Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to Make New Buildings

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: How to Make New Buildings

Did you try using "temple" like Gigantus said in the post before yours? i.e. temple_monastery_catholic.

Although that might prevent it from being buildable because there can be only one temple per settlement and it's a condition of yours that a temple already exists.

well, maybe it will be right, because it's a new type of building, not upgrade to temple's. I'll try this also. any comment on description in building scroll ( catholic monastery amplify orthodox religion ) ?

I'm not familiar with the amplify bonus but this says....

This increases the effectiveness of religious buildings in converting the populace by 33 and 1/3 times the number specified.
    So I'd expect 2 to show around 66% on the scroll. Maybe there's a setting somewhere that controls how much amplification there is per 1 value. Try some different numbers and see what happens. e.g. 0.5, 1, 1.5.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't know about other religions but giving a building the "religion heretic" line without temple prefix will make this building always destroy when settlement changes ownership.

Third Age TW has a few buildings that are religion but not temple and they get auto-destroyed too (not by script). Maybe the game only auto-destroys one other-religion building per settlement ownership change, not all of them.

just a stupid question but too be sure do you put in culture eastern_european only eastern_european pictures ?like eastern_european_tavern and not example pictures of middle_eastern_tavern?
    and in for culture northern_european only pictures of northern_european_tavern annd not for example pictures of middle_eastern_tavern?

Yes, that's right.

It does beg the question though: if eastern_european images are under the "eastern_european" folder then why do those all also need the "eastern_european" prefix in the file name? I never understood that because it seems redundant.

i have found that there is a map calling cities;do you have too put there too pictures?and what kind of pictures?and what size they gotta be?

thanks for anny answer

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

We have used the 'hinterland' naming principle in 1648 and Rise of three Kingdoms to add 'Information' buildings. Is that what you are talking about?

I thought he probably meant the little city pictures in the building browser

which would be where it says in descr_cultures.txt under 'card' like
    data/ui/southern_european/cities/graeco-roman_town.tga

no idea on size limits...

and yes hinterland info buildings are great for a variety of reasons

yes i meant them,thanks for the information

clone's Avatar Primicerius

can i ask you help. i want to change the name of the building(the market). in order to change the name do i need to change this section in this example. i want the external name. the one that is visible on the campaign
    building monastery_catholic{
    religion catholic
    levels monastery_c
    Last edited by clone; September 13, 2014 at 05:43 PM.
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

No. If you want to change only it's game name then you need only change the text outside of the { } 's in export_buildings.txt and nothing in EDB.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    No. If you want to change only it's game name then you need only change the text outside of the { } 's in export_buildings.txt and nothing in EDB.
    thanks a lot.
    can i ask something more.in eb2 some factions have unique market names (roman forum for example)
    and description and others use a default english
    (trader)
    i want to give unique names to some other factions.i have created the 3
    entries in export buildings for every level of market but i get ctd.
    is there any other file i need to edit or i have done something wrong
    Last edited by clone; September 14, 2014 at 06:35 PM.
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Underneath the syntax for culture specific entries, faction specific is not possible.

Code:
    {[tree name]_name}generic tree name goes here
    {[building name]}generic building name
    {[building name]_desc}generic long description
    {[building name]_desc_short}generic short description
    {[building name]_[culture]}culture specific building name
    {[building name]_[culture]_desc}culture specific long description
    {[building name]_[culture]_desc_short}culture specific short description
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 16, 2014 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Underneath the syntax for culture specific entries, faction specific is not possible.

Code:
    {[tree name]_name}generic tree name goes here
    {[building name]}generic building name
    {[building name]_desc}generic long description
    {[building name]_desc_short}generic short description
    {[building name]_[culture]}culture specific building name
    {[building name]_[culture]_desc}culture specific long description
    {[building name]_[culture]_desc_short}culture specific short description
    so from what you say you cant have faction specific buildings names only culture specifix(greek,roman,eastern) or that you can but not underneath the syndax for culture specifix enties.because in eb2 for example building entries doesnt have cultural names rathers factional names :{market_four_f_bosporan} and not {market_four_f_greek}
    for example from what i see in export buildings akademy building have different entires for greek cities,pontus,and another helenic factions
    Last edited by clone; September 16, 2014 at 01:03 AM.
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    faction specific is not possible
    It is possible. A tutorial somewhere mentions it and I tried it a while back to confirm. I don't know if faction-specific images are, though.

EDIT: ninja'd. EB2 confirms it too it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    It is possible. A tutorial somewhere mentions it and I tried it a while back to confirm. I don't know if faction-specific images are, though.

EDIT: ninja'd. EB2 confirms it too it would seem.
    if it is possible then why i am getting ctd when i created entries fro greek cities undernith the bosporan one(i created fol all lvls of marketplace
    market levels
    {market_one_f_bosporan} Emporion (Small Marketplace)
    {market_one_f_bosporan_desc} blabla long description
    {market_one_f_bosporan_desc_short} An emporion, a place of exchange, has been established here, for the first time. It is only a matter of time, before the settlement expands due to demand.
    {market_one_f_cul_1} Emporion (Small Marketplace)
    {market_one_f_cul_1_desc} bla bla long descr
    {market_one_f_cul_1_desc_short} An emporion, a place of exchange, has been established here, for the first time. It is only a matter of time, before the settlement expands due to demand.
    cult_1 is greek cities
    Last edited by clone; September 16, 2014 at 01:10 AM.
    Robert E. Howard

Maybe you have either missed entry(ies) for some other faction/culture that can also get the building, or have named them wrong in export_buildings.txt.

Does the log report any errors?

this is the last part of the long log
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    11:14:09.470 [system.io] [trace] file open,,09538B30,2780211:14:09.470 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/text/event_titles.txt.strings.bin (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.496 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/message_text_lookup.txt
    11:14:09.496 [system.io] [trace] file open,,09538B30,574494
    11:14:09.496 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/text/event_strings.txt.strings.bin (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.514 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/descr_event_images.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.514 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0BF02398,77655
    11:14:09.514 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/descr_event_images.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.581 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.581 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/EBII/data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml,29557
    11:14:09.581 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/descr_campaign_ai_db.xml (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.606 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/export_descr_unit_enums.txt
    11:14:09.609 [system.io] [trace] file open,,09539238,1435710
    11:14:09.609 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/text/export_units.txt.strings.bin (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.657 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/export_descr_unit.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.657 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0BF023F0,533136
    11:14:09.658 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/export_descr_unit.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.757 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/descr_sm_factions.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.758 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0BF02448,31342
    11:14:09.758 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/descr_sm_factions.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.758 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/rebel_faction_descr_enums.txt
    11:14:09.759 [system.io] [trace] file open,,09539238,14522
    11:14:09.759 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/text/rebel_faction_descr.txt.strings.bin (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.778 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/descr_rebel_factions.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.778 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0BF02398,117023
    11:14:09.778 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/descr_rebel_factions.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.804 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/descr_particle.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.804 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0BF023F0,3824
    11:14:09.804 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/descr_particle.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.822 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/descr_formations.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.825 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0BF02448,67783
    11:14:09.825 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/descr_formations.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.840 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/descr_formations_ai.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.840 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0BF02EF0,130710
    11:14:09.840 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/descr_formations_ai.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.851 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/EBII/data/descr_ui_buildings.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.851 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0BF043E8,1217
    11:14:09.852 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/descr_ui_buildings.txt (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:09.862 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings_enums.txt
    11:14:09.863 [system.io] [trace] file open,,09539238,9458610
    11:14:09.863 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/EBII/data/text/export_buildings.txt.strings.bin (from: D:\Games\m2)
    11:14:10.277 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0BF043E8,,not found
    11:14:10.277 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/export_descr_buildings_enums.txt,131645
    11:14:10.277 [system.io] [info] open: found data/export_descr_buildings_enums.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    11:14:10.343 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/export_descr_buildings_enums.txt,,,-131645

Maybe you have either missed entry(ies) for some other faction/culture that can also get the building, or have named them wrong in export_buildings.txt.

in the case of market no other greek faction have special entries in export buildings. only bosphoran and some other factions like rome.
    about naming them wrong what i did was copy paste the bosphoran entry and changing
    {market_one_f_bosporan}
    to{market_one_f_cul_1} in all three entries
    .all the other is exactly the same
    Robert E. Howard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast