Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSA: Mod is STILL ALIVE! IT IS NOT DEAD

Default PSA: Mod is STILL ALIVE! IT IS NOT DEAD

There, that should spell it out.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Double A's Avatar person man

Default Re: PSA: Mod is STILL ALIVE! IT IS NOT DEAD

yay.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Okay, I'm posting here because I don't want to double post in the other thread, but any which way...

You said that all factions besides (IIRC) Tully, Stark and Joffrey need skinning so, er, I was wondering if you can give me something a bit more specific than that? I'm not familiar with the book series so I don't really know the details of all the other factions and their house colors, etc. Is there someplace I can get a good idea how their uniforms should look?
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    Okay, I'm posting here because I don't want to double post in the other thread, but any which way...

You said that all factions besides (IIRC) Tully, Stark and Joffrey need skinning so, er, I was wondering if you can give me something a bit more specific than that? I'm not familiar with the book series so I don't really know the details of all the other factions and their house colors, etc. Is there someplace I can get a good idea how their uniforms should look?
    it doesn't appear anywhere in the book. but they will have the banners, shields and shirts with the house's symbol and colour, as well as the symbol and colours of the house's bannermen(the minor lordling houses).
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

I think these links should help with the remaining factions:

Hmm, well going by those banners it seems that Renly, Greyjoy, Arryn and Stannis can use the skins of Novgorod, HRE, France and Spain, respectively (except for the decals, of course). Or would it be better if they were reworked a bit to look more like their banner colors? Also - Joffrey and Lannister seem to have a near-identical color scheme, should anything be done about that?
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Remember, Joffrey is already skinned, and in my opinion Lannister is the army least in need of a reskin (their colours are already a perfect fit, so all we'd need to do is switch around some symbols). They can be fairly easily differentiated already, so I think we're fine in that respect. The armies most in need of reskins are probably Greyjoy (who should be black and grey in terms of heraldry) and Dorne, but I think you should start with whatever you most want to see done. It's easiest to work on the stuff you feel most passionate about, after all.

What Daedalus said.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Orko's Avatar Praeses

some knights and European units should be given to Dorne as they don't have mideastern style for their armies in the books.

BTW about the accents: I think the best way to solve the problem with accents is by giving all of the faction the KOJ accent from Crusaders campaign(English accent but they just don't mention England)

And it would also be nice if Stannis would not be able to build brothels.
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Haha. That's actually a very very very good idea.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer951 View Post
    Haha. That's actually a very very very good idea.
    what idea?

Oh, I keep on forgetting people can't read minds . I meant the idea about Stannis not being able to build brothels.

Ok here's my try at Tyrell (haven't done the shields yet). Since I'm not too familiar with the book lore I may have unknowingly committed some form of heinous blasphemy so I'll need feedback! Tell me what you think and don't hold back
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Surgeon, that looks really good. Pretty close to how I imagined them from the books.

Aegon's Avatar Libertus

Yes, they look great but I'd imagined the rose (and uniforms) to be more golden than yellow since the rose on their sigil is golden too.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    -- Winston Churchill

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but 'That's funny...’
    -- Issac Asimov

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.
    -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Yeah. When you've done that, send me the download link. Also, if you haven't done their high level militia yet, try to make them look more Westerosi and less italian (that's one of the thing that bugs me about using the italians as a base for our factions).

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer951 View Post
    Oh, I keep on forgetting people can't read minds . I meant the idea about Stannis not being able to build brothels.
    What of the one with the accents?

Those skins look fantastic! Almost perfect for the Tyrells!

Also, I think the accents idea is fantastic, because when they mention the specific country it kinda ruins the mood.

Accents is good, if I can get round to doing that. Real life is forever in the way, as I now have very little time to devote to the mod, so yeah, if someone can do it and put it up, it will be tested and put in, if the team generally likes it

Double A's Avatar person man

O.o

I always imagined Loras wearing blue...
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast