View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in mays general election and why?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Labour?

26 29.55%
  • Tory?

15 17.05%
  • Other, and who?

12 13.64%
  • Labour ( non British )?

7 7.95%
  • Tory ( Non British )?

7 7.95%
  • Liberal Democrat (not British)?

17 19.32%
  • Other (not British)?

4 4.55%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: UK General Election 2005

Vot for your party, non Brits please vote for your choosen party with (non British) next to the name
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Civitate

2003? Damn, I knew I forgot to vote in something! Lberal Democrat looks strangely tempting for some reason, though. :p
    Under patronage of: Wilpuri

I buggered the poll up, plz wait untill I contact a moderator.

Ive opened polls before, i think its a little late, IM so ashamed.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.

wrong year for a start :blush

oh well i am not sure who i would vote for, not labour due to blair, not liberals over the anti terrosim laws,(these laws let the home secertary imprison people in their homes and hold people with out trial etc, it was passed by 12 votes, yet 16 libreal democrate MPs including the leader did not turn up for vote even though they openly attacked, the consveratives got almost their whole party out to vote against it) they don't diserve my vote.

I woulds probably end up voting consverative as anyone is better than Blair, plus labour is going to win and we as capable an opposition as possible, and i unlike many people my age I am not so stuipid to think that if we vote consveratives into power the will sell everyone into slavery.
    Under the patronage of Boripavlovgrozny.
    Member of BWT.

Ignore this till i fix it, I have 2003 set up on my word and God knows what made me think its 2003.. Oh well I PM'd sib to fix it.

Profler's Avatar Shaving Kit

I woulds probably end up voting consverative as anyone is better than howard
    Not quite sure I follow that.

EDIT: bit of a turnaround for the Lib Dems, they've gone from being the only choice for brits, to only being a a choice for johnny foreigner...
    In patronicvm svb wilpuri
    Patronvm celcvm qvo Garbarsardar et NStarun

The Bottle of France has been lost, the Bottle of Britain has just begun...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Mr. Speaker, do you approve of donuts?" - Hon Eric Forth MP (deceased)
    "You might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment" - Rt Hon Francis Urquhart MP

Labour, Lowest unemployment for years, good economy, better funding for schools etc, committed to be part of the EU but keep our power at the same time...

Why i wont vote for...

Libed ems, They arent anywhere near experienced enough and i dont trust them to learn it while in power.

Conservatives, Thatcherite leader who wouldnt have second thoughts about back stabbing everybody, hell even last week he fired one of his MP's because he basiscly told the truth and said that the torries would screw up the tax system, plus they basicly raped scotland with the poll tax before the even dared touch england with it... i dont appreaciate being used as a fecking guinea pig.

Scottish national party, People who vote for them are idiots who have watched brave heart way too many times, So they want an independant scotland... then what? we get stuck on our own and rely on EU money wich is not garaunteed nor stable to pay for a economy that couldnt realisticly support itself, plus im british first, scottish second.

Thanks go to sib for fixing the thread.

Well I'd vote labour because out of the three leaders Tomy Blair to me is the best. Though I dont agree with Iraq I think Britain is better off. Though the NHS and employment situation in Scotland leave alot to be desired i think the Tory's would not give a "better Britain" in the long run.

If everyone knew that the lib dems want to legalise cannabis, then the poll would be different mes thinks.

That being said, I'd vote Labour, partly coz Blairs done a good job despite Iraq, partly coz if the lib dems win, my Dad loses his job, then my family loses the house etc.

Originally posted by Profler@Apr 5 2005, 09:09 PM

Not quite sure I follow that.

God i am must be going mad, anyone would be better than blair.

EDIT: bit of a turnaround for the Lib Dems, they've gone from being the only choice for brits, to only being a a choice for johnny foreigner...
    indeed quite an odd situation.

Oh and on a side note has anyone seen a picture of Micheal howards wife!!!
    my god
    She is 63 years old, she is the best presevred lady i have ever seen, certainily blows cheerie out of the water.
    Old Sandra is quite a nice secert weapon, i can't imagen my brother not being influenced by her, if she rang his bell so to speak.
    Member of BWT.

Personally, I would vote labour, because the labour MP for my constituency has (to the best of my knowledge at any rate) represented the constituency well and expressed opinions similar to my own on key debates of principle. Were I to vote tactically, I would likely vote for the lib dems, ideally to force a hung parliament and a coalition government.

"You might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment" - Rt Hon Francis Urquhart MP

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

even if people don't agree about how we went to liberate Iraq, they still should vote Labour. Labour have took away 18 years of conservative plight and are making things for the better. The Health service, although still in a state, down to the Tories, is making major improvements. Teachers are being trained and recruited in record numbers, and slowly but surely, the transport system, let to rot for 18 years, is improving.

what is the alternative to not voting labour? a conservative government that will undo all the good work, and govern for the small minority of landowners at the top of the pile. they are all old fat cat land owners, typical thatcherites, who will probably claim a argentine invasion of the isle of wight, and invade it.

i won't even go into the liberals, they're just a bit of a joke. i mean there "free soy for everyone" policy is laughable.

do what is right, vote for labour, and make Tony proud! come on, he even plays the guitar!!:

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

do what is right, vote for labour, and make Tony proud! come one, he even plays the guitar!!
    One of the things I really dislike about new labour is the presidential style of government and the populist persona put forward (pasonified imo by that blasted guitar - ugly rumours, my posterior), something that seems endemic of Tone's style (he seems to have taken the principle beyond even the damage done by Thatcher). New Labour displays a dangerous habit of setting up civil servants as spokesmen to take flak for ministers, not to mention the deplorable influence over policy of 'the sofa cabinet'. Nevertheless, a third labour term (be it in coalition with a minor party or in single government) would seem to be healthier for the country, if only to balance against the 18 years of Tory government.

I am from the U.S., but if I were British, I would vote for the Lib Dems...I think Blair needs to be held accountable for Iraq.

When are Italy's elections? Silvio needs to be removed also.
    SecureROM is stupid....

This poll is very interesting in comparison to the "Bush VS Kerry" one a few months ago.

I think I'll be voting for the Greens, and they should get at least four seats. New Labour is the enemy of the working class.
    Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.

I think I'll be voting for the Greens, and they should get at least four seats. New Labour is the enemy of the working class.
    New Labour would argue that the working class has ceased to exist, something which is true to a certain extent in that it is no longer the key player in politics that it used to be.

The Thatcher governments' economic reforms have shrunk the truly working class of the UK. People from the top floated off into the lower-middle class, those at the bottom have formed an almost benefit reliant class, people who have lived their lives in an environment where no jobs are available and have simply given up on the market.

Originally posted by Total Warrior X@Apr 6 2005, 09:26 PM

some time in 2006, but he got creamed in the locals which where only a few days ago.

Te trouble for all voting libreals is that most often you will infact only being hel the consveratives, MPs are elected by area, by the first past the post system. I think the rough percentages for the parites, are 20%libreals, 33%consveratvies and around 36% for labour, now in a Constituency which has this lay out if say 6% of labour's of labour votes defects, 1% to cosveratives, and 5 to libeals, it the consveratives who win not labour. A vote for labour, is vote for blair but of the other two main parties, A defector will has a choice between voting howard in reality of howard by proxy.
    Member of BWT.

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

Originally posted by Total Warrior X@Apr 6 2005, 04:26 PM
    I am from the U.S., but if I were British, I would vote for the Lib Dems...I think Blair needs to be held accountable for Iraq.

I agree.

Voting for Labour gives off the wrong signal.
    Blair lied and his party, who still support him, should be punished for it.
    If a Dutch minister makes even a small lie he wil be fired, how come there were no new elections when the report came out?

What are Howard and the Conservatives stance on the Iraq War? I could not find it on their site.

If it wasn't for Blair, I would like Labour to win, I do not like the conservative stances on some issues like being anti-EU. I do not like liars about war winning elections, even if he is a "leftist".
    SecureROM is stupid....

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast