Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adolf Hitler: Evil or Insane?

Default Re: Adolf Hitler: Evil or Insane?

Neither?

He was neither evil nor insane - egocentric, autocratic, opinionated and a loner yes.

Steel of Fury - read about his life before you make such false statements.

Hitler was an illegitimate child. Born to a maid, Maria, Anna Schicklgruber, of a small farmer, names Johann Trummelschlager in Strones Number 13.
    She married 5 years later the mill worker, Johann Georg Hiedler. Hitler was given to his brother, Johann Nepomuk Huettler in Spittal/Austria; his mother hoped that he would have a better upbringing.

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Chaghatai Khan View Post
    it made sense to you? :hmmm:

as far as I am concerned he was the original emo kid :

Not even Hitler is so evil, come on...

He was quite insane, yes...
    Evil, not really...
    Miss me yet?

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

bat insane.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Babur's Avatar ز آفتاب درخشان ستاره می

Quote Originally Posted by IPA35 View Post
    Not even Hitler is so evil, come on...

He was quite insane, yes...
    Evil, not really...
    how was he not evil?
    Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Not as evil as 'the first emo kid'.
    Miss me yet?

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

He went insane with his Jew hate, even though they fought in WWI as well, even though they saved his life. If he wouldn't have commited genocide I might have had a little respect of him, though still not alot seeing the cowardly tactics he ordered!

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx300 View Post
    He went insane with his Jew hate, even though they fought in WWI as well, even though they saved his life. If he wouldn't have commited genocide I might have had a little respect of him, though still not alot seeing the cowardly tactics he ordered!
    There were rumors going around that the Jews were scheming with the Soviets to humiliate Germany....

Does it weighs up to actually bomb a city and civilians to win a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx300 View Post
    Does it weighs up to actually bomb a city and civilians to win a fight?
    Look at the timeline to see who bombed who first. I guarantee it was the British who bombed Berlin before the Germans bombed London. Why? Because the Luftwaffe was up until that point trouncing the RAF as bombardments were concentrated on military airports and parts of the military infrastructure. Churchill bombed Berlin to get Hitler to react the way he did: divert the bombers to a useless target (London) and give the RAF time to rebuild.

The Germans are really given a bad rep when it comes to air warfare. At least they used precision divebombers to prevent collateral damage. The British on the other hand were the only people in WW2 to not use this accurate bombardment method, instead resorting to carpet bombing.
    Last edited by Romano-Dacis; January 26, 2009 at 11:46 AM.

Phoebus's Avatar εις οιωνος αριστος...

Why are being evil or insane mutually exclusive?

Spartacus the Irish's Avatar Tally Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Romano-Dacis View Post
    Look at the timeline to see who bombed who first. I guarantee it was the British who bombed Berlin before the Germans bombed London. Why? Because the Luftwaffe was up until that point trouncing the RAF as bombardments were concentrated on military airports and parts of the military infrastructure. Churchill bombed Berlin to get Hitler to react the way he did: divert the bombers to a useless target (London) and give the RAF time to rebuild.
    I highly doubt Churchill knew, or even believed, that Hitler would react in the way he did. And London was bombed on the 24th August (accidentally, but bombs fell on Islington and Bethnal Green), the first British retaliatory raid on Berlin was 25th August - get your facts right.

The Germans are really given a bad rep when it comes to air warfare. At least they used precision divebombers to prevent collateral damage. The British on the other hand were the only people in WW2 to not use this accurate bombardment method, instead resorting to carpet bombing.
    Guernica? Warsaw? Rotterdam?
    At Warsaw they shovelled incendiaries out of Ju52 sidedoors - how does this 'prevent collateral'? He111s had their bombs stacked vertically, thus they tumbled as they were released, making accurate bombing impossible - how is this 'precision divebombing'?
    Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    how do you suggest a battleship fire directly at tanks...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus the Irish View Post
    I don't suggest it. Battleships were, believe it or not, not anti-tank weapons.

Bovril's Avatar Primicerius
    Civitate Patrician

The British on the other hand were the only people in WW2 to not use this accurate bombardment method, instead resorting to carpet bombing.
    I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you implying that the British never used precision techniques? Surely not, that would be staggeringly ignorant. Are you saying that the British used carpet bombing significantly more than other countries in WW2. Again, the attacks on places like Minsk, Dresden (US also participated) and Tokyo make such a statement seem absurd. So what exactly are you saying? If you're simply saying that the British never used dive bombing as a significant tactic (though two British dive bombers were develloped by the navy in WW2), what of it? Its hardly the only precision technique, and since its largely used in open battles and against isolated military targets such as airfields, reducing civilian casualties cannot be said to be one of its major advantages. Its not like the Germans used stukas to attack London!
    Last edited by Bovril; January 26, 2009 at 03:10 PM.

I was actually refering to Rotterdam, and the treatening to bomb other cities if the Dutch wouldn't capitulate.

But yeah, I gues I was a bit vague on that.

tree151's Avatar Semisalis

Hitler was both evil and insane. Not only murdering 6 million jews, with a couple more houndred thousand other residents of europe, he also saught to conquer all Europe. yep, he was mostly insane and crazy.
    "Failure is not an option. It's already included in the software."

Bovril's Avatar Primicerius
    Civitate Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by tree151 View Post
    with a couple more houndred thousand other residents of europe
    Several million non-Jews were killed in concentration camps alone, including between about 200,000 and 400,000 Romanies.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Fridericus Rex View Post
    Hitler was an illegitimate child. Born to a maid, Maria Anna Schicklgruber, of a small farmer, names Johann Trummelschlager in Strones Number 13.
    She married 5 years later the mill worker, Johann Georg Hiedler. Hitler was given to his brother, Johann Nepomuk Huettler in Spittal/Austria; his mother hoped that he would have a better upbringing.
    What the hell are you talking about? Adolph Hitler was the son of Alois Schicklgruber. His mother was Klara Pölzl. It's Alois' father that is in doubt by historians; Johann Georg Hiedler was Alois' stepfather and the likeliest candidate to be his birth father.
    Alois was, by all accounts, a brutal and abusive father who regularly physically and verbally abused his son. Adolph Hitler probably had an inferiority complex due to his father's actions, which led to him having an inflated sense of self-importance and superiority to compensate for that.

Smeel's Avatar Semisalis

Right now I'm reading a book, Hitler, a study in tyrany by Alan Bullock. Actually a good read so far, I recommend it. With that in reference I'd say Hitler wanted power for the sake of having power, and while not being simply Evil(it's never that easy), he was utterly ruthless, and having no second thoughts about manipulating and exploit people who actually believed in his visions and speeches, all for having his goals met. And after 10 years, he actually believed his own he used to get to power.

Intelligent, rutless, lazy, manipulative, powerhungry and during his rise, extremely lucky to the point of it being silly. And of course, in the end he was rather insane too.
    Last edited by Smeel; January 27, 2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: added some stuff.

Maximilian - Oh My, another uneducated "historian".

Hitlers name was Alois Schickelhuber; he changed his name to Adolf Hitler.

I suggest you read Hitlers Biography by Joachim C. Fest; its the most comprehensive Biography of Adolf Hitler.

Hitler's early years and family background is provided in great details on page 29.
    I tried to scan that particular page for you but my scanner is giving problems.
    It's in German, but no problem for you of course!

I am interested in that period myself, since I lived through most of it.

Rex
    Last edited by Fridericus Rex; January 28, 2009 at 03:38 PM.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by IPA35 View Post
    Not as evil as 'the first emo kid'.
    QTF... Just imagine a World without such horrors as Tokio Hotel...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast