Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting Question

Default Starting Question

Just a quick question,When i start a Imperial Campaign,all AI settlements all garrisoned to 75%,is this ment to be or a bug?(tried all diffilculties)

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: Starting Question

Yes, this is intended. If you want to conquer something, you need to work hard for it. This mod is intended for seasoned RTW veterans who know the game through and through. Hence the somewhat ridiculously difficult enemies, but I have personally tested everything on VH/VH difficulty and have managed to always pull through..
    Hint: Do not get into war in 2 fronts, it will exhaust your forces quickly.

Im not complaining but it just seemed weird since they all had the same garrison size.
    Right now im trying to start a Achean league Campaign,but its a tricky situation with Back stabbing Macedon and Epirus on the North.

Other than that i think this is the best mod i ever played so far.(2 years of playing RTW)

I'd agree with you there. This mod's Diadochi focus is friggin' amazing. I love it.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

the campaign seems a bit ez. i found only 7-8 units in athens and the pelops was easy as hell to conquer. im plaiying as maks atm

jnabb22's Avatar Civis

I think its got a great balance like if youll read my empire in em's thread its pretty hard but manageble but maybe it depends on faction :hmmm: cause i have only played as gcs rome and acaean league

for randomness
    The mind is everything. What you think you become- Buddha
    Requiescat in Pace Calvin

Makedon is one of the easiest factions to play, even on VH/VH. I believe the next version will have the best balance in that region for all factions. If you want a challenge, try the Aedui campaign.

Maximus_96's Avatar Senator

just a question. do the romans get the marian reforms? because when i look at the custom battle recruitment it doesnt have any legionaries.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210370

The next version though will have proto Legionaries. They will have 120 troops and testudo, strength is equal to Polybian Principes. A new elite roman merc veteran legionary unit will also make appearance.
    There will be no real elite units for romans like Agema Hypaspists though. Just an elite merc veteran unit.

Maximus_96's Avatar Senator

ok. when is the next version going to be released?

When it's done.™

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Makedon is one of the easiest factions to play, even on VH/VH. I believe the next version will have the best balance in that region for all factions. If you want a challenge, try the Aedui campaign.
    but also frickin fun.

im not that good tbh. even on xgm i couldnt beat pyrhus as romans straight off. it took me 10 years before italy was mine and i only managed to have 10 settlements 30 years in due to a huge numbers of carthaginians,roman rebels and gauls.

Well, XGM relies on heavy AI bonuses that spam stacks at you. In xgmD, I try to make the AI produce quality troops instead of hordes of militias that keep you crippled. If it wasn't called RTW - XGM, I'd mistake Seleucids and Scythians for Zergs...

ummm im not very far into my campaign because i havent got alot of time nowadays but will there come a time when a faction becomes a superpower and starts spamming stacks at you?

Not like in XGM, no.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Well, XGM relies on heavy AI bonuses that spam stacks at you. In xgmD, I try to make the AI produce quality troops instead of hordes of militias that keep you crippled. If it wasn't called RTW - XGM, I'd mistake Seleucids and Scythians for Zergs...

haha the Zerg rush has to be one of the most annoying things in a game. Think you are starting off all well as Terran or Protoss and along come 8 Zerglings to ruin all.
    Pretty terrible the release date for SC2. Oops sorry off topic ;p.

you can block a poor players zergling rush thorugh micro. and zergling rushes usually come just as you make the first military unit if your terran or protoss. that should be enough to stop a zerg rush.

ummm can we have force diplomacy back? the epirot army is attacking me (im carthage) even tho rome is attacking tarentum and epirus is my ally.

Force diplomacy should be in. Try it out.
    As for Zergling rush, usually I'm able to produce a bunker with two marines by that time and if things get dire, I just rush all my SCV's to take care of them. Always works
    Anyone still play SC? I still play it once in a while..

really? youre either building awfully fast or the zergling rush is awfully slow if you can make a bunker by that time. yes i still play SC at net cafs but i donthave it installed.

and the zergling rush is the "Friendly" part. its the mutas that come after that are truly a pain.

I am known to spam Wraiths and harass enemies with them. 12 wraiths with camouflage seems to be the only other way to take out 12 carriers, if you don't have 12 cruisers yourself. You can always chunk out Wraiths faster than the enemy can chunk out his carriers, so it's a very effective spam tactic. Using comsat to find out any enemy detectors is a must with this tactic though, so unless your carriers have 12 probes its useless.

But yeah, I rush out the bunker very fast. 8th scv builds Barracks, 9th builds Supply, 10th builds gas refinery and then comes a bunker with 2 marines. After that it gets more random.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast