Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empires Medieval

Default Empires Medieval

Does anyone know of a Medieval timeframe Mod for Empires? :hmmm:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Carthage Must Fall"
    - Cato The Elder

The Unstoppable Roman Legion
    Swords, Spears and Barbarians Historian
    A ETW mod
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Empires Medieval

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legate View Post
    Does anyone know of a Medieval timeframe Mod for Empires? :hmmm:
    Nope.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

I haven't ran around anything like that yet, but I am sure people will eventually attempt it. It has always been a popular idea to try and make iterations of previous games on a new TW engine, though few have actually accomplished it. It is no easy feat, and might even be impossible in this case, as the new engine looks to be more ranged combat oriented, unlike the previous games, which were melee-oriented. We'll have to wait for the game's release, in order to correctly estimate its moddability.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Well, seeing as there's a Rome-ish period idea, I'm sure one will come along sometime. Ther was a thread on how hard it will be to mod in certain melee units, like Pikemen and all that, but I'm sure it was pretty much certified there will be at least some spear units in Empires (with native Americans e.t.c).

I think it probablly will be moddable. Not only that, but with larger changes in how your faction works, like Protestantism v Catholacism, it'll probablly be possible to include things like two seperate Popes far better than MTWII could be modded to do.

Perhaps even the Republics and revolutions and all that could be downscaled, so you can have slightly more/less feudal countries with stuff like the Oxford Provisions and Magna Carta counting as a revolution of sorts. And of course an atcual Venetian "Republic" could be included (rather than the patchwork way the Ventian faction works in MTWII).

And, not to mention with the new way provinces are going to be working, perhaps it would be possible to 'Colonise' a piece of land and thus build brand new castle settlements. And with the much bigger Map possibilities, a large Europe map with a lot of settlements could be done.

Man, I'd like to see a mod like this very much. We'll just have to be patient I guess.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

The CBUR intands to create with the help of other teams too a mod with the time frame of 850-1066!!!
    A possible title might be Geting out of dark ages...or something relative!
    There is also a ship modeling competition to create the ships related to that era!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

I would have loved to play a medieval mod for Empire, that would have been great
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The CBUR intands to create with the help of other teams too a mod with the time frame of 850-1066!!!
    A possible title might be Geting out of dark ages...or something relative!
    And I'm in, if I can be of use.

For people like myself (and many others) the thought of a 18th century mod is of little excitment, but the thought of modding it, thats a different story.

If enough modders can get together, almost anything can be done (Just look at Dots) but I do worry if such a large scale mod is possible for the new engine. We'll just have to wait and see...

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

maybe one for 1500-1700 to begin with?

Phase's Avatar Senator

Something in the Charlemagne era I would find very exciting!

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

why would you make a medieval mod? m2TW forum is that way --->

dont see how you can make a melee based mod from a gunpowder based engine

Renaissance/Victorian sounds more reasonable
    You look great today.

Alkarin many melee units will still be in game...

i would like something like 1400 till 1700 where pikemen were used (better than in medieval 2) and we still had a large variety of swordsmen and heavy cavalry with armour. It would imho be interesting to have battlefields with different tactics and suddenly you are confronted to change your strategies and tactics when gunpowder comes along; on land and at sea.
    Technology would have major impacts as well and every battle would be different and not just the same charge with all your units but rather some will be against gunpowder units, others will be against armies still without these technological advaqces. This way you wouldn't get bored of seeing the same tactics most of the time.
    We would still have the american indians to fight (aztecs, mayans, incas) and spain doesn't have to be the first to reach the americas...like medieval 2 but earlier in the game and you won't be the only one actually reaching america...plus it won't be an unhistorical wierd map. And then there is India, etc. The Byzantine empire still alive but struggling(will you restore it to its greatest). It would be during the rennaissance(will you develop new technologies before other powers), Spain (will you discover America,become the richest kingdom in the planet, defeat England with your Gran Armada and show them your inviciblility of your Tercios, defeat the Ottomans and protect Christianity, conquer Incas and Aztecs, gain control of the Holy Roman Empire, etc), Timurids(will you destroy the mamaluks and ottomans to become ruler of all the middle east), rise of Ottomans(will you defeat the Timurids, Mamuluks, Byzantines, Hungarians and establish a fleet strong enough to defeat the Venicians or even the Spanish later on?), Continued Hundreds Year war between england and france with the battle of Agincourt in 1415 and Joan of Arc afterwards, the breakup of the Golden horde into different mongol empires(will you prevent this and conwuer the world like Genigis kahn), Stop Ottoman conquest at Vienna, Ming Dynasty of China defeat theportugese invaders, set upo trade with them or cut yourself out of the world. Will you as the Holy roman Empire defeat the Papal forces and sack Rome, or maybe struggle to maintain independence and conquer other italian cities as venice or florence. Maybe prevent Sweden from gaining independence in the Kalmar Union or ressist English attacks in Scotland. There are millions of important events which occured during this time such as the start of Ducth greatness or ressisstance against the mongols in Russia.

With wars such as the great Northern War, the War of Spanish Succession, the Russo-Turkisj War, Russo-Persian War, Anglo-Spanish War, War of Polish Succession, The Great Turkish War, Thirty Years War, End but the most intreguing part of the Hundred Years War, European colonization of America, Dutch revolt, English Civil War and other events.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by spanish_emperor View Post
    i would like something like 1400 till 1700 where pikemen were used (better than in medieval 2) and we still had a large variety of swordsmen and heavy cavalry with armour. It would imho be interesting to have battlefields with different tactics and suddenly you are confronted to change your strategies and tactics when gunpowder comes along; on land and at sea.
    Technology would have major impacts as well and every battle would be different and not just the same charge with all your units but rather some will be against gunpowder units, others will be against armies still without these technological advaqces. This way you wouldn't get bored of seeing the same tactics most of the time.
    We would still have the american indians to fight (aztecs, mayans, incas) and spain doesn't have to be the first to reach the americas...like medieval 2 but earlier in the game and you won't be the only one actually reaching america...plus it won't be an unhistorical wierd map. And then there is India, etc. The Byzantine empire still alive but struggling(will you restore it to its greatest). It would be during the rennaissance(will you develop new technologies before other powers), Spain (will you discover America,become the richest kingdom in the planet, defeat England with your Gran Armada and show them your inviciblility of your Tercios, defeat the Ottomans and protect Christianity, conquer Incas and Aztecs, gain control of the Holy Roman Empire, etc), Timurids(will you destroy the mamaluks and ottomans to become ruler of all the middle east), rise of Ottomans(will you defeat the Timurids, Mamuluks, Byzantines, Hungarians and establish a fleet strong enough to defeat the Venicians or even the Spanish later on?), Continued Hundreds Year war between england and france with the battle of Agincourt in 1415 and Joan of Arc afterwards, the breakup of the Golden horde into different mongol empires(will you prevent this and conwuer the world like Genigis kahn), Stop Ottoman conquest at Vienna, Ming Dynasty of China defeat theportugese invaders, set upo trade with them or cut yourself out of the world. Will you as the Holy roman Empire defeat the Papal forces and sack Rome, or maybe struggle to maintain independence and conquer other italian cities as venice or florence. Maybe prevent Sweden from gaining independence in the Kalmar Union or ressist English attacks in Scotland. There are millions of important events which occured during this time such as the start of Ducth greatness or ressisstance against the mongols in Russia.

With wars such as the great Northern War, the War of Spanish Succession, the Russo-Turkisj War, Russo-Persian War, Anglo-Spanish War, War of Polish Succession, The Great Turkish War, Thirty Years War, End but the most intreguing part of the Hundred Years War, European colonization of America, Dutch revolt, English Civil War and other events.
    I agree, a mod in that time frame would be great. I think Empire keeps enough melee/cavalry features to make it feasible, too. I just don't know about (non-gunpowder) siege weapons.

If a "medieval" mod would be in "late" era would require much more modding attempts that a version of an early ear aone...
    For example more ship models...
    The modding expirience that already has gathered shows that extremly ambicius progects and dead in a rate of 95%...We do not want that...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

But it is much a harder to create a mod using a different kind of siege weapons and ships, no?

Both attempts would be extremely hard and time consuming, we really can't know which one would be easiest until we can check out ETW itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Coat View Post
    But it is much a harder to create a mod using a different kind of siege weapons and ships, no?

Both attempts would be extremely hard and time consuming, we really can't know which one would be easiest until we can check out ETW itself.
    You are right...we have to wait and see...That is why CBUR and other Modding Teams are creating a M2TW "guide" for a ETW moddification...

Italian Wars late 15th - late 16th century were an interesting period, lots of technology changes, some solid medieval-style battles onwards into pike-and-shot, a limited but interesting list of factions (Italian States, France, HRE, Hungary, Ottomans, off-map Spain etc), plenty of naval combat, and also a relatively limited geographical area. Mod could be developed chronologically step-by-step to keep expectations and progress realistic, with new units and sub-campaigns released as it progressed, with a grand campaign once all units were completed. Its ideal IMHO.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

It will be interesting to see if there's a way use much of the work done on late medieval modding from m2tw/kingdoms using the etw engine.

Default Medieval mod

there shud be a mod 4 medieval time becuz the new tech will allow more realistic battles, i am going to drawup sum skins nd weapona if anyone wanna help put messege on me

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Merged Medieval era mod for Empire threads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast