Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Steam FAQ

Default Re: ETW and STEAM (Read the 1st post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I realize that if I purchase it retail I'll still have to "activate" it over Steam, however, will the installation process for the retail disk do that automatically or do I have to download Steam manually prior to/after installing to activate it?
    Steam should be included on the disk, so automatically

Quote Originally Posted by random_samurai View Post
    Excellent, less of a chance for me to screw it up.

LionQ's Avatar Civis

Steam FTW!

Support and join the Total War fanclub on uGAME.net now! Thanks

It said 3rd of March just a couple of hours ago! Now its 4th??? I wouldnt buy it from steam if i knew it came out at the same date as the retail version, wich it now does

Relevant to this thread:

http://alaskaoregonwesternwashington...&firm=27030704

Based on [Better Business Bureau] files, this business has a BBB Rating of F.
    Reasons for this rating include:
    • Number of complaints filed against business.
    • Failure to respond to complaints filed against business.
    • Number of complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
    • BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    [fieldset]

Q: What if Valve decides to shut Steam down?

A: Steam is a complete cash-cow, there's no reason why it should be closed down. Also, Valve has promised (as it has been said many many many many times before) that they'll release a patch that disables Steam from all games if they ever want to close the service down.

I'm still wondering though,

They might release a patch that disables steam for most games, but frommost of the games I have on Steam, I don't even have a physical copy, because I bought the games on steam, not just activating a reatil copy.

What will happen to the digital availability of the games when they decide to shut Steam down?

They'll just release a patch for all games that require Steam to run, and which you happen to have a physical copy of? Will you lose all of your digitally bought games?

Roman Knight's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by random_samurai View Post
    No, you will have to download steam seperately.

Rhaegar1's Avatar Campidoctor

WTF now I'm sick of it. I've never heard of steam before empire so the open minded dutchie I am I just decided 2 weeks ago to give it a fair chance and subscribe in order to be able to download the demo when it comes out. but I allways get this message:

"Your account creation request failed, please try again later."

What bull*** is this! I never had any experience with that site but no matter what time of the day how much I try I can't even register on the *%^$& site!

I know I can't use bad language here but do you guys have any idea how frustrating it is to not even be able to make an account.

I hate steam now and that will never go away anymore.
    'I'll be damned ' Marcellus Wallis

I just got steam then and it worked fine

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Knight View Post
    you, sir, are mistaken

Steamworks activates and launches your copy of Empire: Total War™. If you don’t already have Steam installed, everything you need to play will be included on the Empire: Total War™ disc and will be installed as part of the standard, step-by-step, installation procedure.

-Taken from TotalWar.com's Steam Faq

in my opinion this is just a matter of distribution. what i means is that every game publisher try to get rid of license piracy and on the other site try to get a good renvenue of a product, with the little bonus of aftersalesservice. so these are the facts.

but what I am thinking is that a little trust in the customer in no so bad, because this will be paid back in time with loyalty for a product.

when think back on my beginning with the totalwar series i had some reasons to elect this product. first of all I am a bit addicted to pc games, but not enough to forget my real life. this was one reasons why i left the browser games and all the fascinating rolegames where you can be only good if playing all the day and mostly with more than one account. secondly it was fascinating gameplaying in the totalwarseries, but what me kept all the time waiting for an other part of the series was in the community and all the mods here.

what I am a bit aware of with steam is, could the community develop also in ETW?

i hope that there is solution, because i didn't count the times how often i reinstalled MTW2 and RTW because of forgetting the backup for some datas while im trying to mod.

if this version is not the game on the cd, because its only a one pc licensed product. what happen if I am want a new pc. the problem in the holidays when I am at my parents home and i didn't but my desktop is miles away.

will there some other mods develop or is then only a chance for paid downloads

and in the end after a few months pausing mtw, played it again when i had technical problems with my internet connection.

that’s what i mean you can save your game, concentrate on your real life and after a while you can play it again with new enthusiasm. you check twcenter seeing the community a life and new mods out ready for you.

when iam wrong please correct me, but what i read about steam in wikipedia led suggest these things.

i know my english is horrible, i hope the plot will not corrupted.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Just to back up what random_samurai said, games like Half Life 2 will install Steam upon install and don't require you to download it. They require online registration, but they come with Steam.

My question is this. Steam games install in Steam's own directory. If I bought the game in the boxed version, would I be right in assuming it would also install in Steam's directory (considering that's what HL2 & The Orange Box did), or would it install in a new different directory?
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

What? Empire works only with steam!? I hate steam.
    They should have made it optional.
    No Signature

nemr's Avatar Miles

simple question

can I download ETW Demo in a PC , and take it via cd or flash memory to another PC

cuz I can`t download the demo in my slow home connection , download it now in internet cafe

As I don't use steam very often, I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to take screenshots with Steam? I've been told it's either F5 or F12, but I can't find any relevant settings, nor can I find any screens in the directories I've seen listed that they should be in.

nemr's Avatar Miles

am 70% download

and the question repeat

help please

simple question

can I download ETW Demo in a PC , and take it via cd or flash memory to another PC

cuz I can`t download the demo in my slow home connection , download it now in internet cafe

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There are any normal Demo file without ,those steam?And for what I understand,even I bought the DVD,I have to use the steam to confirm the veracity of the game?Sorry CA I don't need any spy program in my PC,you just lose one customer.

Keyser Soze's Avatar Domesticus

Aradan, thanks for nice explain what is steam and how works. but for CA or SEGA: it was not the best idea in your history... many people have problem with Steam in all the world...
    Last edited by Keyser Soze; February 21, 2009 at 12:48 AM.
    sorry my english.

Why should we use the steam only for a Demo?What a stupid thing,I want the Demo not the ing steam.
    And plz don't tell me to be on-line to play the game,the full one.If this is because the piracy,in my opinion,CA cant do nothing about,they Cr*ck everything they want,they just made the normal customers life harder.CA and Sega fails.I dont by the game in those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by metenojo View Post
    Why should we use the steam only for a Demo?What a stupid thing,I want the Demo not the ing steam.
    And plz don't tell me to be on-line to play the game,the full one.If this is because the piracy,in my opinion,CA cant do nothing about,they Cr*ck everything they want,they just made the normal customers life harder.CA and Sega fails.I dont by the game in those conditions.
    It's Piracy in the first place that spawned initiatives such as Steam. Just because there's always some people that can do it, doesn't mean they shouldn't make it as hard as they can.