Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: How to Make New Buildings

Withwnar's Avatar Bring me Clive Warren

Default Re: How to Make New Buildings

Did you try using "temple" like Gigantus said in the post before yours? i.e. temple_monastery_catholic.

Although that might prevent it from being buildable because there can be only one temple per settlement and it's a condition of yours that a temple already exists.

sale70's Avatar Signifer

well, maybe it will be right, because it's a new type of building, not upgrade to temple's. I'll try this also. any comment on description in building scroll ( catholic monastery amplify orthodox religion ) ?

I'm not familiar with the amplify bonus but this says....

This increases the effectiveness of religious buildings in converting the populace by 33 and 1/3 times the number specified.
    So I'd expect 2 to show around 66% on the scroll. Maybe there's a setting somewhere that controls how much amplification there is per 1 value. Try some different numbers and see what happens. e.g. 0.5, 1, 1.5.

Vipman's Avatar Sagittarius

I don't know about other religions but giving a building the "religion heretic" line without temple prefix will make this building always destroy when settlement changes ownership.
    - - - 2D ARTISTS URGENTLY NEEDED - - -

Third Age TW has a few buildings that are religion but not temple and they get auto-destroyed too (not by script). Maybe the game only auto-destroys one other-religion building per settlement ownership change, not all of them.

stevietheconquer's Avatar Princeps Prior

just a stupid question but too be sure do you put in culture eastern_european only eastern_european pictures ?like eastern_european_tavern and not example pictures of middle_eastern_tavern?
    and in for culture northern_european only pictures of northern_european_tavern annd not for example pictures of middle_eastern_tavern?

Yes, that's right.

It does beg the question though: if eastern_european images are under the "eastern_european" folder then why do those all also need the "eastern_european" prefix in the file name? I never understood that because it seems redundant.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information