Thread: Modding ExRM traits and triggers

Default Modding ExRM traits and triggers

I've got a quick question about modding ExRM's traits/characteristics. I'm also posting this in the EB forum since I'd basically like to import some of the traits/Characteristics from EB and use them with ExRM's system.

Basically, I like the idea of ExRM's seniority system in terms of Legate/Tribune status, but I also like the idea of EB's gens-specific traits, like gens Cornelii having certain hereditary issues. Any help would be appreciated, but I'm checking this out at the moment and will post any of my own discoveries, if I make any.

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Default Re: Modding ExRM traits and triggers

In the traits file, you can find triggers for when the father has a certain trait, and when the son comes of age, means that the son has a chance of getting related traits as well. Your idea can be based on this.

Create a trait for each gens. The starting family member of that gens will have that trait, as defined in descr_strat.

Create a trigger that checks for that trait when a son comes of age. If the father has that trait, the son gets that trait too, along with a chance of other gens-related traits.

Lastly, fill in the other details.

One problem is that only the branches defined by descr_strat will have these traits. Subsequent branches that marry or are adopted into the family won't have these traits.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Modding ExRM traits and triggers

Thank you for explaining that. I don't know much about traits (Jamey's done most of the work on that).
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.