Thread: fined a huge sum by the senate?

i'm playing the main campaign as the julii, and i'm at about 220BC. i control all of western board, and am expanding onto britain and germania. i have about 25 provinces at the moment.

my problem is that after failing a senate mission (blockading a random useless port on the other side of the map), i am fined 53896 denari, putting me in the red over 48k. i've reloaded from previous saves, and it happens every time. it's pretty much ruining my game.

why does this happen? is there any way to stop it? i need some advice, guys, i was really wanting to complete a roman campaign before i move on to something else (mmm...a faction with no senate *drool*).

thanks.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Ya sometimes the senate gives missions where the "reward" is if you fail being fined 50k+, or being investiagted by the quastor(sp?) for accounting irregularities. Sucks don't it.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Or just complete the stupid mission? It doesnt take that mutch time to set aside a fleet for senate missions. They always have to feel like the center of attention, they are just lame like that.

-ScienCe!

Recieve 50k penalty.

open console, type add_money 20000

save game

Restart game, repeat twice more.

Congratulations, the senate just awarded you 10000 denarii! Thanks senate!
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

Originally posted by GeneraL_ScienCe@Apr 6 2005, 04:34 PM
    Or just complete the stupid mission? It doesnt take that mutch time to set aside a fleet for senate missions. They always have to feel like the center of attention, they are just lame like that.

-ScienCe!
    it depends on how much time u get to complete the mission. sometimes they just giev a random mission which isnt really that much important, but then if u fail then one of ur family members would commit suicide or else lose senate honors.

lol, show me a pick where u fail a senate mission and u have to kill your family members! LOL, u only have to kill your faction leader when the senate feels threatend by you. Hahaha you dont kill your family just cuz u failed a mission, lol. If i were to do that, i would have no family :lol !

-ScienCe!

Default Re: fined a huge sum by the senate?

I HATE the senate. The tell me to go to war eith my allies. The senate shouldn't be your master. Failing missions only losses populartiary with the senate. The only popularity that counts is the people. It would be like having a slave back then. The master would never let the slave run the house. If its the quaser will investagate your faction for any finicial irregulars then do it, but if your ****** of at the senate ferget them.

Hmmm... this happened to me too, but not by the senate. I lost around 50k when I became a Protectorate to Egypt. Does this happen often?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus-Popat
    Hmmm... this happened to me too, but not by the senate. I lost around 50k when I became a Protectorate to Egypt. Does this happen often?
    your paying them money to keep away from you
    Si vis pacem, parem bellum
    If you seek peace, prepare for war
    -Publius Renatus

No... I actually demanded a lot and they accepted

HappeR's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by GeneraL_ScienCe
    lol, show me a pick where u fail a senate mission and u have to kill your family members! LOL, u only have to kill your faction leader when the senate feels threatend by you. Hahaha you dont kill your family just cuz u failed a mission, lol. If i were to do that, i would have no family :lol !

-ScienCe!
    The bastard senate forced me to kill my best field general for some reason...he was only 23 and no faction leader/heir...I didn't kill him and 'thinnend' (= assasinated some senate family members) the senate ranks

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Actually, a family member may commit suicide thanks to censor investigation. That is to say, the senate is going to throw the charge out there that your general isn't even a roman citizen (among other scandalous things). I don't think that occurs if there is a quaestor investigation...

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That is why it is always good to have the questor on your side. I was always being investigated for financial irregularities but the questor was always on my side. Take that SPQR.

orange slice's Avatar Ducenarius

you could always cheat to bring you to a normal balance , or you just might have to take the penalty

Member of the TWC History Club

Aemilianus's Avatar Imperial Legate

Usually, that only occurs if you've failed a bunch of senate missions beforehand and/or you're about to march on Rome. If so, simply set your armies up and do it, or refuse the suicide...something. The Senate can't make you do too much before you have the ability to kill them, and man is that sweet indeed (especially killing the 60 year old 9 star general they always seem to have, even though he's fought exactly 0 battles...).
    Under the honorable patronage of Kscott
    University of Maryland Class of 2007
    "Who would have known of Hector, if Troy had been happy? The road to valor is built by adversity." -Ovid