Thread: CTD when starting Campaign

Default CTD when starting Campaign

Hi,

I have been playing RTR for over a year now and have enjoyed it very much. Now my old laptop broke down and I had a new one...with VISTA.
    I have tried to install the latest RTR Platinium 1.9 over my RTW Gold Ed. (it tells me I dont need the BI v1.6 patch). But when I start up a campaign it CTD.
    I have read the sticky CTD thread and have been reading around the forum and the only solution I can find is to turn off the VISTA UAC.

I have troubble re-downloading all my old games from direct download place Gamersgate, but its of less importance....THIS (RTR) just needs to be working, cause its simply the best.

I can run RTW vanilla without problems, but......its just not fun when one have met the RTR Platinium

Kind regards...

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: CTD when starting Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerHue View Post
    Hi,

I have been playing RTR for over a year now and have enjoyed it very much. Now my old laptop broke down and I had a new one...with VISTA.
    I have tried to install the latest RTR Platinium 1.9 over my RTW Gold Ed. (it tells me I dont need the BI v1.6 patch). But when I start up a campaign it CTD.
    I have read the sticky CTD thread and have been reading around the forum and the only solution I can find is to turn off the VISTA UAC.

I have troubble re-downloading all my old games from direct download place Gamersgate, but its of less importance....THIS (RTR) just needs to be working, cause its simply the best.

I can run RTW vanilla without problems, but......its just not fun when one have met the RTR Platinium

Kind regards...
    the UAC you need to turn off before you install your RTW. If you have RTW gold you need to install no additional patches, but you can imediately install RTRPE (platinum). Have you done it like that?
    Science flies you to the moon.
    Religion flies you into buildings.

Victor Stenger

Default Re: CTD when starting Campaign

Hi Delvecchio,
    Thanx for your reply. I turned off the UAC before I downloaded the RTW game. But I will resinstall it and try again...
    Kind regards