Thread: Ireland, Scotland rebellion

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Ireland, Scotland rebellion

I am not sure whether or not this will happen but i heard you may choose a side when a rebellion occurs. Irish, Scottish. I was wondering, if what i heard was wwrong would it be possible to mod this and make it possible to play ireland or Scotland?
    [IMG]chrome://dictionarytip/skin/book.png[/IMG]

Default Re: Ireland, Scotland rebellion

It's hard to tell for sure before we've actually seen the way ETW works under the hood, but if it's anything like previous games, it should be easy enough.

There might be some challenges to depicting them perfectly historically though. For example, the nature of any prospective rebellion in Ireland changes through the period: at the start (1700) they would be probably be Jacobites rising for the exiled Stuart king (Jacobitism did remain strong in Ireland even after James II abandoned the country) but after Jacobitism fades away after 1746 people turned towards a republican solution which became firmly entrenched after the French Revolution. So it would be unlikely that an Irish rebellion in 1700 would be republican, or that one in 1800 would be monarchist...

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

I am not too bothered on it being completely accurate, I jsut really want to play as the Iirsh. I know there is an irish brigade in the french army though.

Well if the Americans are playable when they emerge, I suppose you could make the Irish and Scotish playable.
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    Well if the Americans are playable when they emerge, I suppose you could make the Irish and Scotish playable.
    Sounds good to me.