Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adolf Hitler: Evil or Insane?

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Default Adolf Hitler: Evil or Insane?

In my opinion Hitler was originally a good man, An artist, a loyal soldier, It appears to me that he lost his mind after becoming Chancellor "There is a theory this is from syphilis" I consider Hitler a great man who unified a divided country and made it into a world power in just 8 years. I mean just think of if he was a good guy? What is your opinion?

Babur's Avatar ز آفتاب درخشان ستاره می

Default Re: Adolf Hitler: Evil or Insane?

I would say that he was both evil and insane.
    Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Both, although the fact that he still did fall in love proves that he was still human and not a monster...
    Last edited by Ishan; June 01, 2012 at 11:38 PM.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

This sounds like a game show question. You could spend years trying to assess the man's psyche and all that would come of it are more theories and thinking yourself an orange.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Both, although the fact that he still did fall in love proves that he was still human and not a monster...
    Well the German film Downfall showed that to an extent...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaghatai Khan View Post
    Well the German film Downfall showed that to an extent...
    I have read Mein Kampf and many of the things made sense, the others were all half propaganda half madness.. But before he became chancellor he was a lot different than he later became.. I do not think he was really evil I don't really know of any evil painters do you?

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by chris olaf
    I have read Mein Kampf and many of the things made sense, the others were all half propaganda half madness.. But before he became chancellor he was a lot different than he later became.. I do not think he was really evil I don't really know of any evil painters do you?
    I dunno, I guess he just wanted to get into power by playing on the fury of his people, then ended up eating his own BS about a master race and all that ...or he was just evil/bonkers from the beginning, your pick.
    ________
    DAIHATSU TERIOS
    Last edited by Barry Goldwater; March 13, 2011 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris olaf View Post
    it made sense to you? :hmmm:

as far as I am concerned he was the original emo kid :

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

ahh I love that I'd vote both.
    according to exarch I am like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Evil or insane? You make it sound like they're mutually exclusive...

Under the stern but loving patronage of Nihil.

gambit's Avatar Gorak

I wouldnt say he's insane, he had a twisted view. His mental deterioration from diseases didnt become very evident until a bit into WW2.

He was just a dickhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

I think he went partially mad near the end of the war, but not during his rise.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think he was one of the worst monsters the world ever produced.Evil and insane.

Having said that I think alot of other baddies get a pass while he is the poster boy for:
    Worst human being ever,worst dictator ever ect........

It frustrating to know that Stalin and Mao pretty much get a pass while Adolf gets all the attention.

Sure people know somewhat about what went on when they led there nations but by and large they just shrug there shoulders and say: "eh there no Hitler,how bad could they be?":hmmm:
    Last edited by Scipio Afracanis; January 22, 2009 at 09:58 PM.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Domesticus

You could say his insanity made him evil...or his evilness made him insane...now i am confused...lets just say hes a big douche

Wolfcp11's Avatar Senator

Errm, half the book is hating Jews and Slavs, glorifying killing people, and manipulating the rest.
    "Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." -Oscar Wilde

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Adolf Hitler was both evil and insane. Period. He certainly was not moral, just, and kind, nor was he mentally or emotionally sane.

P.S. I also believe Hitler was the original "Emo." He started that sub-culture.

Gerald The Herald's Avatar Biarchus
    Republic of Wookieland,somewhere far away in the Galaxy

In my opinion Hitler was originally a good man, An artist, a loyal soldier, It appears to me that he lost his mind after becoming Chancellor "There is a theory this is from syphilis" I consider Hitler a great man who unified a divided country and made it into a world power in just 8 years. I mean just think of if he was a good guy? What is your opinion?

A divided area of land? It's called internationally accepted borders. Austria and the Rhineland was preposterous, but Poland, Czechoslovakia, France!?
    To make Deutschland great is one thing, to make it great via breaking all treaties signed beforehand and invading, occupying and oppressing nations is another

Define a "good guy/ man". In my opinion, the only reason (other than intimidating and brutally eliminating political opponents) of his rise in the Reichstag was the dire situation germany faced at that time. In short, he was at the right place, at the right time.

In summary, he was both evil, insane as well as utterly inept.

(His artwork was rejected for a reason, you know)
    Last edited by Gerald The Herald; January 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM.

No change in the balance of political parties can alter the general determination that no class should be excluded from contributing to and sharing responsibility for the state. - Gustav Stresemann

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

An idealist, romanticist and patriot who became drunk with power and descended into insanity. as far as 'evil'.....for sure, once he became deluded enough with his own brilliance and infallibility, and his whacko concept of unchangeable destiny, the door was opened for that to enter.

I consider Hitler a great man who unified a divided country and made it into a world power in just 8 years.
    He tried to make germany a world power but failed miserably. Germany's rise made by the NSDAP was built on quicksand and would have ended with her bankrupcy if they hadn't started a war first.

He actually failed at pretty much everything but his election to power. He was good at talking trash. For some reason the Germans at the time bought into that. Proof that not only Americans can be stupid voters.

An idealist, romanticist and patriot
    this is pretty offensive to any idealists, romaticists and patriots out there. Given that he had his own comrades executed in the Röhm coup he was no idealist, he was powerhungry. I don't see where he ever was a romanticist. Dellusional maybe. He was not a patriot but a nationalist.

Hitler had a screw loose long before he came into power (He talked nonsense before he was elected as Thomas Mann once pointed out quite neatly in a short article). Was he evil? His actions were. If he had been allowed to become an artist he might have become this polite, harmless homeless person in the street... sadly, history ran another course.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Quote Originally Posted by boofhead View Post
    An idealist, romanticist and patriot who became drunk with power and descended into insanity. as far as 'evil'.....for sure, once he became deluded enough with his own brilliance and infallibility, and his whacko concept of unchangeable destiny, the door was opened for that to enter.
    This was what I was trying to say which you said much better than I could lol.

As for Mein Kampf making sense I mean that I can somewhat identify with what he was feeling. He was depressed that nobody like his art (which he blamed on everyone else) Alot of it does point to him being patriotic at first..I remember one passage talking about how he wanted nothing more in his life but to be a part of the great reich..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast