Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: NEW SEMI-PUBLIC PAENINSULA ITALICA PATCH V0.86 BETA

Default Re: NEW SEMI-PUBLIC PAENINSULA ITALICA PATCH V0.86 BETA

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    Thank you Mediteran, I'm really trying hard for the 1.0 to be shiny

Romeu, 1.0 version of PI will have to be downloaded anew since some core files have been dislocated and installing only a patch over 0.86 version would mess things up, sorry.

MY sugetion is for the version 1.0 you create a torrent link first( ala EB), This is create a large number of seeds in the begin of the dowload. After some time you create a link for filefront.

Yes, the music was made especially for this mod from the ground up - it was one of the hugest undertakings this mod experienced!!! I left the vanilla songs that I considered to be okey but our own musician Garve made 70+ songs to fill the empty gaps with them. I had a role of musical adviser but Garve is the men who should get all the praise! REP him up! He's a professional Italian musician, has a band and is a great person that I admire a lot
    amazing, its the best music of any mod

ill be sure to rep him, and you for your work

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

MY sugetion is for the version 1.0 you create a torrent link first( ala EB), This is create a large number of seeds in the begin of the dowload. After some time you create a link for filefront.
    Good idea.

amazing, its the best music of any mod

ill be sure to rep him, and you for your work
    Thanx!
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

oh one more thing, while playing as the veneti on hard, i only conquered 2 cities from the rebels, so i didnt expand much yet, but i think i have too much money already, i cant spend it all. or it might be because i am used to EB

also, if i might add, ive seen almost all mods for rtw and m2tw, and the units in this one are i think the most beautiful of them all - m2tw included the mod is truly a work of art i would give you a thousand rep if i could
    Last edited by Mediteran; June 12, 2009 at 01:35 PM.

oh one more thing, while playing as the veneti on hard, i only conquered 2 cities from the rebels, so i didnt expand much yet, but i think i have too much money already, i cant spend it all. or it might be because i am used to EB
    Yes, Veneti need to be toned down.

also, if i might add, ive seen almost all mods for rtw and m2tw, and the units in this one are i think the most beautiful of them all - m2tw included the mod is truly a work of art i would give you a thousand rep if i could
    Yeeeees, thank you so much in the name of Luciano B who made all the work you praise so much!

Yes, Veneti need to be toned down.
    oh, so its just the veneti, i didnt try other factions in campaign yet so i didnt know if it was just a veneti money problem or if it existed for other factions too

Quote Originally Posted by Mediteran View Post
    oh, so its just the veneti, i didnt try other factions in campaign yet so i didnt know if it was just a veneti money problem or if it existed for other factions too
    Yes maybe other factions to but I know that Veneti get a lot of dinarii - maybe I'll get rid of some resources they have or do some other tweaking.

I'm playing with cenomani, in one special EDU with 2X upkeep and 2x unit cost and 2hp, the veneti are too rich, in the faction list they are = etrusc and italitoai in money.

I'm playing with cenomani, in one special EDU with 2X upkeep and 2x unit cost and 2hp,
    Did you do this EDU? What benefits are there for 2hp?

i think SPQR mod uses 2hp, you get longer battles, if im not mistaken

i think SPQR mod uses 2hp, you get longer battles, if im not mistaken
    Okey, so what are the minuses of 2hp?

My first objective is to decrease the number of the armys and numbers of full stacks in the campaign map, i'm doubled the upkeep and training cost for all cavalary, infantry and siege weapons. My second objective is to decrease casualites, in the main line i have sufered one taxe 50% of casualites this taxe cripled my invasions armys, my third objective is to increase duration of the battles (understand the main line duration), to allow my use of more flanking manoveurs and more manoveurs at all. Only the reduction of lethality not work for me, the missile ( special javelins) units continue destroying my lines, i have add +1 hp to all units and doubled all units ammo to balance this.

In my opinion this system is more realistic, the melee fight take more time to finish, the missile weapons are less efective in killing, but have one high efect in weakening enemy lines plus the weakening moral efect (i hit one man he not die but hes lose 1 hp), of course the moral become the key element in the battlefield, is more easy to make one army to rout than kill all yours units.

I upload my EDU, test it.
    PS=I have turned all units with 0 turn recruitment to 1 turn.

Okey, so what are the minuses of 2hp?

i am really not sure, i guess one minus is if one doesnt like longer battles... thats all i can think of but maybe someone else knows better. maybe there is also balancing needed when you give units 2hp, i really cant say with a 100% certainty

i am guessing lt, the maker of spqr mod would know much about this

I have to admit Romeu that I had negative second thoughts on your system until I tested your file... You are right in what you are saying - battles feel more real now - surprisingly enough! What I don't like is unrealistic 0 deaths for the first volley of projectiles that hit the enemy but than again if you have big stacks you don't even notice this in the mids of the battle. I'm heavily inclined to use it for the next patch and give you credits! BUT I need to know first from the more experienced modders if primary 2HP mess autocalculated battles somehow or if by having 2 primary HP's demands to change secondary HP's in order to maintain current autocalc battles. Maybe it's safer (but waaaay more time consuming) to lower the lethality for melee weapons and attack points for ranged weapons in order to make battles last longer - Aper (or anyone with the knowhow), any thoughts on that?

I also like increased cost of units but haven't checked yet if this (especially the upkeep) gets some poorer factions in red numbers from the start.

PS=I have turned all units with 0 turn recruitment to 1 turn.
    Any particular reason why you did that - to prevent many spamming stacks?

Aha, I see. Yeah, a lot of these hosting servers have problems now and then. Thanks.

"I have to admit Romeu that I had negative second thoughts on your system until I tested your file... You are right in what you are saying - battles feel more real now - surprisingly enough! What I don't like is unrealistic 0 deaths for the first volley of projectiles that hit the enemy but than again if you have big stacks you don't even notice this in the mids of the battle."

I'm testing increase the attack value for all javelins units and lower amount of ammo, in my tests this increase the taxe of kill in the first volley and no have very impact in the battle, slingers and archers stay the same for long time harassing.

"I'm heavily inclined to use it for the next patch and give you credits! BUT I need to know first from the more experienced modders if primary 2HP mess autocalculated battles somehow or if by having 2 primary HP's demands to change secondary HP's in order to maintain current autocalc battles."

In my logical this stay the same all units not have any diferency in HP all have 2HP. Stay free to use ande mod all my system.

" Maybe it's safer (but waaaay more time consuming) to lower the lethality for melee weapons and attack points for ranged weapons in order to make battles last longer - Aper (or anyone with the knowhow), any thoughts on that?
    I also like increased cost of units but haven't checked yet if this (especially the upkeep) gets some poorer factions in red numbers from the start."

The Descr_strat need one balancing, example the Poeni, this faction have two large stack in sardinia this criple AI, AI do not manage this disbanding then and recruiting others is sicily, Other example is Syracusa with ancona other large cripling stack . For the poor factions i sugest increase of initial denarii.

"Any particular reason why you did that - to prevent many spamming stacks?"

Yes i have many siege battles, in my citys, fighting conter half stacks of leves romani and others 0 turn units.

I'm testing increase the attack value for all javelins units and lower amount of ammo, in my tests this increase the taxe of kill in the first volley and no have very impact in the battle, slingers and archers stay the same for long time harassing.
    Very good, post the file when you'll be ready - am eager to try results.

The Descr_strat need one balancing, example the Poeni, this faction have two large stack in sardinia this criple AI, AI do not manage this disbanding then and recruiting others is sicily, Other example is Syracusa with ancona other large cripling stack . For the poor factions i sugest increase of initial denarii.
    Large stacks are present there in order to prevent those provinces to rebel in the first turn - other means will have to be done.

Yes i have many siege battles, in my citys, fighting conter half stacks of leves romani and others 0 turn units.
    That is not good yes - thanx for letting me know.

ive tried this edu with the italiotae, with it they go bakrupt if they dont disband most of their armies, so i guess either give them less starting units or some balancing with money.. its no problem for the human player, they can disband, but im not sure if the AI knows how to do it

i disbanded alexanders army and the one in tarentum and now its fine, but now im besieged and have no army to defend myself, its going to be fun
    Last edited by Mediteran; June 14, 2009 at 03:47 PM.

This is the new EDU. 50% more missile attack for all infantry and cavalary with javelins, -50% of ammo (Vanilla Aper's EDU ammo).This need testing.

Thank you Romeu - will test it now.

ive tried this edu with the italiotae, with it they go bakrupt if they dont disband most of their armies, so i guess either give them less starting units or some balancing with money.. its no problem for the human player, they can disband, but im not sure if the AI knows how to do it
    No, the AI does not know what it has to do so it would go bankrupt and get eaten by others pretty soon. Looks like I'll have a lot of work balancing the campaign now but I would have to do that anyway since I'll put different levels of towns (with different levels of buildings) on the map.

Guys, I'll be away for a week starting today - I'll take my laptop with me but since I'll probably have busy days I'm not sure if I'll be able to work on PI I for a week.