Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't know DOW II

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Default I don't know DOW II

I don't know i just played my first game of DOW II and i didn't like it at all, it just didn't cut it felt like a incomplete game with too many features but no strong point. DOW was just plainly better

Don't think i will buy it unless the game changes, alot but i'm guessing it wouldn't

What do you people think and tell the truth on what you think.
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: I don't know DOW II

Wait for the SP.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Same here, besides I also want:

1. Redesign Eldar, which is overpower.

2. More maps, and bigger maps.

3. Lift the level 4 cap for units.

I would be happy if they achieve all three.

I kind feel the same, DOW 1 felt much more complete at launch to me. It had more factions, they're weren't some noobish glitches and AI issues like this one. But this is a beta and I am going to get dow2 solely for the tyranids really.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Hounf of Culan View Post
    I kind feel the same, DOW 1 felt much more complete at launch to me. It had more factions, they're weren't some noobish glitches and AI issues like this one. But this is a beta and I am going to get dow2 solely for the tyranids really.
    The original DoW has only four factions.

My bad, well Chaos is like a million times cooler than the slightly homoerotically designed eldar so that counts as more real factions.

Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry, but DoW1 had some pretty bad glitches.

To prove my point, give your Space Marines some heavy bolters. If they chance upon a stationary enemy/building, only the heavy bolters will fire, unless the rest of the Space Marines are in range, they won't move up to support the bolter crews.

they shoot if the enemy move closer, its not really a problem. A real glitch is the lictor alpha's flesh hooks not pulling the target towards it.

My bad, well Chaos is like a million times cooler than the slightly homoerotically designed eldar so that counts as more real factions.
    Don't let Thanny see that or you would be crucified in a second (although I agree with you).

Anyway, it seems you never play the original DoW before... which Chaos is so gay that I mistakenly thought it was just a Space Marine wearing some evil armor...

Edit: Oh, he already saw that.

Moderator Emeritus

I'm not so much angry at people downplaying Eldar as I am just confused.

I'm just trying to understand everyone's logic here.

So if they're not big hulking manly men (aka Space Marines), they're gay.

Okey dokey, then.....

I just stated Eldar is overpower in DoWII, don't get confused...

Although I still want Tau more than anything.

They're just not cool, they are like elves. Peew peeew peeew we're shooting you with our bright neon colored lasers, peew peeew, we look like 3d stick figures peeew peeew. The tyranids are awesome aliens that eat everyone, the space marines are huge hulking and the imperium is awesome, chaos has awesome demon stuff going for it, the tau have pwnage technology, the necrons are ominous killers, dem orks is got der squiggoths n da shootaz and de waaaag, the eldar are just lame.

They're just not cool, they are like elves. Peew peeew peeew we're shooting you with our bright neon colored lasers, peew peeew, we look like 3d stick figures peeew peeew. The tyranids are awesome aliens that eat everyone, the space marines are huge hulking and the imperium is awesome, chaos has awesome demon stuff going for it, the tau have pwnage technology, the necrons are ominous killers, dem orks is got der squiggoths n da shootaz and de waaaag, the eldar are just lame.
    Ok, don't let both Silo and Thanny see this or you would be crucified in 1/10 second.

I like it; its something different. Maybe I've played too many RTS games and am starting to get sick of the genres' 'tropes' but I like the much smaller focus and lack of base building and research. DOW1 just always makes me mass spam units and rush off somewhere, DOW2 actually puts my micro skills to use and makes me careful of what I do.

Yeah its a change and a pretty big change but if this game had been a flashier version of DOW1 I wouldn't have played it for more than 5 minutes. Its getting to a point where the RTS genre needs to start breaking out of the monotony its dug itself into with every game trying to emulate Starcraft. Company of Heroes was a big step forward in that respect, DOW2 takes it even further.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

I love DoW 2, such a relif that they didnt make coh with better graphics and melee combat.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffy View Post
    I like it; its something different. Maybe I've played too many RTS games and am starting to get sick of the genres' 'tropes' but I like the much smaller focus and lack of base building and research. DOW1 just always makes me mass spam units and rush off somewhere, DOW2 actually puts my micro skills to use and makes me careful of what I do.

Yeah its a change and a pretty big change but if this game had been a flashier version of DOW1 I wouldn't have played it for more than 5 minutes. Its getting to a point where the RTS genre needs to start breaking out of the monotony its dug itself into with every game trying to emulate Starcraft. Company of Heroes was a big step forward in that respect, DOW2 takes it even further.
    Ya, that is why I feel Relic is quite a good developer; every new series under them would have fresh change.

Anyway, I have just finished my Space Marine 1v1 troops deployment, anyone want to be my guinea pig??

Edit: I mean, tommorrow.

I demand the guard.

Otherwise it feels like a game I will purchase.

Well im getting it strictly for the fact that the Tyranids are finally a playable faction in it. Plus they look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkragnar View Post
    I love DoW 2, such a relif that they didnt make coh with better graphics and melee combat.
    It's basically a stripped down version of COH, set in the Warhammer 40k universe. The whole thing feels lazily put together and unfinished. By all means, it's fun for what it is. Though in terms of gameplay and content, COH is miles ahead.

I haven't really followed the development that closely, but didn't they at one point state that base building would be present in multiplayer? I just can't imagine they meant the occasional turrets (available to 2 commanders) we see now.
    Last edited by Norge; January 30, 2009 at 11:31 AM.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Quote Originally Posted by Norge View Post
    It's basically a stripped down version of COH, set in the Warhammer 40k universe. The whole thing feels lazily put together and unfinished. By all means, it's fun for what it is. Though in terms of gameplay and content, COH is miles ahead.
    I have the same feeling. I can only hope that the singleplayer is more fun, because that's what I really liked in the original DoW. By all means, the multiplayer is quite fun to play, but I feel it lacks something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast