Thread: TODO:

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default TODO:

Possible changes for next version:

1. Add "Allied State" government type. It provides a quick and cheap way to subdue conquered regions, by NOT governing and effectively removing future incomes and military value.
    2. Change unit recruitment time to either 0 turn or 1 turn. The current settings are painfully slow (as in RTR) and I found myself rather spending big bucks to hire mercenaries....
    3. New Bactrian units, as suggested by The Guy With No Imagination.
    4. New units from FOE... I hope it'll get released soon..
    5. Post-marian auxiliary units for Romans.
    6. German general cavalry changed to the leather-armoured 'Thunoraz Húsaz' but keep original name; The original & heavier type becomes recruitable.
    7. Numidian general cavalry changed to the 'Noble Cavalry' but keep original name; The original & heavier type becomes recruitable.

Now I'm going to play chivalry
    Last edited by AqD; January 26, 2009 at 02:29 AM.

Default Re: TODO:

Wow nice additions. I have the same problems with hiring troops mate.
    About Romans I would really love to see new ones.
    I am fundamentally a Roman player so... ;-)

Yes, good. Citizenship buildings are a boring pain as well, as with most buildings.
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

One thing. Just don't make any units with 0 turns to recruit. That's the only thing I found annoying and a bit unrealistic from Chiv.

Remember, at least 1 turn!!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

No no no. Well, there is nothing realistic in any recruitment systems in RTW because you can only have one slot per city for recruiting. In real world there is no such limitation, but you have to spend many years to establish an infrustrature and one or two decades to train elite units from childhood (and pay a lot of money during the process).

So it's modded solely for gameplay - 1-turn is painfully slow and it caused me to rely on more and more mercenaries. That's very bad. I'll change all unit recruitments to either 0 turn or 1 turn in next version.

1 turn isn't that slow. You don't want to expand your empire too fast.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

No but there is just no point of waiting. Romans were able to raise new legionaries in a few months, and so were the Parthians, Armenians, and basically all factions except for those who lacked manpower (greeks)

The doubled cost and increased upkeep can counter unit spamming, so 0-turn should be all right.
    Last edited by AqD; January 29, 2009 at 12:10 PM.

That's true. Romans were able to recruit legions fast because they had a very efficient system. So 1 turn is made for this. For those factions like greeks you can modify the recruitment time to more than 1 turn or going up with cost of recruitment.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

I'm curious--how will you balance the unit cost for different difficulty levels? A cost that would effectively throttle army recruitment on M might allow stack spamming on VH.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

They cannot do stack spamming even with scripted money + VH, because both of buildings and units cost much more money. It's so difficult that without scripted money AI would just die hopelessly in M/H campaign

A shame that you can't change reruitment time via EDB

Or is there a way?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

No but you can use traits to change recruitment cost. I give AI that bonus too

Ah ok

Is there also a trait to reduce recruitment time? If you reduce it by 100% you can control where you have 0-turn recruitment and where you don't have that...

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

no such trait i'm afraid...... But the cost itself should be enough to prevent unit spamming. In my last campaign as Germans, VH/M. I conquered entire gaul and rome in 30 (or 40?) years, get $10,000+ denarii per turn, but I still have problem raising new units to deal with rebels....

Please? (1 turn)