Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

I just had the most weirdest mod issue in my life and AFAIK I haven't heard anyone else who have this kind of an issue before, because when I reloaded a gamesave the CTRL+L function suddenly started to go berserk I mean it loaded the same gamesave over and over again without any chance to stop in-game nor did I could exit the game with the CTRL+Alt+Del keys.

Since I already mention about the ability for the Danes to recruit diplomats in this thread. I'm not sure if I should start a new thread or continue to post my suggestion(s) in this thread.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Can you duplicate the error? If you restart your pc and load VI2, does it happen again? What about if you try in BI2 vanilla?

Sorry no it didn't happen and the only conclusion I've is that the Windows shortcut keys for the task manager must somehow being stuck then hence for being repeatable. Anyway it's working now.

Btw... What do you mean by BI2 vanilla?

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Sorry, I mean BI (Barbarian Invasion) in its original state.

Yes I can play BI with mods or without mods.

I assume you don't mind having suggestions posted here. I've a few more suggestions and that's about the regional titles, because I find it odd when a general gain a regional title after only one turn for being a governor before a settlement is under control.

What I mean is that a general also get a "Local Lord" trait to boost both acumen and law with +2 each, but I notice that trait is only gained after your general already have a regional title.

So why not do the opposite I mean let a general have the "Local Lord" trait after one turn, but only gain the regional title when the public order is 75% regardless if there is religious unrest or not. Just have 75% in public order in a settlement will grant the current governor a regional title in the next turn. Of course if this feasible and a new version is released.

I also think that the permanent unrest of 30% there is a many settlements is a little to much imo. There could be a "Terrifying Presence" trait for the vikings similar to what the Huns have in BI that could reduce the permanent unrest of 30% to 20%.

Hey all, I used to love playing this mod with the disk version and when I downloaded the steam version for a new Windows 8.1 machine and fired up the mod I get this problem:

bi\vi2/data/descry_sm_factions.txt at line 18 column 1 "horde_min_units": This feature is not supported.

Now I have gone to the my games section on steam and added the:

-mod:bi\vi2 -nm -show_err

(precisely that) into the steam Set Launch Options box and then clicked the create new icon (which is the old Rome II version, not even BI).

As an aside, the same happens with the Norman Invasion mod too.

Can someone spot what I am doing wrong or is this a windows 8.1 issue?

This problem usually indicates a RTW that does not have Barbarian Invasion installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    This problem usually indicates a RTW that does not have Barbarian Invasion installed.

Thanks for the quick reply Aradan. Hmmm, a confusing one, I just have to figure out what steam is up to then. BTW I have been playing this mod for years as well as NI and I adore both of them, thanks for the effort!

I have the exact same problem , i am using windows 7 and i have the steam gold version which has basic rome and BI which i checked is patched to 1.61 so it is up to date and i have played BI vanilla and with Darth Mod and this is the only mod i have ever gotten that error message on

Do you have other BI-based mods installed?

no its a clean vanilla steam gold version install

Ok, so there are no other BI-based mods to see if this problem occurs there as well.

RTW being Gold Edition doesn't necessarily mean BI is patched to 1.6, some are 1.3(RTW)/1.4(BI). If you launch BI and go to Options, does it say 1.6 at the top-right corner?

Also, are you sure your shortcut for the mod points to the RTW-BI.exe and not the RTW.exe?

no it is patched to 1.6 i checked, it is a clean vanilla install, then i verify game cache then i install this mod and it still happens

also when i use darth mod, which modifies rome and BI, this problem does not happen
    Last edited by Sigmar Heldenhamer; August 19, 2014 at 08:53 AM.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

I use Steam and have Windows 7. Never had any problems. Your problem suggests that one of three things is wrong: 1. BI does not exist or is not patched up or has been corrupted/overwritten, 2. the shortcut is pointing to the wrong exe (or you are starting RTW rather than BI in Steam), 3. the mod is installed in the wrong place.
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; August 21, 2014 at 05:08 AM.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

1. its the steam gold edition so it has BI and its patched to the fullest
    2. i checked and the shortcut is pointing to the right place, to the BI launcher in the steam apps folder
    3. the mod is installed in the right place, in the steam folder

I followed instructions exactly, i am not a new person to using mods i have been using them for every total war game so i know how to install them, i already made sure of these 3 things, also its a clean vanilla install with no other mod installed

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

How strange.

Have you tried starting from Steam rather than using a shortcut? I don't use the latter, I just use the launch properties directly in Steam.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

same thing happens

I have the same problem as the above (Script Error in bi\vi2/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, at line 18, column 1, "horde_min_units" feature not supported). I think this may be an issue with people who use steam, has anyone with Steam and Win 8.1 managed to get this running?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    3. the mod is installed in the right place, in the steam folder

I followed instructions exactly, i am not a new person to using mods i have been using them for every total war game so i know how to install them, i already made sure of these 3 things, also its a clean vanilla install with no other mod installed
    It doesn't matter if you installed the mod exactly what the instructions tells you unless you have the installation path folder for Rome Gold Edition in the Steam Library in Steam Client. I had the same problem myself and that's easy to fix.

Have you checked that in Steam?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...5168-EUIA-6643

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by thegorillacakes View Post
    Hey all, I used to love playing this mod with the disk version and when I downloaded the steam version for a new Windows 8.1 machine and fired up the mod I get this problem:

bi\vi2/data/descry_sm_factions.txt at line 18 column 1 "horde_min_units": This feature is not supported.

Now I have gone to the my games section on steam and added the:

-mod:bi\vi2 -nm -show_err

(precisely that) into the steam Set Launch Options box and then clicked the create new icon (which is the old Rome II version, not even BI).

As an aside, the same happens with the Norman Invasion mod too.

Can someone spot what I am doing wrong or is this a windows 8.1 issue?
    I have Windows 7 and that fixed it for me, went to properties for Rome: Total War on Steam, then Set Launch Options and pasted this exactly: -mod:bi\vi2 -nm -show_err

Mod is working just fine now hope my confirmation helps, I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to these technicalities but it could be a Windows 8/8.1 issue if this doesn't fix it for you.

Edit: Don't use the mod shortcut, simply run RTW on Steam and choose BI after doing the above.
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; November 20, 2014 at 04:59 AM. Reason: added final r to show_err ;)