanced, what you'll see later in game
    I hope you've looked to FAQ from that link I'd posted in previous post?
    It's good to start new game, every beginning will be different, just like whole game, but first steps in Pendor are quite different from later game, it's difficult, but refreshing, super quick level-ups, meeting companions, doing quests and often last stand fighting. Not like mid-late game with strategy, economics, tactics etc.
    Riiigt..., so - to your questions:

At the beginning you need to hunt thieves, armed peasants, bandits, etc., but first gain few levels in training field(there are 5(?) on the map), it's painless and safe Than ride across Pendor from town to town looking for pay-free companions(Ansen and Leslie) and other cheap ones. Take easy quests from lords and town guildsmen(like killing hiden criminal in some village or transport wine/ale to tawern, etc.). Meanwhile fight some tougher groups for loot and xp(Vanskerries, some stronger bandits also small groups of rogue knights). If you have enough money, hire some highly skilled mercenaries from taverns(Adventures or knights) - they are great help. Always ask for rumors in taverns/castles, you can get that way very cheap slaves, sometimes even order knight, but mainly do it for buying 'maps' to hidden treasure in Rane and Valonbray - cost 200, but you'll get fine loot from the chests(I hope you know locations of hidden chests in these cities).
    What else...just do anything not suicidal, but profitable, like in normal M&B and you'll slowly become stronger and richer. If you had enough money you can buy a manufacture from city guildsman - the sooner you buy it, the faster your money will return and then you'll start making money on it(it's only in WB). If you wish you can join some faction as mercenary captain - it's nice job, you get paid and can do everything like before. Then you can easily become lord of that faction or be still mercenary or again go independent(in M&B mercenary service last for 3 months, in WB 1 month - you can not just go free, you need to wait).

On trade - check the market for finding out how goods' prices oscillate(you or your companion need to have trade skill - higher the better).

On knights and troops - YOU DIDN'T READ MY PREVIOUS POST!....

Just read the FAQ where many things are cleared out, but if you have another question - go on, ask But it'd be the best for you to register on taleworlds forums and ask questions in PoP subforum - beware, post questions in sticky "support" threads, don't irritate mods and devs with the same questions in new thread, also use "search" function.
    Last edited by HUtH; February 26, 2011 at 07:13 PM.

Yes I have warband with me. And ZOH MY GOSH I just got 2 Qualis Gems easy! I got them coz a guy in the tavern sold me a map for 200 and led me to Raven. Theres a hidden chest there and inside i found armor, jewel chests like 6 of them and 2 Qualis gem.

But I have another important question. More on sharing from your side guys actually.
    What does your army compose of? Do you have more on Ravenstern Rangers? I read that they do poor against well armored units? or is it not true? Im thinking of training lots of Halberdiers Sarleones. I realy wana have some Fierdsvein infantry coz theyre hard core but Im gona be a Sarleone for the time being.
    And is the cavalry of Ravenstein worth it to invest with?

Another question pls ! Is it really really true that freaking Empire Units are the weakest?? they look so bad ass to me... But if any of you can share based from experience that they are really weak... pls do let me know coz i feel like making a full blown Empire units

Tiro

Shooters is a 'must' for every army and the best are Empire Armoured Crossbowmen, Ravenstern Rangers and Sarleon Armoured Longbowmen - in that order(in 'shooting' category), but also it's the most difficult to level up Empire Crossbowmen to Armoured ones. Ravenstern Rangers are also great in melee, they are some kind of 'spearmen' for Ravenstern due to their 2handed swords, but beware - no shields.

Sarleon halberdiers are awesome, best foot no-noble, no-order unit apart from D'Shar Swordmasters and Huscarls. And they are just insane in sieges. But you need for them some troops with shields to cover them in formation - generally lower tier unit like Men-at-arms do that job.

Ravenstern no-noble cav is good for early game(later you'll have knights), they're cheap and versatile, good filler to your Adventurers and different Knights. Horse Archers are nice for harassing and luring enemy cav.

Empire units are quite good if you know how to use them. Come with them near enemy, make hell with throwing spears and then charge. Always have some gladiators(but not many - they are 'forlorn hope' type of unit, destined for heroic death) for making first massive blow and havoc in enemy lines.

Of course above was about no-noble, no-order troops, later in the game your army would be based on order and noble Knights with other speciality troops., and you won't bother about normal troops(ok - only for garrisons).
    Last edited by HUtH; March 01, 2011 at 06:34 AM.

HI!!! Thats a very sweet detail info you gave Htuh Glad to know that Halberdiers are awesome. Yeah Im making at least 30 halberdiers as my full frontline infantry. They will avenge the deaths those heretics and demonworshippers did to me !

Another question pls!
    Is there a penalty for having different faction units when you are in a faction already? Lets say faction? I know there shouldnt be any penalty if you dnt join a faction but im not sure if u join one. And if theres no penalty ZOH MY GOSH im gona recruit Fiedsvern infantry and oh mennnn .. Sarleon Knight and Fiedsvern Huscarls !!

Tiro

I'm not sure about it, I think that units of different culture affect morale in the party, but I don't know if that depends on faction belonging or just how mixed is your party... In 'party morale' in reports section in Notes, you can check morale.

Generally it's not so important, victories, various food, baggage train and morale boost from taverns' keepers are enough to maintain morale above average.
    I played with different kinds of troops and didn't have many problems with morale

Patrician

If you have troops fighting their own nationality, you take a morale hit.

Yeah it won't take long before Sarleon men start deserting if you keep killing members of the Sarleon faction.