Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does this game work?

Indefinitely Banned

Default How does this game work?

Is it wander around a world a la Oblivion, or is it spend your time looking at a map and occassionaly gp into the world like Pirates of the Carribbean on the original Xbox?
    Last edited by The Super Pope; January 22, 2009 at 08:01 PM.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Default Re: How does this game work?

ah, so you would like to know what your goal is supposed to be? or how you get anywhere?
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Indefinitely Banned

How it plays. I've gathered that there is no goal to it. And is it really that ugly?

You can play the game with no restrictions up to a certain level, I'd suggest that as opposed to having someone describe it to you.

Yep, download it at taleworlds.com. You get to play the full version for 30 IG days or up to level 8. Despite the graphics not being top-notch, it's very fun.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Indefinitely Banned

Downloading now. Unfortunately, it will take 108 hours.

EDIT: Download has stopped working, and it won't let me re-download it. God, Vista is a bag of

EDIT 2: Downloading an old version from file front, estimated time of 15 minutes

EDIT 3: Right, I downloaded. However, it is slow and jerky as to be almost unplayable. I went on settings, it said I was running at 86% performance. I slashed al graphics options so it said I had 108% performance and it was still slow and unplayable
    Last edited by The Super Pope; January 23, 2009 at 07:39 AM.

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

THe pirate of the Carribean comparisons is an apt one. Only inept game reviewers would chose the oblivion comparison...

What are you specs, Super Pope ? I'm running it on a 3-4 years old laptop, with a next to non-existent graphical card, AND I'm playing through WINE on Ubuntu, settings at 130% and while it's definately jerky, especially in cities, I can still play...

Also keep in mind the older versions aren't as optimized.

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

There isn't really a story (unfortunately), but you can still do a lot of things. Villages and Lords will give you quests, and you can join a faction and go to war with other armies. It does get old after a while, but the game is still really fun imo.

This game really is about endless, intense, mindless combat. If you don't like that, you won't like this game. If you like endless action, then there isn't anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Super Pope View Post
    Downloading now. Unfortunately, it will take 108 hours.

EDIT: Download has stopped working, and it won't let me re-download it. God, Vista is a bag of

EDIT 2: Downloading an old version from file front, estimated time of 15 minutes

EDIT 3: Right, I downloaded. However, it is slow and jerky as to be almost unplayable. I went on settings, it said I was running at 86% performance. I slashed al graphics options so it said I had 108% performance and it was still slow and unplayable
    Don't try an old version. Just try re-downloading v1.011 again.

Indefinitely Banned

I've sorted out my teething problems, and i have to admit I'm impressed. My first tournament was probably the best melee combat of any game I've ever played.

However there are problems. Not being able to get away from a superior enemy force is a real pain in the arse, and time and again I've lost everything after being captured at the start. I've restarted umpteen million times. I might get it, I might not. I'm not sure how long I could play before I get bored of going round and doing all the tournaments.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sidus Preclarum View Post
    THe pirate of the Carribean comparisons is an apt one. Only inept game reviewers would chose the oblivion comparison...

What are you specs, Super Pope ? I'm running it on a 3-4 years old laptop, with a next to non-existent graphical card, AND I'm playing through WINE on Ubuntu, settings at 130% and while it's definately jerky, especially in cities, I can still play...
    I've got 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard drive, 128mb video card (not sure about that one, it runs Medieval 2 fine so I assume it's 128)

Use your tournament money to buy mercs and recruits from villages, with that army you can actually fight your enemies.

that's really strange, as I cant run M2tw very well at all, but I almost have no lag on M&B.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knight of virtue and valor View Post
    that's really strange, as I cant run M2tw very well at all, but I almost have no lag on M&B.
    I don't have now, all I needed to do was reboot.

good for you.

GreatOne's Avatar Ordinarius

Its like RTW really, play until you get tired of it.Play as a merchant, mercenary, tournament competitor.Conquer the world, lay low and enjoy peaceful existence.No goal except your egos desire......

~kovavs sig-its member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOne View Post
    Its like RTW really, play until you get tired of it.Play as a merchant, mercenary, tournament competitor.Conquer the world, lay low and enjoy peaceful existence.No goal except your egos desire......

~kovavs sig-its member
    whats that supposed to mean:hmmm:?

Georgy Zhukov's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by knight of virtue and valor View Post
    [/b] whats that supposed to mean:hmmm:?
    It means "meet us at the chapter house" for us of the Masons guild.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast