Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post your empires here!

Default Re: Post your empires here!

Had most of the world with skudata and most of the middle east with Saba...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My kyrenen empire.

Damn, nice job. I never have luck with those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    Damn, nice job. I never have luck with those guys.
    I've never played a proper campaign with the Kyrenians before. But if you just steam roll Egypt as soon as possible you should be alright. Egypt has terrible infantry compared to the Kyrenians, and archers do pretty much nothing to well armoured hoplites in this mod. Actually come to think of it I've only played one or two mods where archers are actually useful against armoured units.

Visiar's Avatar Centenarius

My persian empire. M/M difficulty

"I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right"
    -Billy Graham
    When did you become interested in politics?
    The very instant I became old.

Reinstalled it and started a new campaign with Persia. This is the progress so far.

IT KEEPS CTDing! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

To contribute, here is my Egyptian campaign so far

My only regret is losing Tanis. I could have spent money on defending it, but i think conquering Kush was better in the long run. Just one question, Is the hoplite or the royal guard the best unit?

The royal guard is more expensive and have more men so it seems like them, but my hoplites are supposed to be the most advanced in the world. They don't even use their spears, though... that must make them worse then the stats would make it seem?

Suprising that this mod isn't more popular, i would think that alot of people would be interested in this period

BTW i have found a way to add force diplomacy to this mod... If anyone is interested contact me

After reinstalling ROP a couple of times due to various errors, I've started another campaign with Persia. That being said I've probably jinxed myself because it's usually about this far into the campaign that my build of ROP gets a bad case of the gremlins.
    Anyway this is my progress so far, 549BC:

Rather than trying to put up with my usual problem with hoplites. I decided to put an army on some ships and sail straight for Ionia, rather than conquering Lydia first. I took Halicarnasus off the Ionians and rather than wait loads of turns to have it settled properly I just passed it off to the Lydians once I got it. Hopefully they'll bring up the amount of support for monarchy before I come back and take it off them again (do the Lydians use monarchy, or something else?).

Sabazios's Avatar Semisalis

My Tarentine empire is complete

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Here is my small nation of Democratic Athens/Greece:

I kinda RP'd my game out which is why I didn't expand all over the place.

Athenic-Greece is divided into three main provences, "Democratic Greece", (roughly the regions covering the modern day country plus the islands of Rhodes and Crete) and " Democratic Italy" (in the process of being "shown" the joys of Athenian democracy) are under a democratic system of government. Democratic Greece was established not long after 550 B.C. Sparta was absorbed first, then Macedonia. Surrounding independent city states followed. The Islands of Crete and Rhodes would later join in the 530's. The Bessoi would be absorbed shortly after a brief war. In the 520's the Taratine cities would join as well. However due to their well established Oligarchy, two Greek armies were sent to the island to put down any unrest from the Oligarchists.

The other provence being the "Northern Barbarian State" (Everything to the North of Greece) which is under an Oligarchist system since the Greeks deemed the tribes too uncivilized and unsafe to have self rule. Around 537 B.C. two generals approached the Athenian Democratic Council asking to be given permission to invade and civilize the barbarians to the north. They were given invasion armies and sent off. They would push along the Balken coast to the north and established the Northern Barbarian State. One of the generals would then begin to push to the east but would succomb to old age before being able to reach the black sea coast.

Now in 514 B.C. Greece is very prosperous with trade. The one remaining Oligarchist family member (old fellow, in his late 50's), resides and helps rule in the northern state. Most aspiring politicians travel to the Athens to learn about democratic government, management, and the arts. Military Wise, Greece has four active main armies, however if there is need mercenaries and local population will be conscripted and formed into temporary armies. Most excess funds are given to help Greece's allies, the Ionian Empire and the Cyrenic Kingdom, expand Greek culture and influence where Athens cannot.

Wow, how did Kyrene and the Ionians form that "beatiful" empires as well.

Looks like total Greek dominance. Babylon , Lydia ans Egypt just replaced, very nice^^
    Your empire too, of course^^

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Berak Eisenfaust View Post
    Wow, how did Kyrene and the Ionians form that "beatiful" empires as well.

Looks like total Greek dominance. Babylon , Lydia ans Egypt just replaced, very nice^^
    Your empire too, of course^^
    I gave the Ionians and Kyrene around 30,000 each for a few turns and requested they attack Babylon, Persia, and Kemet. Persia is pretty much down to one or two provences (which are under seige from Ionia and India) with India controlling a large swath of the eastern portion of the map. Mada is starting to break up in the east from barbarian pressure (as well as Indian I suppose, haven't checked to see if they're at war).

I assume its only a matter of time before Kyrene and Ionia go at it. I might just launch an invasion of Asia minor soon. Its well under defended and I'm a terrible ally like that. Athenian Democracy must be spread to all the known world!

This is my Lydian Empire.

I began with crushing Ionia, then Mede and the Babylonians attacked me. While crushing them with my favourable commander Alixantrus and my King Kroisos (and later, now by far best guy his son Natas), some other people in the west conyuered all the islands: Beginning with Mytilene (was still Ionian), then rhodes, cypros, crete (which i took EMPTY from the kyrenaians - after they had invaded rhodes) and euböa.

As u see on the first picture (my ships are blocking all three ports of them) i´m moving towards athens now, because they are killing my allies, the spartans at the moment, they have only 6 units in two twones left...Makedon are also allies of mine.

I´m also going to attack Bessoi soon to expand in north balcan (where i took some independant stuff (pic two) and maybe the scythians.

On the other pics u see the rest of my empire, based on the mede and babylonic lands...mede were harder than babylon, the chariot guards are very weak...but they made some good retreat tactics, but as u see i´ve taken Babylon (city) now and the last army besieging one of my cities will soon fall.
    The rest of Babylon is behind the egyptians, wich might also come next after i finished mede.
    Persians are my allies, and i guess i keep them to be a wall against magadha, in the rankings by far strongest empire after me

Well, so long, hope u enjoy the screens a bit.

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    After reinstalling ROP a couple of times due to various errors, I've started another campaign with Persia. That being said I've probably jinxed myself because it's usually about this far into the campaign that my build of ROP gets a bad case of the gremlins.
    Anyway this is my progress so far, 549BC:

Rather than trying to put up with my usual problem with hoplites. I decided to put an army on some ships and sail straight for Ionia, rather than conquering Lydia first. I took Halicarnasus off the Ionians and rather than wait loads of turns to have it settled properly I just passed it off to the Lydians once I got it. Hopefully they'll bring up the amount of support for monarchy before I come back and take it off them again (do the Lydians use monarchy, or something else?).
    Wow, my empire is virtually exactly the same... and on the same year!

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

Have only just begun this mod, with Persia ofc :-). Am loving their units.

Not much to brag about yet, expanding to the east, trying not to give India to much ground, working so far, they still only got 1 province ^^.

I'll report my progress from time to time

Edit: Is it the Prince of Persia font they used for the menu header? :-)
    Last edited by Béset; June 26, 2010 at 03:39 AM.

Here is my Achaemenid Empire in 547 BC. Playing M/M with huge unit size.
    The later could be the reason for my problems with low money and not much population in my towns.

I started my campaign with a war against Media and conquering their towns till Gazaka near the Caucasus (and some rebell territories to the north and east meanwhile). I only could-shouldered the median town Bagastana. But then their allies the Babylonians sent two stacks against my homeland, the Persis. After defeating them I conquered their rich town Susim. Unfortunately king Nabu-naid was not inactive. He opened a second front in Media and captured Hagmatana. But I stroke back by conquering his glorious capital Bab-Ilu and killing Nabu-naid who defended the town himself. This was three turns before the screenshot.

Now in 547 bc I have sent reinforcements from Pasargadae to siege Ur (down to the right on the screenshot). A second army recruited in Raga is sieging Hagmatana and my main force marched from Babylon to Assur. You can see their units on the panell (and the army one tile away from Assur). My faction leader Kurus (under the cursor) protected by a unit of Anusyia comes from Gazaka to lead the conquest of Assur. Finally a small detachment recruited in the Persis is two tiles away from Susim. With the additionally trained troops there I will siege Bagastana to rule whole Iran and Mesopotamia undisputed

My faction leader, now retired from military service, and the glorious Tarentine Empire.

Persia 534BC. Slowly getting there. Almost done.

Edit: I have since finished this campaign and am just finishing up. Will post update soon.
    2nd Edit: Since posting this ROP has completely pooed itself and crashes when I end the turn. I'll post more if I can get it working again.
    Last edited by kdub22; July 10, 2010 at 10:40 PM.

King Patrick's Avatar Tiro
    Ireland in the ancient Kingdom but now province of Connacht!

I am not sure if any of you know this but King Kurus is Cyrus the Great, and his son is also Cambyses and then Darius. I historically followed the campaign of Cyrus and my armys are huge! My territory is growing rapidly.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast