Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A Beginner's Guide to the Export_Descr_Unit

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: A Beginner's Guide to the Export_Descr_Unit

Thank you very much Ishan! Solved my problem!

You're welcome mate!

What is the difference between the damage types (Blunt, piercing, and slash)? Does affect damage or is it just sound?

EP!anastasi's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Savoyard View Post
    What is the difference between the damage types (Blunt, piercing, and slash)? Does affect damage or is it just sound?
    Hmmm, good question, i'd really like to know the answer, too. (i confess i haven't read all of the thread so i don't know if the answer lies somewhere inside it)
    I don't think it has to do with sound though, after reading this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythic_Commodore View Post
    Then there is the damage type (14, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 1). The available damage types are slashing, blunt, and piercing. After the damage type is the sound type (14, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 1). The sound types are none, spear, sword, axe, mace, and knife.
    Some other comments i'd like to make:
    A Guide to the export_descr_unit.txt file
    Pretty good guide! Easily one of the first ones i read on "this stuff" (if not THE 1st one, but my brain can only remember so much...) Actually i read it on another site first, heh
    http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...de/index.shtml
    Thank you, thank you, thank you Mythic_Commodore

general_unit_upgrade – Used in the Late General’s Bodyguards. Of course, they never show up, so this seems to be useless.
    They can show up, it's just been recently "discovered" how to do it.
    Implementing Marian Reforms in M2TW
    Quote Originally Posted by 1988matej View Post
    <snip> i won't preorder to get the dacian's, wont pay for the elephant dlc nor will i settle for a dumbed down game <snip>
    "My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!"

a great song ... and one more ... ok, one last

(\__/)
    ( O.o)
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Please help Bunny reach global domination by copying this message and pasting it to your own signature. Thank you!

Fred Putz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Putz View Post
    Hmm - in my political spectrum Nazism is always on the extreme stupid wing.
    jimkatalanos

Quote Originally Posted by jimkatalanos View Post
    Can someone delete this one temporarily?
    It's way too active and I am worried.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Taiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Honestly there is no ceremony while I sacrifice stuff
    Garbarsardar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    <snip> the behaviour of moderators is a clear example of the corruption that absolute power brings to these hitherto innocent kids. Jom, Hesus, Ishan, Giga, were a merry bunch of fellows until the DeletePostDemon went into them and made them do the unthinkable. Praise the lord. And pass the bucket.
    ~Gort~
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Gort~ View Post
    Irony is one of the few saving graces of humanity.
    irelandeb
    Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    What we understand is neglible compared to what we know we don't understand, never mind what we don't know we don't understand.
    Squid
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    It won't help, people will believe what they want to believe even when presented with incontrovertible proof to the contrary.
    Magicman2051
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicman2051 View Post
    Clarifying, I don't disagree with what I quoted, I don't agree with it either.
    Aradan
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    You do make sense.

TW fan's Avatar Libertus

What about the combat bonus in snow? I want to remove this bonus from some units but i dont understand wich line to delete

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

To modify the combat bonus in snow you have to change the forth value in this line:

"stat_ground 1, -2, 3, 2"

this is what the values mean
    scrub, sand, forest, snow
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

TW fan's Avatar Libertus

thank you

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

Is there any way to make units fire faster other then changing animations?
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Anyone ever encounter an upper limit to ammo? Is it equal for Main and Kingdoms?

Domesticus

Hello!

The value of spear_bonus_x (2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12) will be added to the value of the attack (in stat_pri) against the cavalry?

Example 1:
    stat_pri 14, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr spear_bonus_8

attack against cavalry: 14+8=22

Example 2:
    stat_pri 14, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr spear, long_pike, spear_bonus_8

attack against cavalry: 14+8+8=30 or 14+8=22 (in stat_pri_attr there is also the attribute spear "+8 in attack against cavalry" and "-4 in attack against infantry")

Let me know!

Thank you!
    Last edited by Crociato78; September 30, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

Domesticus

No one knows the answer?

I'd say the best you could do is try it out with your unit against cavalry. Some of that code is for animations and having a long pike keeps the enemy cavalry at a distance as well as allows for a phalanx formation, so you do not get hurt as much by their attack strength.

I have a couple of questions myself. There is a default value for the number of ranks but it never seems to do anything, as the formation is partly determined by the descr_formations_ai file. Is there anything one can do to set a minimum number of ranks (let's say 6 ranks), so that the unit can under no condition ever reform into less than 6 ranks (including also the human player's units)?

Secondly, the fire_by_rank attribute for musketeers seems to make a unit too passive, so that it stalls and often only fires in response to incoming fire. Are there any fixes, or ideas how to correct that? I tried a stall check in the config battle AI code, but it did not seem to do much. I used the code for stalled artillery during sieges within the missile-analyser, something along the lines

<stall-test>
    <!-- minimum number of ticks to collect before detecting a stall -->
    <minimum-samples>900</minimum-samples>
    <!-- track at most this number of samples -->
    <maximum-samples>1200</maximum-samples>
    </stall-test>

What do the "ticks" correspond to? Should this be very low, e.g. 1? Perhaps I need to check for stalls in battle_config? If anyone who has faced this problem with the fire-by-rank attribute had any suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

BM309K58SMERCH's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusJulius View Post
    Anyone ever encounter an upper limit to ammo? Is it equal for Main and Kingdoms?
    Maximum ammo limit: 100 ... Rocket Launchers can fire only 3 volleys, no matter what the number is.
    And yes, I believe it is equal for both Vanilla and Kingdoms.

Willowran's Avatar Domesticus

How can you put in "warcry" or "berserk" skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Willowran View Post
    How can you put in "warcry" or "berserk" skills?
    These skills aren't fully working in m2tw coding, they could potentially cause problems, here's some research on them:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ht=lock_morale

Nice one, i'll think i adjust the unit sizes now.

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial or discussion on naval battle mechanics? By which I mean how I can get different naval units to be balanced against each other, and things which are supposed to be better than others actually able to beat them?

Naval battles are pretty straight forward. Just adjust the stats according to how you feel they should be. Since they are auto-calced there is always a chance the weaker unit will win, but generally the one with the better stats will win. To make it less likely the weaker unit will win, give the stronger units more soldiers as well.
    Naval battles use the auto-calc mechanics defined in the <autoresolve> portion of the descr_campaign_db.xml

Quote Originally Posted by CavalryCmdr View Post
    Naval battles are pretty straight forward. Just adjust the stats according to how you feel they should be. Since they are auto-calced there is always a chance the weaker unit will win, but generally the one with the better stats will win. To make it less likely the weaker unit will win, give the stronger units more soldiers as well.
    Naval battles use the auto-calc mechanics defined in the <autoresolve> portion of the descr_campaign_db.xml
    Thank you for that. I had a suspicion that the number of soldiers might be an issue, this confirms it in my mind.

Is there a way to increase the unit sizes? As in if there is a unit with 120 men in it and I wanted to make it a 150 man unit, would that be possible?