Thread: 'unspecified error'

Default 'unspecified error'

Hey, I just downloaded the 2.4 mod, and every time I try to start a campaign or custom battle with any faction the game stops and the "M2TW was encountered an unspecified error and must close" pop-up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice. The vanilla is up to version 1.2, and I also have the Custom Campaign mod...can anyone help please?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: 'unspecified error'

Custom Campaign mod and this mod are incompatible. If you want both mods you'll need two copies of the vanilla version patched to 1.2.

Cheers for the quick reply. I got rid of custom campaigns and it still does the same thing though...

Unfortunately getting rid of Custom Campaigns will not solve your problem. Only a clean install of the game will. Both of them overwrite critical vanilla files and unfortunately the same ones.

Cheers once again. I've deleted and reloaded the vanilla game and 1.2 patch. I'm just waiting for the mod to download. I noticed something though; the game has stopped autosaving. Any reason/solution you can think of?

I turned it off for my testing purposes and forgot turn it back on before uploading it. Oops.
    Open the RegionModBm.cfg in notepad, scroll down to the autosave line, change the 0 to 1, save it, and have fun.